Sponsored

Missing parts and plastic covering

OMGPonies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Track Pack
Just curious if anyone else's car has arrived missing any parts or lacking any of the typical protective pieces. My car did not have the plastic wrapping I've seen on the front and rear bumpers, plastic covering the carpets, or plastic over the passenger seat. Also 1/3 of the splitter was missing. I have the middle part and passenger side but the driver's side piece wasn't in the box when my dealer went to install it.

All of this combined with my car having 27 miles driven already has me a little bit suspicious about what occurred between the factory and arriving at my dealer. Anyone else have something similar happen?
Sponsored

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Just curious if anyone else's car has arrived missing any parts or lacking any of the typical protective pieces. My car did not have the plastic wrapping I've seen on the front and rear bumpers, plastic covering the carpets, or plastic over the passenger seat. Also 1/3 of the splitter was missing. I have the middle part and passenger side but the driver's side piece wasn't in the box when my dealer went to install it.

All of this combined with my car having 27 miles driven already has me a little bit suspicious about what occurred between the factory and arriving at my dealer. Anyone else have something similar happen?

Were u there when the car got off the truck? If not, there was a few joy rides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Were you there when it was delivered? (in other words... you trust your dealer?)

OP
OP

OMGPonies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Track Pack
I'm sure it wasn't the dealer. Although I wasn't there when it was rolled off the truck and don't trust them very much, I was there 12 hours later and the weather in between (overnight) would not have allowed for a test drive of any length. Had to wait out the whole next day for things to clear up enough to drive away. Also photos of the car still on the transporter show the protective coverings are already missing.

Sponsored

Rick R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang
Did it have the plastic on the driver seat? My car didn't have any bumper covers either, or they had taken it off, but the interior was a plastic fest.

GTA Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT350
Removing the plastic wraps and stickers are all part of the PDI cleanup. Few new car owners ever see those unless they specifically tell the dealer not to prep their cars.

Taking the car out for a "test drive" and "filling up the tank" can add a few miles to the car. Often the sales manager and/or the service guy/manager will do more "test drives" of their own. That is especially common because this is a unique car that they don't usually get to drive. Sometime sales guys will use your car as a demo, because for sure they won't have a factory designated GT350 demo car assigned to them.

The missing splitter pieces can just be an error from the factory. That is not uncommon. My car was delivered with the wrong rear spoiler so here we go. :ford:

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
It's possible it went through an extra QC process at the factory. My custom ordered 2011 had 71 miles on it at delivery along with a slip of paper attached to the order explaining the QC process and what was checked.

OP
OP

OMGPonies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Track Pack
Did it have the plastic on the driver seat? My car didn't have any bumper covers either, or they had taken it off, but the interior was a plastic fest.
Yes thankfully the driver's seat and steering wheel were covered. It's relieving to hear that at least one other car didn't have the bumper covers at delivery.

It's possible it went through an extra QC process at the factory. My custom ordered 2011 had 71 miles on it at delivery along with a slip of paper attached to the order explaining the QC process and what was checked.
I'm thinking the miles likely came from something like this, though I had no paperwork to indicate it. Perhaps some of the plastic was pulled off the check interior parts quality?

Removing the plastic wraps and stickers are all part of the PDI cleanup. Few new car owner ever see those unless they specifically tell the dealer not to prep their cars.

Taking the car out for a "test drive" and "filling up the tank" can add a few miles to the car. Often the sales manager and/or the service guy/manager will do more "test drives" of their own. That is especially common because this is a unique car that they don't usually get to drive. Sometime sales guys will use your car as a demo, because for sure they won't have a factory designated GT350 demo car assigned to them.

The missing splitter pieces can just be an error from the factory. That is not uncommon. My car was delivered with the wrong rear spoiler so here we go. :ford:
I saw the car exactly as it was when rolled off the truck and photos still on the truck, they knew I didn't want any plastic or anything removed. These was no PDI test drive and I took it on the drive for gas fill-up myself. Yes definitely the missing splitter piece was probably a separate issue or even supplier issue, but combined with everything else it's discomforting as a whole.

Last edited:

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
mine is missing the owners manual packet. i picked up at train yard and was not in it. dealer called them and they didnt see it either they said. new one on order but was told probably about 3-4 weeks for it.

Sponsored

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod
Is it a 2015 or a 2016? The 2015s have arrived with 25-35 miles per car...with the exception of one in Washington that arrived with 143 miles. :doh:

GTA Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT350
Is it a 2015 or a 2016? The 2015s have arrived with 25-35 miles per car...with the exception of one in Washington that arrived with 143 miles. :doh:
His sig says 2016, built date 11/11.

BTW: Not exactly sure what bumper wrapper OMGPonies was talking about. There was none on mine. May be they took them off to install the stripes?

OP
OP

OMGPonies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Track Pack
His sig says 2016, built date 11/11.

BTW: Not exactly sure what bumper wrapper OMGPonies was talking about. There was none on mine. May be they took them off to install the stripes?
I know I've seen it on some cars that people posted photos of that had some plastic and little foam pads on the bumpers. I think I even saw it on some striped cars although that is definitely a good possibility for why it could be missing. In any case I'm relieved to hear that some other cars were missing it too.

I just wish Ford would provide more communication to owners about what has been done with the car before delivery. It's really difficult getting a car with 27 miles and no explanation when many are delivered with 5-6. But all is overcome by how awesome this car is!! :ford:

blueboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
My car had 18 (or 28) miles on it.

My brother watched it come off the trailer, so it wasn't driven by the dealer.

My car was missing one of the fob, and the other fob had the snake pryed off.

Apparently the transport drivers like such things.

My dealer is yet to give the correct fobs as a replacement.

And, my car was missing the drivers side rear mud flap (or whatever it is called.)

5.2 VooDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp. Orange GT 350 - Born March 3rd - Arrrived March 14th
Ridiculous!
Sponsored