• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Missing Underbody Strakes?

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
The Dark Horse with the Handling Pack AND the GT with the Performance Pack come with underbody strakes (although they may need to be installed). However, my Dark Horse without the Handing Pack did not come with underbody strakes. This is peculiar as the DH without the HP is still a step above the GT with the PP. Is this by design or was there an oversight?

For anyone that purchased the DH without the HP, did yours come with strakes or not?
Sponsored

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
You should have them. There is probably a pile of them on a workbench in every dealer service area.

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
Did you check your trunk? Glove box? Call your dealer?

All Dark Horse come with them.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
All DH include them.

Sf22giants

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
My DH non-HP also didn’t have them.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My DH non-HP also didn’t have them.
They don't get installed at the factory. They come in the vehicle in a box, I believe either in the trunk or in the passenger seat floorboard. If you don't have them, then they are still somewhere in the car OR the dealership took them out and never installed them. Did you get your front tow hook, or did the dealership steal that, too?

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
They don't get installed at the factory. They come in the vehicle in a box, I believe either in the trunk or in the passenger seat floorboard. If you don't have them, then they are still somewhere in the car OR the dealership took them out and never installed them. Did you get your front tow hook, or did the dealership steal that, too?
I got the tow hook. It was in the same bag as the floor mats in the trunk. No strakes found anywhere. Are you sure they come with every new DH vehicle? Could there have been a BOM change somewhere along the way? When I ordered my DH it did not have the option to delete the hood stripes but now it does. I just want to be sure I am suppose to have them before I press the matter with the dealer. Thanks for your help.

FrankAR15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus IS Fsport, Toyota 4Runner, Genesis coupe
Mine were in the trunk but under the floor board where the inflator kit is….. GT performance Pack

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
I saw mine right after it came off the truck. They were in the trunk. Dealer installed before I picked it up. GT PP

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
I double checked under the trunk floorboard (again) only this time way in the back and found them hidden in a plastic bag. It was (is) very easy to overlook as they were tucked behind the inflator kit. Thanks all.

MJS54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Corvette Cpe, '18 Lexus ES 350, '23 Bronco Spt
Rebelman, out of curiosity, how long did you have to wait for your DH? I have had mine (auto, no handling pack) on order since the 1st of September last year (through a dealer allocation)...still don't have a build date.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I double checked under the trunk floorboard (again) only this time way in the back and found them hidden in a plastic bag. It was (is) very easy to overlook as they were tucked behind the inflator kit. Thanks all.
Glad you found them. Yes, DH comes with them, with or without the DHHP.

OP
OP
RebelMan

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
Rebelman, out of curiosity, how long did you have to wait for your DH? I have had mine (auto, no handling pack) on order since the 1st of September last year (through a dealer allocation)...still don't have a build date.
From the day it was ordered to the day I took delivery, it took exactly 85 days. That said, I waited longer than that to get it because I was put on an order wait list four months prior (since August 2024).

If your dealer had an actual allocation, your car would have been built by now. There are dealers that will take orders without any actual allocations and those orders will just sit in the system unfulfilled. I would question your dealer about that.

Sf22giants

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
I got the tow hook. It was in the same bag as the floor mats in the trunk. No strakes found anywhere. Are you sure they come with every new DH vehicle? Could there have been a BOM change somewhere along the way? When I ordered my DH it did not have the option to delete the hood stripes but now it does. I just want to be sure I am suppose to have them before I press the matter with the dealer. Thanks for your help.
This is exactly what I got. I’ll go back and lift up the floorboard above the inflation kit again, just to be sure. I did get the floor mats and tow hook in a bag, in the trunk.

Sf22giants

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
I quadruple checked and no strakes in my DH anywhere. I was under the impression only handling pack cars got them so I wouldn’t even know what to tell my dealer, other than, “where strakes?”

Edit: all of you were correct, they do come with all versions of the DH. Mine were “accidentally” taken out of the trunk and set down on a table top, then put in a drawer and forgotten. They were still in the bag and everything. Problem solved… now I just need to install them. I now have a sweet dealership shrine of the strakes bag and the front suspension blocks in my garage now.
Sponsored

Last edited: