• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Milky colored Oil, possible head gasket issue?

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Check your PM...
Sponsored

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I'm going to run this oil 5,000 miles with nothing added and see how it looks. As well as I have a test kit from Blackstone on the way and I saved a jar of the oil I just took out to send in for a test. That'll confirm the presence of coolant if any.
There may still be a little in there but hopefully not enough to still see it on the next oil service.

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
There may still be a little in there but hopefully not enough to still see it on the next oil service.
I have a long road trip coming up in the next month and that should push me close to the next oil change so fingers crossed it looks nice and clear come then.

JPGC_S650

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 2022 HD Road King Special
Not needed anymore, I got my answer I was looking for but don't know how to delete the thread myself.
The whole point of a forum like this is to be able to reference shared info, especially for new owners…given they use the search function properly. Deleting threads takes away from this. Otherwise, you might as well just have a Facebook page. There used to be a lot of active forums with a plethora of information but sadly that time has passed.

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The whole point of a forum like this is to be able to reference shared info, especially for new owners…given they use the search function properly. Deleting threads takes away from this. Otherwise, you might as well just have a Facebook page. There used to be a lot of active forums with a plethora of information but sadly that time has passed.
you got a good point, ill switch the title back and type out my original post again.

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You added 2 bottles of Ceratec and wonder why it doesn't look normal?
Stop overthinking it, and chill out on the additives.
im glad that most of my research across multiple forums and videos show that ceratec does this to the oil. I just filled it up with 10qts of Penzoil Platinum 5W-30 full synthetic, nothing else. My next oil change should be in about 2 months, i imagine i wont see the same results as this time. I also plan on going at least 2 oil changes before adding a LITTLE ceratec at a time to remedy the tic.

I wish i would have known that you truly dont need to use the recommended amount, 300ml per 5qts oil. definitely would have saved a few bucks and some time spent stressing out lol.

thelostone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
That
i had made a post yesterday about my exhaust smelling like coolant/Sweet so i decided to do my oil change today to see if the oil looked off. This is what it looked like, not sure it looks right, what do you think?

*edit* i did add 2 bottle of ceratec at my last oil change, though it seems that was way too much. The bottle says treats 5qts per 300ml of Ceratec so i figured 2 bottles for 10 quarts of oil. Seems the slight cloudy tint is most likely from too much ceratec, live and learn lol.

Liqui Moly claims the Ceratec will maintain in the engine 30,000 miles. I do not see how, but that is the claim.
that’s the Ceratec ..nothings wrong with your car ..monitor coolant reservoir level ..2 bottles is for 10 qts just minus 600ml of oil before hand to compensate for the added 600ml of ceratec

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
i had made a post yesterday about my exhaust smelling like coolant/Sweet so i decided to do my oil change today to see if the oil looked off. This is what it looked like, not sure it looks right, what do you think?

*edit* i did add 2 bottle of ceratec at my last oil change, though it seems that was way too much. The bottle says treats 5qts per 300ml of Ceratec so i figured 2 bottles for 10 quarts of oil. Seems the slight cloudy tint is most likely from too much ceratec, live and learn lol.

Good morning! If you need any assistance with your concerns, feel free to send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info.
Sponsored