Misfire 5,6,7 & CPS Bank2 after OPG/CG

Roki187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wally
Vehicle(s)
15gt pp, 2jz s14, 7.5 Gti and a Ls430
Did you find out with misfires or? I'm curious if anyone ran theirs with 5 to 12 rather than 5 to 5 to 12. And how did you get the links to line back up?
Mine ran the 5-12 but with major misfires. When I took it apart I ligned up the pass side to R, took it apart. Than I rotated to 5 o'clock position. Took apart the drivers side. I than had to rotate the drivers cam to line up as per picture instructions (the L) Than proceeded to reinstall per instructions. Than I rotated the crank a full revolution back to 5 o'clock. I than rotated to 12 so the keyway is facing up and reassembled the passenger side. Once all done I rotated a million times until the marks ligned up again to verify timing was dead on. Hope that helps.
image.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Mine ran the 5-12 but with major misfires. When I took it apart I ligned up the pass side to R, took it apart. Than I rotated to 5 o'clock position. Took apart the drivers side. I than had to rotate the drivers cam to line up as per picture instructions (the L) Than proceeded to reinstall per instructions. Than I rotated the crank a full revolution back to 5 o'clock. I than rotated to 12 so the keyway is facing up and reassembled the passenger side. Once all done I rotated a million times until the marks ligned up again to verify timing was dead on. Hope that helps.
This is exactly what I did. But I wanted to know if there was a way to do it w/o moving the cams, but assumed the cams needed to be moved back.

Roki187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wally
Vehicle(s)
15gt pp, 2jz s14, 7.5 Gti and a Ls430
This is exactly what I did. But I wanted to know if there was a way to do it w/o moving the cams, but assumed the cams needed to be moved back.
Not sure why that pic is sideways but yes you may need rotate the drivers side cam to its correct position for the L to line up.

OP
OP

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Just to close the loop on this. Got it re-timed. It runs! Did have to move the cams. Definitely nerve wracking but it's done and right now has a Whipple sitting on it. But that's for another post.

Thanks everyone. Greatly appreciated!!

sKyZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP, 1994 GT 'Vert
Just to close the loop on this. Got it re-timed. It runs! Did have to move the cams. Definitely nerve wracking but it's done and right now has a Whipple sitting on it. But that's for another post.

Thanks everyone. Greatly appreciated!!
What was the process for moving the cams and what did you do to get it all back in time? Can you please explain? I feel I might have done the same thing.

OP
OP

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
What was the process for moving the cams and what did you do to get it all back in time? Can you please explain? I feel I might have done the same thing.
It's been a while, but the instructions say something like taking it one turn, then take it to 6 o'clock or something. I only took it to 6 o'clock. There's a flat spot on the cams, I rolled the engine back over, then re-timed it. I wish I could be more help, but it's been almost 3 years.
Sponsored