• Total voters

dbtgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
I will be upgrading my rims to the Handling pack rims next month and the question is, which tires to go with?

I never track my car but I do spirited driving occasionally and I do care a lot about 0-60 acceleration time.

Haven't even tried that once yet as I am still in the break-in period so I don't know how the Pilot Sport 4S do with putting the power down.

Now I did hear that the Pilot Sport Cup 2s last for about 10,000 KMS vs 20,000 KMS for other Pilot Sport 4S (correct me if I'm wrong).

With that said, shall I bother with the Pilot Sport Cup 2's or just put the same Pilot Sport 4S that I currently have?

Mind you, I live in Dubai and the weather is 48C during summer and 16C in Winter
I don't know if it is important to you or not, but the Pilot Sport Cup 2s are worthless and scary slick in any wet conditions at all...no kidding!
PS4Ss are decent in wet conditions.
Sponsored

Siege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible PP1, 2003 Marauder Trilogy S/C #250, 1992 Mustang 5.0 Notch
How much rainfall do you get in Dubai? I would expect it is little to none so I would go with the Sport Cup 2.

OP
OP
superspartan

superspartan

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hidevolution.com
First Name
Spartan
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Z
How much rainfall do you get in Dubai? I would expect it is little to none so I would go with the Sport Cup 2.
only in the winter, it does rain quite heavily for about 2 months

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Hey OP, if you never track your car then I wouldnā€™t entertain a SC2. However if you do youā€™ll have the best time that you ever had in your car.

As far as wear goes, itā€™ll wear faster than you think too. I can only get 2-3 track days out of a set.

The Cup2 is a track tire, not a drag tire...some people get that confused.
So true. I would say that 90% of the auto world under the age of 30 donā€™t know the difference between Track and Stripā€¦Unfortunately.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

Sponsored

Gary Roe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
BMX 3
4S and Cup 2 belong to Michelinā€™s Pilot Sport line. They feature brilliant performance qualities in both dry and wet conditions. If I have to choose, I think 4S excels in pretty much all other aspects, especially on wet surfaces.

Last edited:

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
If you've got the money for a set of tires every 6-8K miles, then SC2. I don't have that kind of cash flow, so I vote Pilot Sports. I'm on Dunlops only because I got a screaming deal on them.
He lives in Dubai. That's where all the money is. šŸ’° šŸ˜

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
I have both. I like the cup2ā€™s better but I donā€™t daily and k my drive on a nice day. So not sure it helps much.
Sponsored