Sponsored

Mid-Ohio Cquartz / Ceramic Pro / Clear Bra Shops

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
I'd like to know if anyone around the central Ohio area has taken their car in to have cquartz, ceramic pro or other paint protection products applied?

If so, would you advise where you went, a rough estimate for cost and how the finish product looks? I tried searching the forum to avoid double posting, but came up with nothing.
Thanks in advance!

Adding the quotes I've received as of 4/12/16

http://www.aapcolumbus.com/
Quote: "Cost for front end including bumper is $750.00. We will the rear flares at no charge".
Information: They use something call "Llumar film", which I'm not familiar with. They have mixed reviews since they also install car alarms, remote starters, etc.

www.autodetaildoctor.com

Clear Bra: "An XPEL partial hood, partial fenders, mirrors, and the front bumper, pricing is 950 dollars. The bumper is 550 dollars, and the partial hood, partial fenders, and mirrors are 400. I would love to offer you a package combing XPEL and Opti Coat Pro Plus, but pricing is regulated and I'm not permitted to lower them."
Opticoat:There are a couple opticoat packages listed on his site. Bronze = $300 Opticoat light 2 year + need to pay for a detailing ($195). Silver = $795 for Opticoat Pro 5 year, comes with a detailing. Gold = $1195 for Opticoat Pro Plus 7 year, comes with a detailing and polish.
Information: This owner has a massive amount of positive reviews and seems very credible, as well as professional with the communication I've had with him going back and forth. His Opticoat packages seems reasonable and include a full detailing before being applied. He wouldn't budge on pricing, even when asked about a combo package.

http://ljautospa.com/
Clear Bra: "$425 is the Bumper and Mirrors. $725 for bumper, mirrors and partial hood and fenders. $1500 for the full front end. $1775 for full front end, rocker panels and rear impact area. $5000 to wrap the entire vehicle. These prices include wrapping the edges when possible to hide the film. We also have our own plotter to cut the film and make changes to the patterns for the best install possible."
Ceramic Pro: "Our Silver Package with the 5 year warranty is $1000. That would include 1 layer of 9h and 1 layer of Light, Rain on the windows, 1 layer 9h on plastic and rubber trim and I remove the wheels to coat the inside and out not just the faces."
Information:
Owner states "When these services are combined we offer a 10% discount". Owner is also very knowledgeable and professional, he really took the time to write up a nice long email. It doesn't sound like they do a full detail to the car, like the Auto Detail Doctor, before they apply the film or Ceramic Pro. He does "prep" the car though. Can't really find many reviews on him, they're fairly new.

4/25/16
I chose LJ Auto Spa. Just picked the Stang up from getting up from getting a clear bra installed and having Ceramic Pro put on. It's so shiny!

Sponsored

Last edited:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Try a Google search.
I did a Google search and found a shop in my state. Good luck.

OP
OP
soldier989

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
I've found a couple shops that list they do expel, 3M and Cquartz. But I'm looking for recommendations and information from anyone that has had the job done.

Sometimes referrals can get someone a kickback as well.

sweetchuck2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, DIB, Tech package.
If you don't mind the drive to West Chester, check out CarZmedics. Jason did my Ceramic Pro, and it turned out fantastic.

Sponsored

murphy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
West Chester isn't far from me. Will definitely give them a call. Thanks for the recommendation.

OP
OP
soldier989

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
I don't mind driving, I go to Cincy fairly often. Mind sharing what the ceramic pro ran you, and how long it took?

sweetchuck2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, DIB, Tech package.
I don't mind driving, I go to Cincy fairly often. Mind sharing what the ceramic pro ran you, and how long it took?
I went with the Gold package, with the lifetime warranty. It was $1899. He did the wheels and the leather inside as well. It basically took 3 days to do. He was very accommodating too. I dropped my car off to him on a Sunday, and picked it up Thursday. It took about a day longer than he had estimated, but he spent most of the first day detailing my car and wanted to make sure he didn't miss any areas.

http://ceramicprofreequote.com

OP
OP
soldier989

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Thanks for the information! Definitely sounds like he paid serious attention to detail.

Any others have something similar done to their car? I watched some videos on how to apply Cquartz to the body panels. It doesn't seem hard, its similar to applying wax. Anyone ever try doing this on their own?

OP
OP
soldier989

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Here are some quotes I've received so far. My requested quotes were for paint protection (cQuartz, Ceramic Pro, Opticoat Pro), clear bra being added to the front clip, partial hood, partial fenders, mirror backs and rear fender flairs.

http://www.aapcolumbus.com/
Quote:
"Cost for front end including bumper is $750.00. We will the rear flares at no charge".
Information:
They use something call "Llumar film", which I'm not familiar with. They have mixed reviews since they also install car alarms, remote starters, etc.

www.autodetaildoctor.com
Quote:
Clear Bra "An XPEL partial hood, partial fenders, mirrors, and the front bumper, pricing is 950 dollars. The bumper is 550 dollars, and the partial hood, partial fenders, and mirrors are 400. I would love to offer you a package combing XPEL and Opti Coat Pro Plus, but pricing is regulated and I'm not permitted to lower them."
Opticoat:
There are a couple opticoat packages listed on his site. Bronze = $300 + need to pay for a detailing. Silver = $795 for Opticoat Pro 5 year, comes with a detailing. Gold = $1195 for Opticoat Pro Plus 7 year, comes with a detailing and polish.
Information:
This owner has a massive amount of positive reviews and seems very credible, as well as professional with the communication I've had with him going back and forth. His Opticoat packages seems reasonable and include a full detailing before being applied. He wouldn't budge on pricing, even when asked about a combo package.

http://ljautospa.com/
Quote:
Clear Bra "$425 is the Bumper and Mirrors. $725 for bumper, mirrors and partial hood and fenders. $1500 for the full front end. $1775 for full front end, rocker panels and rear impact area. $5000 to wrap the entire vehicle. These prices include wrapping the edges when possible to hide the film. We also have our own plotter to cut the film and make changes to the patterns for the best install possible."

Ceramic Pro: "Our Silver Package with the 5 year warranty is $1000. That would include 1 layer of 9h and 1 layer of Light, Rain on the windows, 1 layer 9h on plastic and rubber trim and I remove the wheels to coat the inside and out not just the faces."

Information:
Owner states "When these services are combined we offer a 10% discount". Owner is also very knowledgeable and professional, he really took the time to write up a nice long email. It doesnt sound like the do a full detail to the car, like the Auto Detail Doctor, before they apply the film or Ceramic Pro. He does "prep" the car though. Can't really find many reviews on him, they're fairly new.

OP
OP
soldier989

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Went to LJ Auto Spa and had a good experience! The owners name is Jason, he was very informative and explained everything he did in detail. His facility is located in Powell and is very nice.

Sponsored