SgdriskillGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
Oh for sure, you definitely need to drop those starting pressures when you get to the track. < 36 psi hot is a good target, just to keep the shoulders from rolling over, but if you get bad wear at 35 hot, try a bit lower and see if the grip is still ok.

I havent run them on a road course except twice and one of those was in the wet, so I cant say what to expect from wear at different hot track pressures.
I’m going to try lower pressures at the track (I.e. < 35 PSI) and test it out. Will try to post back here with results. I have a track day next Sunday.

thanks for your thoughts!
Sponsored

Zefmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6
IDK, I ran a set of MPSS from new to dead at 32psi cold pressure, with only street use, and wear was even across the face. They actually wore out the inside edge due to camber/toe I assume.
I just got these tires and rims as well and they are at 42 psi hot. The stock 17s that came with my V6 were at 35-36 hot and have alot more wear on the inside. To get the best "even" wear with the stock alignment 32 psi cold is what you recommend?

Sorry OP, I don't mean to jack your thread or anything.

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
This is the tire pressure I use as a cold setting 30 psi fronts and 28 psi rear. I have found that the rear is better planted

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
Both, However not for autocross.
Sponsored