BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Michelin PSSs

New tires put on a week ago and cleaned her up today.

I'm loving these tires.

Recently installed Steeda Pro Action shocks and struts (nonadjustable) and Steeda's billet aluminum rear shock mounts.

These addons improved the ride and the Michelins improved it a bit more. Car's more stable, hugs the road, and the PP bounciness and harshness is much less.

Steeda's adjustable rear camber arms are being delivered Wednesday. The slight negative camber of the rear tires/wheels should be cured after they're installed. :cheers:
IMG_0737.JPG

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Thanks brotha! I usually go all out when I build my cars and the twin turbo s550 I'm going to be building will be no exception
Oh wow, I'd love to check it out sometime when I'm at a sac event. Or maybe when I plan our next big meet.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

I'm loving these tires.

Recently installed Steeda Pro Action shocks and struts (nonadjustable) and Steeda's billet aluminum rear shock mounts.

These addons improved the ride and the Michelins improved it a bit more. Car's more stable, hugs the road, and the PP bounciness and harshness is much less.

Steeda's adjustable rear camber arms are being delivered Wednesday. The slight negative camber of the rear tires/wheels should be cured after they're installed. :cheers:
Thanks for your input on the steeda dampeners and shock mounts. I'm looking to do the same.

What rear tire and rim width are you running? TIA

Sponsored

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase

I'm loving these tires.

you've got the Steeda mods i'm gonna add...need to save some more coin for the Super Sports.

How bout' a nice, shiny full side shot? :)

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)
So I have 19x10(F) and 19x11(R) Need4Speed 6GR wheels and once i got rid of the stock tires, which were really bad btw, I went to Michelin Pilot Super Sports. I had these for a little over a year. They performed awesomely. I've was even able to use these in a southern winter in Arkansas with these summer tires. I've had very minor issues with traction in 20 to 30 degree weather. In the wet, the tires have just performed on a stellar level. :love:

So I recently had to replace my tires. My fronts are 285/35R19s and found out that I could only get run flats in this size. :mad: After all the nightmare stories of wear and lack of performance i stayed clear and had to give Tire Rack an IM. Seems that Michelin is discontinuing the Pilot Super Sport line and going to a new benchmark, the Pilot Sport 4S. I was able to get a stellar deal on my new rears and they still had Pilot Super Sport, so I went from 305/35R19s to 325/30R19s, as the 305s had a slight stretch on the 19x11 wheel and i wanted a "meatier" look. I also wanted a larger contact patch as I broke traction a lot.

The Pilot Sport 4S are supposed to use an upgraded technology of the previous Pilot Super Sport compound. Thus far, they seem quieter but take a small amount time of warming up before hitting it hard. I tend to corner aggressively as I have many bimmers, wrxs, and so on try to stay with me or out corner me on the streets in "normal" driving. What I've noticed is that if cold, the Pilot Sport 4S will give a few millimeters of give and then grab HARD. After this they won't do this again and i could not get them to give again. If they have chance to warm up, say a few minutes of driving, they won't give. The new sidewall design is also a plus.

Just thought i'd chime in on this. Hope this didn't bore anyone to tears. :headbonk:

Here are some pics. Sorry the ride is dirty as it just finished raining.

tire_pics1.jpg
tire_pics2.jpg
tire_pics3.jpg
tire_pics4.jpg

No issues cracking when driving car in freezing weather, or do you just not drive when below 40 degrees?

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I'm probably going to be replacing a set of 19,5xx mile MPSS with some MP4S in a week or so, staying with the same size (285/35).

When going from an old worn tire to a new tire, expect the new tire to be a bit quieter (softer newer rubber vs old hard rubber) and to feel a bit squirmy by comparison (due to the taller new soft tread blocks)

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
I'm probably going to be replacing a set of 19,5xx mile MPSS with some MP4S in a week or so, staying with the same size (285/35).

When going from an old worn tire to a new tire, expect the new tire to be a bit quieter (softer newer rubber vs old hard rubber) and to feel a bit squirmy by comparison (due to the taller new soft tread blocks)
I think you will really like them. The 4th Gen tires are really nice and are suppose to wear significantly longer than the previous generations.

I have some forged wheels coming late March (19 x 9.5 and 19 x 10.5). My plan is to run the stock 255/40/19 MPS4S on the fronts, and I ordered some 295/35/19 MPS4S for the rear. They were VERY hard to come by. I got the last two in the Ohio warehouse. So not sure on what the availability of the 285/35 are.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Tire Rack seems to have plenty of 285/35 so I think I'll be ok.

I'm wearing out the inside edge / shoulder on the MPSS due to a bit extra street camber. The rest of the tread isn't even at the wear bars yet. I'm not holding out any hope that the MP4S will last any longer than the MPSS did in that regard. I'm actually pretty ok only getting 20k miles out of a sporty street tire.

Camber I run is too much for daily commuting, and not enough for track use. I really need camber plates, but the car is pretty well setup for Autox in FS class (I pulled off a 3rd place PAX finish out of 150 drivers at the last local event), and if I get camber plates that all changes and suddenly I need $10k-15k in additional mods to keep up. Suddenly replacing tires a little more often seems like the smart move.
Sponsored