WOLFMAN

wolfman
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang fast back 5.0 V8
Anyone fitted the MGW Short Throw Shifters MT82 to there S550 GT. Are there any problems and there advert looks complicated for Shifter
Handle Throw Reduction:
Standard
3.000 in.
15%
Standard
Low Profile
2.835 in.
19%
X-SPEC
Standard
2.765 in.
21%
X-SPEC
Low Profile
2.625 in.
25%
Which one will support my supercharger power.
Any advice would be appreciated. Spoke to Guy at Nemesis about ordering one.:shrug::thumbsup:
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=21881]MustangMustHaves[/MENTION] you guys able to help as i know you did a group buy on these?

sheps5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 2015 GT
I have that shifter on mine. Went with the x spec with normal handle with the 21% reduction. It gives a rather tighter shift now compared to stock. You have to really put it into gear if that makes sense. More so across the gate down shifting than up I've found. But after a few days you get used to that and it's fine. The shifts are close together which is great when under acceleration as you obviously get your gear a fraction quicker. Only downside for me is the reverse function. It's a press down and top left shift for this and you do have to give it a fair old push down to get it in there. Not a major issue but for ÂŁ500 I was expecting slightly better on that score. No idea regarding a s/c but I know mac has it too so he's your man on that one.

OP
OP

WOLFMAN

wolfman
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang fast back 5.0 V8
Thanks for the replies I think its between the Barton Hybrid 3 and the Steeda as less issues I think on reading the blogs on the MGW.:thumbsup::cheers:

Sponsored

Cati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 get v8 ucl mag grey & e93 m3 cp
best shifter for throw reduction is to get your standard one and modify it old skool. don't get any of the stiffness issues..

all the aftermarket over engineered shifters have this problem. the old rousch one for the s197 was like stirring concrete.

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Got the Barton on mine on the medium stiffness setting...you'd need to be built like Arnie to make use of the stiffest setting.
Mine already takes a bit of a shove to get in in gear when cold. The stiffness you mean is accross the gate right? What's it like for day to day use and does it suffer from increased NVH?

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Stiffness is everywhere. Day2day is fine but you need to make real sure it's home before letting the clutch out.

No change in NVH whatsoever. Just a much, much shorter throw. Reverse collar pull-up requires fingers of steel too. :lol:
Sponsored