Sponsored

Milltek v Roush

V8nag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Currently working out which exhaust to get and had pretty much settled on Roush Axle Back but then came across the Milltek Cat Back systems which are not a huge amount more. I was thinking of going for a Quad Tip system but the need to change the valance has ruled that out.

Has anyone compared the Roush and Milltek and got any recommendations?
Sponsored

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
I can't say I've seen or heard a Roush system but I have an X-pipe Milltek cat-back fitted.

Ultimately the sound you want is a personal preference, but from a quality perspective you'd have to go a VERY long way to beat the Milltek system. Materials, manufacturing, fit and finish are top notch ..... and it sounds f:censored:king AWESOME! :headbang: (if you like the X-pipe type of sound).

Heretian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex GT in TY. Now GT Shadow in RR
I compared the 2 and preferred the Milltek. The materials are great and it is well built but I do have an alignment issue on he left pipe. Photos in the what have you done today thread.

The Roush is quieter and less racey i thought and as I got a bargain on the Milltek it was too good to miss.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I echo the comments above. I'd listened to a lot of sound clips without any firm intention to replace the stock system but when the Milltek system appeared together with it's introductory discount it was a must-have for me. Quality build, black tips and the same alignment issue as Heretian! I personally wasn't up for cutting the stock system so it was always going to be catback.
That said, there are a lot with Roush ABs and they sound great too.

Yellostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow Mustang GT Fastback
I echo the comments above. I'd listened to a lot of sound clips without any firm intention to replace the stock system but when the Milltek system appeared together with it's introductory discount it was a must-have for me. Quality build, black tips and the same alignment issue as Heretian! I personally wasn't up for cutting the stock system so it was always going to be catback.
That said, there are a lot with Roush ABs and they sound great too.
To give the other side, I have a Roush AB and love it. Nice deep muscle car tone, loud when you want it and hard to beat for bang-for-buck. Haven't heard any catback systems in person, but I really can't imagine anyone being disappointed with the Roush. Really adds character and presence to the car.

From videos I've listened to, the Milltek has a harsher and more aggressive tone than I was looking for, but I have only heard good things about the system, so I don't think you could go wrong either way.

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Yes, I should add my Mustang is not my daily and I don't drive it at anti-social times of the day. Don't get me wrong, I would. I just don't have to... ;)

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
..... Quality build, black tips and the same alignment issue as Heretian! ......
No alignment issues when I fitted mine ..... maybe it's not your exhaust that's out of alignment, maybe it's the car?! ;) ... or maybe it's my car! :eyebulge:

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V8 Manual Fastback, DIB
Currently working out which exhaust to get and had pretty much settled on Roush Axle Back but then came across the Milltek Cat Back systems which are not a huge amount more. I was thinking of going for a Quad Tip system but the need to change the valance has ruled that out.

Has anyone compared the Roush and Milltek and got any recommendations?
If it helps, I have a Roush quad tip rear valance for sale?

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
No alignment issues when I fitted mine ..... maybe it's not your exhaust that's out of alignment, maybe it's the car?! ;) ... or maybe it's my car! :eyebulge:
It seriously could be my car, that would not surprise me! :)
It doesn't worry me. Sooner or later one of the spanner monkeys I let loose on the car will listen to me and fix it.

Sponsored

blueboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barrie
Vehicle(s)
Dib GT and vw transporter
Has anybody fitted the Milltek with the resonator on a GT yet ?

davidathomas42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 5.0 V8
I have the Roush axle back and it's just awesome! Exactly what i was after

That's the link to the fitting video I did if you have not seen it

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Roush Axle is probably the best bang for your buck. Easy to 're-fix' the system if you wanna sell without axle backs, most exhaust places can put the parts back together, at ÂŁ500 it's a steal for what it does to your car's voice (And I've heard plenty of GT exhausts and it's way way way up there).

Best bet with exhausts is to hear in person, Videos do nothing justice unless you have a top class mic recording and a top class audio system to listen through.

CoventryCapri

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting Race Red Mustang GT
I'm looking at pulling trigger on exhaust purchase fairly soon, Roush is top of the list but would like to hear in person first, just not the same through speakers!

Is there anyone local to midlands that wouldn't mind a quick meet up at some stage?

Manders - i believe your local (and seem to know a lot of owners) don't suppose your aware of a key candidate?

Wobs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Roush is top of the list but would like to hear in person first, just not the same through speakers!

Is there anyone local to midlands that wouldn't mind a quick meet up at some stage?

Manders - i believe your local (and seem to know a lot of owners) don't suppose your aware of a key candidate?
I work in Northampton, which is not too far away or you could go to Modurstang this Saturday in Chipping Norton, there will be few exhausts to listen to.
Sponsored