Mishimoto's 2015+ Mustang GT Silicone Induction Hose Development

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmiNo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Auto
I was about to pull my wallet out to order one until I saw the new msrp. How does this compare to the airraid tube?

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I was about to pull my wallet out to order one until I saw the new msrp. How does this compare to the airraid tube?
I have both. This one is bigger in diameter and the small nozzles are installed to not disturb the flow and the shape of the elbow. Airaid had some sections resembling stock where the nozzles are located. The pressure drop is definitely lower in this vs air aid mit.

T-S550-X

Threads
Reaction score
DFW, Texas, USA, Planet Earth, Milkyway Galaxy
First Name
Naji
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2015 Mustang GT PP
Got mine on too a couple of days ago. I finally got to drive it today. Butt dyno says its definitely pulls smoother compared to stock. I coupled this with the AFE dry filter. I'm very happy with the results.

On another note, has anyone modified the stock airbox at all ? I didn't remove it, but it looks like incoming air has a lot to go through, before it hits the filter. It that true ?

Last edited:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I can't believe how terrible the OEM intake tube is designed, this is so much cleaner, throttle response feel better, has a neat little intake whistle at WOT. Car feels totally fresh, can't wait to get my tune.

Some pics:

Before:

After (also, Redline hood struts that made it WAY easier to install this)

Resonator/sound tube parts removed:

Additional air flow fouling sound baffle-something on the OEM intake:

30889907206_70b21972f1_b.jpg

Sponsored

Sponsored

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Mine is on....

got it last week and put it on Monday. I broke the lock on one of the hoses but the hose still stays put so I'll deal with that later. I had planned to wait and install after getting a baseline Dyno run but I decided to forgo that since I'm not that serious about racing. I installed an aFe dry panel filter along with the tube. Anyway the tube is on and the car runs great. I didn't notice any increased noise in the engine bay but in Sport+ mode the Kooks catback sounds crisper. So put me in the satisfied buyer column. Now I just have to get enough courage to drop the front bumper to install my Velossa Tech Rev2 ram tube.
mishi1.jpg
mishi2.jpg
Velossa Rev2.jpg

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
got it last week and put it on Monday. I broke the lock on one of the hoses but the hose still stays put so I'll deal with that later. I had planned to wait and install after getting a baseline Dyno run but I decided to forgo that since I'm not that serious about racing. I installed an aFe dry panel filter along with the tube. Anyway the tube is on and the car runs great. I didn't notice any increased noise in the engine bay but in Sport+ mode the Kooks catback sounds crisper. So put me in the satisfied buyer column. Now I just have to get enough courage to drop the front bumper to install my Velossa Tech Rev2 ram tube.
Looks great! Thinking of the same engine cover :cheers:

It's interesting you say the exhaust sounds "crisper", that's a pretty apt description, my Solo Mach Thunder sounds less muddy, like there was some additional sound creating a weird extra bit of noise.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Awesome posts guys. I'm reading everyone's comments about their thoughts on the hose and couldn't be more pleased! Big thanks for choosing our induction hose, looks like you're all enjoying it so far. As always, if anyone has any questions or concerns regarding this product, please don't hesitate to contact us!

Keep 'em coming!

AmiNo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Auto
Any updates from those that installed?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.