Sponsored

Member only, Track Attack attendee FL-2087 give away!

OP
OP
2020GT500

2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Scott is getting closer to winning a filter with a 1/4 mile time of 11.84

Better post that slip in the next 3 days if you got a quicker time!
Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I don't remember my exact time (12.xx or even 13) other than I was not impressed compared to my 10.81 in my own GT500 at Houston Raceway Park at 139.44 mph. These cars are awesome in a straight line as well as on the track. Like Jemo, my car would get out first then get eaten up about half way down track.

burnout.jpeg

Last edited:

Dcgtconv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryl
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500KR, 2009 GT500KR, '69Mach1 SCJ, '68 Conv
12.1 was my quickest time on April 22 track day, i did have a .008 reaction time which was cool. Overall just so glad my wife and I were able to go, what a great day! My wife said she had an awesome time too.

Sponsored

JUNQDAWG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
2018 MUSTANG GT 5.0 10 SPEED
12.1 was my quickest time on April 22 track day, i did have a .008 reaction time which was cool. Overall just so glad my wife and I were able to go, what a great day! My wife said she had an awesome time too.
Do I read THIS correctly ? 12.1 ET with a GT 500 in 1/4 mile ? Whats the deal ? Am I missing a "POST" somewhere ? Every GT500 Quarter mi time I ever saw was in the 10's . What was the "Scenario " with this event and "WHAT kind of car "ATE YOU UP " halfway down the track " ? Just curious as I was born in Houston {NOW LIVE IN DEEP EAST TEXAS} Where is this Houston track located ,if you don't mind giving me the info . Thank you ..Junqdawg

OF5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500 CFTP
Do I read THIS correctly ? 12.1 ET with a GT 500 in 1/4 mile ? Whats the deal ? Am I missing a "POST" somewhere ? Every GT500 Quarter mi time I ever saw was in the 10's . What was the "Scenario " with this event and "WHAT kind of car "ATE YOU UP " halfway down the track " ? Just curious as I was born in Houston {NOW LIVE IN DEEP EAST TEXAS} Where is this Houston track located ,if you don't mind giving me the info . Thank you ..Junqdawg
Here are the rules, per Ford Performance Racing School at Zmax Dragway:
no track prep
no burnouts allowed
Drag strip mode enabled
launch control enabled with traction control
Stock Pilot 4S tires, in whatever condition they arrive in, typically after driving the Roval for 3 sessions + instructor-driven fast lap

Other factors:
high heat and humidity in Concord, NC.
the DA is typically very bad
People launching at too high an RPM, which forces traction control to engage
The well-known transmission delay that needs to be accounted for at the tree

JUNQDAWG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
2018 MUSTANG GT 5.0 10 SPEED
Here are the rules, per Ford Performance Racing School at Zmax Dragway:
no track prep
no burnouts allowed
Drag strip mode enabled
launch control enabled with traction control
Stock Pilot 4S tires, in whatever condition they arrive in, typically after driving the Roval for 3 sessions + instructor-driven fast lap

Other factors:
high heat and humidity in Concord, NC.
the DA is typically very bad
People launching at too high an RPM, which forces traction control to engage
The well-known transmission delay that needs to be accounted for at the tree
Thanks for the reply.. Doesn't sound like a very "RACER FRIENDLY" track to me . What is the purpose of the ignorant rules I Wonder ? No Track Prep or Burnouts along with other silly stuff , I admit I am surprised you did as well as 12.1 ET . Glad for the inmfo . Don't think I will be visiting those FOLKS in my future . Good Racing ! junqdawg .

OF5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500 CFTP
Thanks for the reply.. Doesn't sound like a very "RACER FRIENDLY" track to me . What is the purpose of the ignorant rules I Wonder ? No Track Prep or Burnouts along with other silly stuff , I admit I am surprised you did as well as 12.1 ET . Glad for the inmfo . Don't think I will be visiting those FOLKS in my future . Good Racing ! junqdawg .
You have to understand that there are a lot of people that have never raced before. With the power of the GT500, you can get yourself into trouble very quickly if you don’t have experience. That’s what the Track Attack is meant to do: familiarize yourself with the car. It won’t make you a pro instantly, but you can try things out, especially when it isn’t your personal vehicle.

At the GT500 Track Attack, my best solo 1/4–mile time was an 11.84, but my best heads-up drag time there was an 11.74. Not bad considering all of the factors that I mentioned earlier.
Sponsored