Mixing Pink coolant with OEM coolant

Cyberbill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium Gt Convertible
Hey Guys ,,, Have a 2019 Gt Convertible and was looking at the coolant in the tank to see the color. I have some zerox PINK coolant left over from my Audi, and was wondering if I can mix it just for topping off the tank when needed… Or should I just go get some Motocraft oolant at Walmart.
Thanks
Grandpa. Bill
Sponsored

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
I agree with @Jackismydog, stick to the manufacturer's recommended coolant. This goes for any vehicle, not just for Ford. The car was designed a certain why, trust the engineers on what they recommend.

OP you have a nice car, don't gamble with something silly like mixing an Audi coolant just because you have some left over. :) We aren't talking about mixing coolants on some old clunker nobody cares about here.

1686241789409.png

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
The new ford P-OAT coolant mixes with the previous generation of ford coolant but i can't imagine Audi mixes the same with it. I have a bottle at home of zerex that i just used that's not genuine motorcradt that i used just to flush out the pink stuff. I'll take a picture of it later

OP
OP
Cyberbill

Cyberbill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium Gt Convertible
Ok. No mixing. Buying Zerox Orange coolant from O RRiley’s and will have when needed. 50/50 mix. Thanks for the help. Great Forum
Grandpa Bill

Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
The only time I mixed trans fluids was when I started up my new QuickJack a couple weeks ago. Poured leftover ATF quart bottles into the pump tank. Totally different application of ATF!

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Agree with the majority. For the cost it’s not worth the potential unhappiness that might ensue.
Sponsored