Status
Not open for further replies.

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Hey Guys!

Nick here from Mishimoto, with good news for those of you piloting the 2018+ GT's! We've brought a handful of the facelifted Mustangs into the shop and engineered a direct fit catch can kit compatible with the updates that Ford made. For the full write-up on our updates, head on over to the Engineering Blog.

NLT_8861.jpg

We chose to retain the same mounting method, in which our bracket design takes the place of a radiator stay, however with the updates made to the front end of the car, we needed to make some adjustments to our bracket. For this, we were actually able to revisit a proposed design that we came up with when we were first designing the 2015-2017 kit.

NLT_1213.jpg

With a few adjustments, it fit like a glove in the 2018's engine bay and got straight to work protecting the Coyote's intake valves. While our engineer put the finishing touches on the final kit, we sent our prototype kit out for a 100 mile test collection run. In that short period we saw a collection of just over 10ml of oil. True, the direct injection in the Coyote's 3rd generation does have the benefit of port injection back-up, but that oil will still turn to sticky carbon buildup eventually.

NLT_9238.jpg

If you're still looking for a way to keep your Mustang's valves clean, you're in luck, since our kit in now on presale! Make sure you act fast and click the link below to cash in on the special discounted pricing!

2018+ Ford Mustang GT Direct Fit Catch Can

As always, feel free to shoot me any questions you might have

-Nick
Sponsored

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
How much and when

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I have a Mishimoto catch can on my 18' Accord. Works quite well and captured about 2-3 tablespoons of oil on my last oil change.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your interest in our updated kit for the 2018+ Mustangs! That kit is available for order on Mishimoto.com at this time, so feel free to follow the link in the initial post or below to check that out.

https://www.mishimoto.com/ford-mustang-gt-baffled-oil-catch-can-2018.html

This kit is a direct-fit and does not require any additional modification to the car, just the replacement of the factory radiator bracket with our new bracket for that and the catch can. It will require the removal of the front upper cover, (as well as the engine cover to gain access to the PCV hose), for installation, but that can be reinstalled after the bracket is placed. Our photos show the kit without some of the covers installed for a better view of our bracket and the can setup. Like our other direct-fit options, the bottom of the can unscrews for easy emptying, or we offer the petcock drain kit, MMBCC-DRAIN-02, which attaches to a port on the bottom of the can for easier access and draining.

If you have any questions, feel free to check out the product page or reach out to us at [email protected]!

Thanks,

Mishimoto.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Hey Guys!

I just wanted to bump this thread up to let you know that we have now officially launched this catch can kit! Those of you that are on the presale should be receiving your shipping information very soon!

Thank you guys so much for following along with the development of this product, and I'll still be keeping an eye on this thread in case you have any questions!

-Nick

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Hey Guys!

Good news for those of you across the pond! We now have inventory of this kit in our UK warehouse which serves the full of Europe!

Let me know if you have any questions!

-Nick

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Status
Not open for further replies.