Sponsored

Meet the 2021 Ford F-150: Big Screens and Hybrid Propulsion Join the Lineup

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
With logic like that why bother to get anything other than the base v6?
I like V8s. And I prefer naturally aspirated. If you like V6 engines, go ahead and buy one. They aren't my favorite. Frankly they are one of my least favorite engine configurations. Even the high performance versions generally sound like garbage to me. Like I said, I'd prefer a larger CI V8, but I'm glad Ford is at least still offering a NA V8.
Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
I like V8s. And I prefer naturally aspirated. If you like V6 engines, go ahead and buy one. They aren't my favorite. Frankly they are one of my least favorite engine configurations. Even the high performance versions generally sound like garbage to me. Like I said, I'd prefer a larger CI V8, but I'm glad Ford is at least still offering a NA V8.
My replies were just to state which option is superior.

I think most people prefer the v8. My current vehicle is a Ram with the HEMI 5.7, so I obviously prefer a v8. However if Ram had had a straight 6/v6 turbo option that went from the 390 HP of the v8 to 450 HP for a modest up charge ($2K or so) it would be a no brainer.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
My replies were just to state which option is superior.

I think most people prefer the v8. My current vehicle is a Ram with the HEMI 5.7, so I obviously prefer a v8. However if Ram had had a straight 6/v6 turbo option that went from the 390 HP of the v8 to 450 HP for a modest up charge ($2K or so) it would be a no brainer.
You just wanted to say that my preferences aren't that good and you know better. I think the TT V6 sucks. No way is it superior. It's crap.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
You just wanted to say that my preferences aren't that good and you know better. I think the TT V6 sucks. No way is it superior. It's crap.
Superior in every way other than sound. I don't think sound superiority wins the overall what is better discussion.

What does tend to win is HP/TQ/Towing/Fuel Economy/How much it responds to tunes.

Time will tell on the reliability front but according to what is happening thus far it is looking pretty good.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Superior in every way other than sound. I don't think sound superiority wins the overall what is better discussion.

What does tend to win is HP/TQ/Towing/Fuel Economy/How much it responds to tunes.

Time will tell on the reliability front but according to what is happening thus far it is looking pretty good.
I don't think in the real world it will win in fuel economy. I would much rather have your Dodge V8 over a TT 6. I've posted many videos on here showing what the Ford techs say they would buy. My assumption is they see a lot of problems with the 6.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Well, I've driven the 3.5TT, and they pull like a diesel, great grunt. Nothing to scream about for gas mileage though according to two co-workers that have them. One of the two had a turbo need replacement at 80K and needed timing chain guides also to the tune of $4K. Maybe the newer ones are better, but when I went shopping for my new RCSB last year it was 5.0 or nothing. The thing would absolutely smoke my Mustang between lights with the front axle and rear locker engaged. Even better burning corn, it's a blast on highway on ramps. Pulls down 22 on a road trip with the back packed full of a week's worth of camping gear and beer.

I'll bet the 3.5 hybrid setup will have some balls. Just not sure I'd want one long-term though. I keep my drivers well out of warranty, and the 5.0 will be cheaper to have, IMO.

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I like the new 2021 Ford F-150 trucks. They do everything that my old 2004 F-350 would do.

F350aa.jpg

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I like the new 2021 Ford F-150 trucks. They do everything that my old 2004 F-350 would do.

F350aa.jpg
Nice rig. I have a 1999 F250. I like the price tag and functionality of my 1999 F250. I like most things about the new F150 as well.
Sponsored