Mecum Houston GT500 Sold 95.7 Hammer Price

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
"Black 7 spoke wheels" Someone can't count.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
That's nuts.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Why? Why would you pay that much?

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Some people just can’t stop bidding.
Some people have no sense of reality.

ADMs..... you never get that money back. You pay that ADM, and you best be prepared to absorb that price.

Now with that said, I think its everyone's right to do so. Its their money and they can do what they want. Some people have such an excess of money that they can have whatever they want. With the 500 craze going on, many people who would buy other cars are now in the buying pool.

My point is that for this car, any ADM is a loosing proposition. You, in your lifetime, will never get back anything more than a token ADM.

I paid a token ADM. I dont plan on selling, so what I paid over sticker is certainly acceptable for what I will get out of the car.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
There are plenty of people in Houston with more money than sense.
Unfortunately, we're seeing that across the country right now. It sucks because it keeps people like me who can't bring myself to chase a depreciating asset with good money that can be used elsewhere from buying one. I only have the C8 because my dealer ended up wanting to charge me $10k over for my GT500 order when it arrived, and I was able to get the Vette for MSRP. Otherwise, I'd be driving a GT500 right now.

Sponsored

cowzrul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '20 F-Pace SVR, '19 F250
Some people have no sense of reality.

ADMs..... you never get that money back. You pay that ADM, and you best be prepared to absorb that price.

I paid a token ADM. I dont plan on selling, so what I paid over sticker is certainly acceptable for what I will get out of the car.
I have NEVER in my life paid ADM on a vehicle and I have purchased 39 new vehicles in the past 10 years alone. However, almost losing my life to COVID last month was an eye opener. I didn't even care about the ADM after I got out of the hospital/icu. I would venture "most" did pay an ADM.

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I have NEVER in my life paid ADM on a vehicle and I have purchased 39 new vehicles in the past 10 years alone. However, almost losing my life to COVID last month was an eye opener. I didn't even care about the ADM after I got out of the hospital/icu. I would venture "most" did pay an ADM.
How do you like that F-Pace SVR? Always been one of my fav looking SUV's besides the normal issues you have with Jag/Land Rover.

cowzrul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '20 F-Pace SVR, '19 F250
How do you like that F-Pace SVR? Always been one of my fav looking SUV's besides the normal issues you have with Jag/Land Rover.
Love it! I had the 2019 Range Rover with 557hp supercharged V8 prior to the SVR. The SVR is a beast!! So much better than the Rover IMHO. Wife was in the SVR and I was in my GT500 as we took off from a red light. I was thoroughly impressed with the SVR performance.

On a side note, all the issues we had with our 2017 F-Pace S and Rover haven't manifested themselves in the SVR. Both prior vehicles would get screen glitches, get stuck with screen in reverse, door and tailgate fitment, and various other "tech" issues. SVR has been free from it all.

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Part of NY w/ high taxes to support the other part
Vehicle(s)
0 mustangs owned currently
Supply / Demand.

ADM is just an offshoot of that.

People can get pissed - people can yell it's not fair - people can say it's spending money on nothing... but the market demand drives the ability for a dealer to sell a car at MSRP + a markup. It's simple economics.

No new car ever is an investment expected to appreciate. SO - you do what works for you - if you are someone who won't pay over sticker - cool - there's a line of people behind you who will for the right product.

I don't like it - my purchase agreement has it in it that I'll be paying it - I understand it - I'l like to NOT pay it - but I'm not gonna complain about it for a limted production, high demand vehicle.

Why people lose their minds over how someone else spends their money is beyond me.
Sponsored