JDM_WAAAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1 HP 6MT EGM, 2016 Focus ST
1656003946596.png

Just ordered a set for myself, delivery should be next week.

1656003993342.png

I am not affiliated with Costco in any way, I'm just a Costco member.
Sponsored

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Wow did the price go up on these!

In 2020 I bought these tires for $650 for rears and $570 for the fronts.

OP
OP
JDM_WAAAT

JDM_WAAAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
Wow did the price go up on these!

In 2020 I bought these tires for $650 for rears and $570 for the fronts.
Damn that's cheap. I compared prices everywhere around me, Costco was about $300 cheaper all said and done, and delivers in 1 week. Everywhere else had the fronts backordered till late August.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Wow :shock:…They went up a lot.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
My set was $1554 last November. Yay inflation. Also, wait till Costo does the $150 off Michelin tires. That's the only time I would buy them unless you're in a pinch.

1656010318288.png

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
JDM_WAAAT

JDM_WAAAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
My set was $1554 last November. Yay inflation. Also, wait till Costo does the $150 off Michelin tires. That's the only time I would buy them unless you're in a pinch.

1656010318288.png
Shame I couldn't have waited to get mine, I had to order them now. Maybe I'll get a spare set with the coupon goes live agian.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you need tires, you need tires…keep in mind that BF Goodrich is now owned by Michelin. Maybe worth a look, also people are loving the Firestone Indy 500’s which punch way
above for what they cost. Lots of 6G people endorse them unsolicitedly.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
When you need tires, you need tires…keep in mind that BF Goodrich is now owned by Michelin. Maybe worth a look, also people are loving the Firestone Indy 500’s which punch way
above for what they cost. Lots of 6G people endorse them unsolicitedly.
Indy 500's are decent. Dealing with Firestone is not imo.

cheeser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1, 4Runners and RAV4's
The Continental ExtremeContact Sports performed well on my last Mustang…a bit cheaper as well.

Mach U

Threads
Reaction score
Scottsdale, AZ - Winter / Carlsbad CA - Summer
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Genesis - 2021 Mach 1(HP)

1656010318288.png
I paid about the same last year, but note I took the Costco ad to Discount Tire - they matched and I used them.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I paid about the same last year, but note I took the Costco ad to Discount Tire - they matched and I used them.
They won't match the tire warranty though. That's one of the biggest differences when I tried to do the same with them.

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
They won't match the tire warranty though. That's one of the biggest differences when I tried to do the same with them.
We wanted to chime in, however only with the intent to provide clarity and transparency between the types of road hazard protection offered in our industry.

The road hazard warranty that this competitor offers on their tires like many others is a prorated adjustment warranty. For example, if you got a set of tires from them and after 2 years one of them got a nail that could not be repaired. They would take a tread depth measurement and you would receive a prorated credit based on how much tread was remaining on the tires. So if the tire started at 10/32 and you now have 5/32 remaining, you would receive credit on only the remaining tread depth, not the full cost of a tire.

Our certificate program is a 100% replacement of the tire as long as it has more than 3/32 and is less than 3 years from the date of purchase. However we also include a prorated road hazard coverage with every tire purchase should the certificates not be of interest.

Here is the full details on our Certificate program:

Also, here are more details on the prorated coverage we offer, please see second check mark:

As I noted, my intent was only to provide clarity, I would recommend always checking the small print of the coverage that retailers are offering as some of them are only 1 year or for the first 2-3/32 of the tire.

Please feel free to shoot us a pm with any further questions

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We wanted to chime in, however only with the intent to provide clarity and transparency between the types of road hazard protection offered in our industry.

The road hazard warranty that this competitor offers on their tires like many others is a prorated adjustment warranty. For example, if you got a set of tires from them and after 2 years one of them got a nail that could not be repaired. They would take a tread depth measurement and you would receive a prorated credit based on how much tread was remaining on the tires. So if the tire started at 10/32 and you now have 5/32 remaining, you would receive credit on only the remaining tread depth, not the full cost of a tire.

Our certificate program is a 100% replacement of the tire as long as it has more than 3/32 and is less than 3 years from the date of purchase. However we also include a prorated road hazard coverage with every tire purchase should the certificates not be of interest.

Also, here are more details on the prorated coverage we offer, please see second check mark:

As I noted, my intent was only to provide clarity, I would recommend always checking the small print of the coverage that retailers are offering as some of them are only 1 year or for the first 2-3/32 of the tire.

As a retailer in another industry, kudos to you guys for separating yourselves in your industry by offering more value to your customers. :like:

OP
OP
JDM_WAAAT

JDM_WAAAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)

To be clear, Discount Tire was my first choice, but right now you're not even offering the Pilot Sport 4S. These are the only two tires that you offer in this size. I already have Sport Cup 2's on the car, and I do not want Falken Azenis tires.

1656085806386.png

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
That's a pretty crazy price, I still see them for $330 here (incl. 21% VAT), and I believe this dimension is Made in USA as well, weird. Probably the only thing we have cheaper here across the pond.
Sponsored