Sponsored

metal on metal noise at certain rpm

smkythabear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Magnetic Metallic, PP
Hi Everyone,

I have a 2016 Mustang GT PP with 17k miles. Aftermarket parts are MGW shifter, Borla S-type exhaust, HRE FF04 wheels, JLT Catch-can, BG Synchroshift 2 transmission fluid.

I had the MGW installed with the BG Synchroshift 2 fluid at the same time. Everything about the car was great after the install until about a month later. I have noticed that with the windows down and driving next to a curb I hear a high pitched metal on metal noise at certain RPM through the rev range. It only comes on for a quick second and its gone. For instance I will slowly be accelerating in any gear and I will hear the noise come on at 2600rpm and then again at 3800. After that, I cant hear it because of the noise of the exhaust.

It is very hard to describe the noise but the best I can do is a high pitched metal squeal that happens very quickly and then its gone.

It does not seem to happen when the car is warming up. Only when it is at operating temperature. I had my mechanic make sure everything was tight underneath the car but the noise persists. I am stumped.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
Post a video with the sound of this noise you hear
Sponsored