MF Auto Designs Coyote Grille Badge

Scooter MGee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'20 MGT, '18 H-D Fat Bob 131ci, '17 Yaris
I've ordered an MF Auto Designs Coyote badge for the rear trunk panel. Thinking I want to match the front with a bolt on grille version.

Here's my question.....is it possible to bolt the badge on the grille without removing the friggin' bumper? Maybe take the core support cover off and snake through the active shutters? Anyone done this?
Sponsored

Wolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`18 Kona Blue Mustang Ecoboost PP, `10 Nissan GTR
It can be done though it is a tad bit annoying.

If you take the radiator cover off, it should give you "just" enough room to stick your fingers in and place the nuts on the screw mounts once you position the emblem where you want. I've done it this way twice (once for myself and another for a friend) and I've luckily done it without dropping hardware but have a magnet retrieval tool on hand just in case.

OP
OP
Scooter MGee

Scooter MGee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Sweet, thank you for the feedback.

BigR4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT 6MT
Um, Wolfe? What year is your car?

I can confirm that it's basically impossible to do on my 2018 GT.

Read/saw people's "advice" on forums and YouTube videos... at the end of the day it was impossible to get my hand in there.

I was in the process of using a nut driver with a powerful magnet and some creativity to attach a new pony to my aftermarket grill, when I found a place that makes custom airbrushed ponies; that attach via 3M adhesive... so I never got to attempt it.

But I promise you there was no getting my hand in there.

Edit* There are these sort of air diffusing fins that block the space. I tried disconnecting them to move them out of the way, but that didn't work either....

Last edited:

Geosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

Read/saw people's "advice" on forums and YouTube videos... at the end of the day it was impossible to get my hand in there.

I was in the process of using a nut driver with a powerful magnet and some creativity to attach a new pony to my aftermarket grill, when I found a place that makes custom airbrushed ponies; that attach via 3M adhesive... so I never got to attempt it.

Edit* There are these sort of air diffusing fins that block the space. I tried disconnecting them to move them out of the way, but that didn't work either....
performance pack cars done have the grill shutters. On a base model GT I think you’ll be pulling the bumper.

Sponsored

19s550gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 gt pp1
Yep pp car don’t have shutters, but on my daughters base model I had to pull the bumper because it did have the shutters!

BigR4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT 6MT
I shudder every time I think about those shutters... that was two frustrating hours I'll never get back.

Wolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`18 Kona Blue Mustang Ecoboost PP, `10 Nissan GTR

I have a 2018 performance pack. I know “of” the grill shutters but I’ve yet to actually come across a scenario where they were in my way (or not) in this case.

Didn’t realize they were a difference between the base and PP. I would’ve guessed it would’ve been a model year change. If true, that sucks and I apologize for spreading misinformation.

OP
OP
Scooter MGee

Scooter MGee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I'll have a Gorilla 2 part quick set epoxy syringe handy if I cannot access through the top.

BigR4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT 6MT
I find that 3M adhesive works great as long as I prep the surface properly. 3M makes a little adhesion promoter packet with a little sponge in it... Amazon sells them in 3 packs.

They're great for dynaperformace carbon fiber interior stuff as well... without it, those pieces will peel off in a hot summer.

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
(sighs) Another place to spend more money at ................. :facepalm::crackup:

OP
OP
Scooter MGee

Scooter MGee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
As much as I didn't want to have to remove the bumper cover I have ordered an Ikon Motorsports matte black Bullitt style grille for placing the MF Auto Design Coyote badge on.

I'll be removing all the parts associated with the shutters.

Last edited:

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
PP2, with the radiator you cannot get your hand in there. I was replacing the chrome mustang with the gloss black oem mustang, and marked where the studs were on the new one, and drilled out the old one. Popped right off. Used an extendable magnet to get the clips out that fell and then 3M taped the new one on.
Sponsored