Sponsored

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
I dig the color sample, oil slick describes it well. The full car pics look a little too purply for me. I think I'm getting eruption green pending more pics of real cars. I do like the idea of owning a rare color though.
Sponsored

uniquesnd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Theodore
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I just can’t get into the 2018 front ends. The cars look like a catfish coming down the road.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
what color is it? Are there any pics of Mischevious Purple?
He was kidding. It is MP.

I just can’t get into the 2018 front ends. The cars look like a catfish coming down the road.
And you are posting this in a Mischievous Purple thread why. :facepalm: There are four year old threads about the 18+ front ends that you can post in :giggle:.

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
I don't know if this has been asked yet, but how come it is not coming up as an available color with the California Special package?

Sponsored

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
‘22 5.0 GT/‘16 F150 XLT/‘21 Explorer Platinum
I dig the color sample, oil slick describes it well. The full car pics look a little too purply for me. I think I'm getting eruption green pending more pics of real cars. I do like the idea of owning a rare color though.
If you look at the picture that has the rear driver's side aspect, look at the driver's side rear bumper "corner". There is a blue hue there, similar to the order guide sample.
I think with most modern dark metallics, a coat of wax, sealant or ceramic is required to give the clear coat a "wet" look, enhancing clarity of the clear and depth of the base/colour coat(s).

This colour, fully detailed, in the sun, will be a showstopper!
Screenshot_20211207-090939_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211116-145333_Messenger.jpg

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
If you look at the picture that has the rear driver's side aspect, look at the driver's side rear bumper "corner". There is a blue hue there, similar to the order guide sample.
I think with most modern dark metallics, a coat of wax, sealant or ceramic is required to give the clear coat a "wet" look, enhancing clarity of the clear and depth of the base/colour coat(s).

This colour, fully detailed, in the sun, will be a showstopper!
Ahh, so it'll only look like that in the sun. Yah, I've seen a few of those. I went and looked at a BMW in carbon blue and it was a similar story. Blue in really bright light and on the highlights, but black in flat light. So this will be purple with blue highlights. Still metallics are hard to do justice in pictures as they scintillate a lot.

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
‘22 5.0 GT/‘16 F150 XLT/‘21 Explorer Platinum
Ahh, so it'll only look like that in the sun. Yah, I've seen a few of those. I went and looked at a BMW in carbon blue and it was a similar story. Blue in really bright light and on the highlights, but black in flat light. So this will be purple with blue highlights. Still metallics are hard to do justice in pictures as they scintillate a lot.
I had a BMW "Individual" years ago. Colour was Azurite Black Metallic. Looked black most times, direct sun popped the blue flake, keeping a good coat of high quality sealant enhanced the finish.
As one moved around the car in sunlight, it shifted or phased the colour.
The Individual series was a select few colours, with 5 coats of clear, rather than BMW's standard 2 at the time.

I have a '22 GT on order in Mischievous Purple and I think it will look phenomenal.

KJZ28

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KevinJoyce.HoulihanLawrence.com
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT SP1
That purple kind of seems like purple version of anitmatter blue...basically black except in direct sunlight where you can kind of see the hidden metallic color. Too subtle for me.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

BrakeFade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E39 M5, '21 CFTP GT500
Reminds a lot of Dodge’s Helraisin purple which they originally called Black Eye.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Oil Slick is probably my second favorite '22 color.

Dr_Banana_Hammock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
N
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium Grabber Blue
@Twin Turbo where did you source the pics? I'm poking around seeing if anyone from that day posted a walk-around vid.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT