Messed up rims by ICE Tire Polish

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance
I threw on Ice Tire wet polish on the tires the other day. Today as I was climbing into the car I noticed my rims, the paint is starting to peal along bead of the rims. I also saw an area where it looks like the tire polish had splashed on the rim before it was dried and that area too is damaged. I know the answer I'm going to get from the stealership, not our problem. This sucks!
Ill post pics tomorrow
Someone at work told me I might need to powder coat the rims. Those with experience in this area, would that be a more durable solution
Sponsored

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
ya that stuff is acidic it eats the clear

powdercoat is but you still have to be careful because something acidic can still damage the finish.

OP
OP
ETCH

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
yeah that stuff is going in the trash... im so pissed

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I know the answer I'm going to get from the stealership, not our problem. This sucks!
How would it be the dealership or Ford's fault you slung a new chemical on your wheels not knowing what it'd do without doing a test spot first? :shrug: If anything blame Turtle Wax who made the product who ate the finish and is a consumer product.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
How would it be the dealership or Ford's fault you slung a new chemical on your wheels not knowing what it'd do without doing a test spot first? :shrug: If anything blame Turtle Wax who made the product who ate the finish and is a consumer product.
I dont believe he meant it that way but more of the dealership cannot assist in finding a viable solution for him.

yeah that stuff is going in the trash... im so pissed
yes please do and dont be pissed it all good, consider it a cost effective learning less in wheel maintenance, trust me i've seen that happen to a guy with multi thousand dollar forged wheels.

Now that was painful to watch,

Sponsored

OP
OP
ETCH

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
I dont believe he meant it that way but more of the dealership cannot assist in finding a viable solution for him. ,
Correct!

yes please do and dont be pissed it all good, consider it a cost effective learning less in wheel maintenance, trust me i've seen that happen to a guy with multi thousand dollar forged wheels.

Now that was painful to watch,
so what is good for the tires. just hurts me to spend hours detailing the body and rims and the tires have that flat black appearance?

mvp90805

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race red mustang GT premium
cant go wrong with adams stuff a bit up in price but the best for your car

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
Check out Chemical Guys. I've never seen just a regular wash make the paint pop so much. Sonax is awesome stuff as well!

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I dont believe he meant it that way but more of the dealership cannot assist in finding a viable solution for him.
Ahhh ok.

Look in the Buy/Sell section here or Ebay there are all sorts of 2015 wheels for sale for pretty cheap. OP's look like performance pack wheels which are being sold in an abundance around here.
Sponsored