Sponsored

Mileage on Pilot Sport 4s

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Hey guys. I'm just wondering how many miles you are getting out of your Michelin Ps4s. I bought my car used and it currently has 16,000 miles. The tires look fine and I have no issues with traction but I was thinking I should measure the tread depth just to check out how they are doing. I am assuming they are the original set from Ford. If anyone has a quick method for checking tread depth that would be great too. I have used the old school penny method but there's probably a better way - I'm sure I could buy a tool as well. Compared to the truck tires I have had over the years they seem to have minimal tread depth from the start...
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
penny works fine. Just bring a mm ruler with you.

nms_1122

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicole
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K1166
I have a 2019 Bullitt with 16,000 miles and I expect to get at least another summer season out of the PS4Ss. So that's 3 summers. I run snow tires in the winter (Chicagoland area) and the rears only got me 2 seasons. I do tend to drive hard. I will definitely be replacing the PS4S, I think they are a great performing tire.

Chris2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careeup.tech
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 / 2021 Jaguar SVR / 2019 TrackHawk
Depending on your driving 30 to 40k miles is possible. Obviously, that can vary, I have ran those on different cars and the highest was 25k miles at trade-in and they were still fine.

Sponsored

Kazman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kaz
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT500 , 2015 Z06 Corvette , 2019 Widebody Hellcat Challenger
Hey guys. I'm just wondering how many miles you are getting out of your Michelin Ps4s. I bought my car used and it currently has 16,000 miles. The tires look fine and I have no issues with traction but I was thinking I should measure the tread depth just to check out how they are doing. I am assuming they are the original set from Ford. If anyone has a quick method for checking tread depth that would be great too. I have used the old school penny method but there's probably a better way - I'm sure I could buy a tool as well. Compared to the truck tires I have had over the years they seem to have minimal tread depth from the start...
Had to change out the wifes Fronts this summer , approx 35,000 KMs on them and the inside edge is / was down to the cords . Had the front end re aligned just in case , there was nothing wrong with it , i guess its a combination of out terrible roads where we live and soft compound tire on heavy car

nms_1122

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicole
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K1166
Had to change out the wifes Fronts this summer , approx 35,000 KMs on them and the inside edge is / was down to the cords . Had the front end re aligned just in case , there was nothing wrong with it , i guess its a combination of out terrible roads where we live and soft compound tire on heavy car
Thank you for that information! I just put my summer tires back on and noticed that my winter tires were more worn on the inside edge. I was wondering if I had an alignment problem. The car tracks perfectly fine.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase

Fronts only, square set up, sounds like you're not checking pressures and rotating the tires.

Jason304

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350 2016 Ram 2500 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your car likely has negative camber which will wear the inside edge.
Check your owners manual. My Shelby is running just over 1 degree of negative camber.
FABFEE1A-5FB6-4326-90B3-E0FEC400F51D.jpeg

Kazman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kaz
Vehicle(s)
Your car likely has negative camber which will wear the inside edge.
Check your owners manual. My Shelby is running just over 1 degree of negative camber.
FABFEE1A-5FB6-4326-90B3-E0FEC400F51D.jpeg
Heres mine .

Alignment.jpg

Sponsored

Kazman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kaz
Vehicle(s)
Fronts only, square set up, sounds like you're not checking pressures and rotating the tires.
I thought you couldn't rotate tires from side to side as they have an " Inside " and an "outside"

gpierce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
I thought you couldn't rotate tires from side to side as they have an " Inside " and an "outside"
You’re thinking directional tires. Inside outside tires can be swapped any direction so long as the same size because they can rotate either direction. When the rear is a different size you obviously can only swap from one side to the other.

OP
OP
MNstang

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Thanks for the responses so far guys. I have the factory wheels and tires (bigger tires on the rear - PP1 car). How often should I swap these side to side? I have no idea if they've ever been switched side to side (bought the car used) - the threads I can find seem like most people think switching side to side is a waste of time but if some of you are getting uneven wear I'm thinking switching side to side every 8-10k might not be a bad idea...

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
My last set of Pilot Super Sports racked up a grand total of 3,200 miles before Michelin gave me a replacement for $250.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the responses so far guys. I have the factory wheels and tires (bigger tires on the rear - PP1 car). How often should I swap these side to side? I have no idea if they've ever been switched side to side (bought the car used) - the threads I can find seem like most people think switching side to side is a waste of time but if some of you are getting uneven wear I'm thinking switching side to side every 8-10k might not be a bad idea...
I do my tires with the oil changes, on your car staggered, swap the fronts L&R - rears L&R. The key to tire wear is 2 fold pressure & rotation.

Any fool knows that, meaning "the waste of time" crowd.
Sponsored