MGW Shifter with Ashiko Review

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
I would love to try it out. Not planning on coming to Florida anytime soon especially while the pandemic is still going on. My dad lives in The Villages and I visit him from time to time.
well, according to Patton Oswalt......the only reason to visit florida is to identify your dead daughters corpse.
Sponsored

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
Does that invitation extend to others :fingerscrossed:? I'll be in Jax for work around June time frame assuming the current COVID situation doesn't change too much.

Always wondered whether the $500 for an MGW was worth it....I know a lot of people swear by them.
No problem! Hit me up on PM when you get in town. We'll figure something out.

I would love to try it out. Not planning on coming to Florida anytime soon especially while the pandemic is still going on. My dad lives in The Villages and I visit him from time to time.
Anytime. You may fly through JAX if you ever visit him. I have been there once - picked up my elliptical trainer from a retiree that was tired of it collecting dust.

SL8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT-350 # K1989
@SL8888 With the GT350, If I remember right you are required to order the Shift Knob Adapter. Especially because the Big Bore is literally what it means. It's bored out pretty wide and so the Adapter allows it to become compatible with the car's shift adapter. In my install, you should technically see the OEM Silver piece underneath but my shift boot doesn't have the o-ring that keeps the boot upright, hopefully that makes sense, so the shift knob eventually tucks that part away. Aesthetically, at this point it's just preference and it doesn't bother me enough to replace my shift boot. Kind of grew on me. haha.

Second question, I got small thin hands. It is bigger than the stock knob so you will notice it when you press against it and your palm may feel it too but it will strength overtime as with anything.

Third, I measured this for you but I got 4 inches and 3 quarters tall.
OK thanks, your information helps me with my decision. The top of my stock knob on the stock shifter just over 4-3/4 inches off the silver trim ring around the shift boot. So the height with the MGW shifter and Ashiko knob is pretty close to the stock setup. I have ordered the MGW shifter already and it was a toss up between the Raceng "Ashiko" and the "Slammer" knob.

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2020 Ford Raptor
I loved my MGW in my last 3 Corvettes. Not sure I need it in my 350.
The Corvette stock shifters sucked ass.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual