Sponsored

Mishimoto strut tower brace reviews?

5.0GPA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Anyone install the mishimoto strut tower brace on their GT? Seems like a good value and provides more access to the engine than others, but have never used any of their products. Any reviews would be appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
I don't have the Mishimoto, but I have a question for you.

Is your GT a Premium trim level? If so, it came with the strut tower to firewall brace, which is half the strut tower/engine bay brace equation. If so, you only need the strut tower brace, and this Mishimoto part would answer the mail for that.

If you don't have a Premium, then you really could make use of both the strut tower-firewall brace and the strut-strut tower brace. If this is the case, you should give a look to the M-20201-M Ford Performance strut tower brace kit.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-20201-M

OP
OP

5.0GPA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have a base GT...it was my daily driver, but got a new daily, so starting to get into some basic mods...in your opinion does the firewall brace add much? On previous cars, I usually just had the normal strut tower to tower brace. Also, how's the install on the firewall brace...the 6Gs seem to have those push pins and plastic fasteners everywhere. lol. Thanks again.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I installed the kit Mike mentioned (I think I made a review thread here) but the install is easy and did not take long. Hard to say if the firewall brace made a difference but any bracing helps. Got rid of the loose feeling I had up front.

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium

Is your GT a Premium trim level? If so, it came with the strut tower to firewall brace, which is half the strut tower/engine bay brace equation. If so, you only need the strut tower brace, and this Mishimoto part would answer the mail for that.

If you don't have a Premium, then you really could make use of both the strut tower-firewall brace and the strut-strut tower brace. If this is the case, you should give a look to the M-20201-M Ford Performance strut tower brace kit.

The PP comes with both and the 20" wheels come with cowl brace.

My GT Premium came with a fake plastic half cowl brace which was replaced when I installed the FR braces.

krello

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium

This is great information. Thank you!
Sponsored