Noob Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Prem PP w/50 AP.
Megan the Mustang

This seems like as good a place as any to journal my Mustang experience.

Dec 3, 2014: I go to Bickford Motors, in Snohomish, Washington to order a 2015 Mustang GT. Instead, I drive home in a 2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT PP with the 50th Anny Appearance Package. Sigh.... I had forgotten how much I love a Yellow Ford since my days owning a 1972 Ranchero 351C.

Too late now, it's done. It had 89 miles on it when I picked it up. At 300 miles, I ordered the FRPP Touring Exhaust by Borla. I also got a 35% tint, clear bra and Craig's Custom front license plate mount.

At 600 miles, I ordered the Forgestar 19x10 CF5's and Michelin Pilot AS/3's. They're good for cold weather and anything but compact snow. 285x40x19 on all four corners. Several road trips thru the mountains later, I am happy with my choice. Good wet and dry performance and also good for rapid wet/dry transitions during "spirited driving".

After a few months of waiting for Ford to deliver on their highly anticipated performance parts they listed during SEMA for Dec 31, 2014, I get tired of waiting and wandered onto the Steeda website, where things started getting done.

While I'm still waiting to decide on lowering springs and sway bars, I order the K brace, Subframe Alignment Kit, Subframe Bushing Support System and Subframe Support Braces.

Installed - FRPP Touring Exhaust by Borla
Installed - 35% tint
Installed - clear bra
Installed - Craig's Custom front license plate mount
Installed - Redline Triple Yellow Hood Struts
Installed - Forgestar 19x10 CF5's
Installed - 285/40R19 Michelin Pilot AS/3's
Installed - UPR Black Mustang 5.0 Emblems
Installed - Valentine One w/ mirror tap
Installed - Diode Dynamics 2015 Mustang bulbs
Installed - RPI Curb Alert
Installed - Steeda S550 Mustang Extreme G-Trac K-Member Brace

Sound tube delete
Bob's Auto Sports Ultimate Series Oil Separator
MGW Race Spec Shifter
Steeda S550 Rear Subframe Alignment Kit
Steeda S550 Rear Subframe Bushing Support System
Steeda S550 Rear Subframe Support Braces
Steeda S550 Mustang Billet Aluminum Vertical Links

These are mostly preparation and usability mods. I haven't gotten to the "meat and potatoes" suspension mods or performance enhancements

Springs & sway bars
CAI & tune
One piece drive shaft
Sponsored

Last edited:

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
What is a build thread without pics!!!!

Sweet start man! Gotta love the Steeda products!

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
We want to see the pics!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Lagometer

Noob Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Yesterday was Diode Dynamics Install Day.

There were some challenges, especially the vanity mirrors and turn signals.

The vanity mirror light bulbs are in recessed sockets and I destroyed one of the original bulbs, trying to get it out. I had to remove the mirror to get the glass that was stuck in the socket. Reinstalling was easy, but I had to be careful to get the cover to engage the spring that holds the cover open. I found that the screwdriver from an eyeglasses kit was thin enough to get under the cover without gouging the plastic.

After incorrectly installing the small marker bulb in the turn signal assembly, the light bulb fell out inside the clear cover. I had to remove both lights, use wire to push the small bulb in front of the big bulb's mounting hole, then use a metal rod covered with sticky clay to snag the small and pull it out thru the bigger hole. I had bent an electrode when I pushed the small bulb into the socket, but I was able to realign everything, straighten out the electrode on the bulb and get it installed correctly.

The plastic screw clips that hold the covers in place do not give up easily. They needed more than a gentle nudge with a small screwdriver to get them to back out of covers. A pair of bent nose needle nose pliers under the popups got the job done.

Everything is back together and working as intended, without any damaging marks, broken plastic or duct tape.

After all was said and done, the switchback turn signals are sweet addition to the Mustang's day and nighttime appearance.

The interior lights themselves (map, trunk, glovebox, vanity) are a huge improvement over the incandescent bulbs they replaced. Brighter and cool white glow, they just look good.

OP
OP

Lagometer

Noob Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Did the Curb Alert install. Drove the front up on ramps, then jacked up the right side further to make room for a jack stand.

Pulled the right front wheel and the wheel well splash guard.

After fishing the sensor wire from the front bumper, into the engine compartment, then down into the wheel well next to the battery, I pulled a 1/8" rod thru a slit in the rubber boot into the passenger compartment, with the sensor wire attached. The wire was secured, using numerous zip ties and mounts, to keep it away from any metal edges or surfaces. I used RTV to seal everything up at the boot.

After all that, the wheel went back on, the jack stand was removed and the car lowered onto the ramp.

I used an ATR micro fuse circuit doubler to harness the power to the control module and alarm inside the passenger compartment.

Real time from start to finish, about six hours, including think time.

Now it's time to take the Mustang out for a test drive, (like I need a reason).
Sponsored