Sponsored

Mecum Auction - Kissimmee

TENTEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 350 GT R
We spoke with Sam for about 10 minutes, but didn't get the chance to ask him about the fleet of GT350's he was amassing. Why wasn't he selling any of his GT350's, while the other 35 local Ford stores were asking and getting ridiculous ADM's. So we wondered, WTF he was up to? Maybe he was going to give one to each of his grandchildren. I'll ask him next time I see him. He's only 83. I've got two Uncles over 90 that still drive almost daily. So watch out for speeding geriatrics if you're passing through on your way to The TX2K in Houston.
I bought my HEP R from them back in the fall. There was a small ADM but not near the price all the other DFW dealers were looking for.
Sponsored

WaltA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT Convertible
MCA members now pay $100 for a bidder pass, no longer free. Saw it in the latest club issue.
Bummer. Though, I think that is 1/2 regular price. Good, but free was better.

Do you also get to skip the financial review? When I registered (for free) last year, I didn't have to give bank info, and get a letter of credit.

FlatRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N0404
Bummer. Though, I think that is 1/2 regular price. Good, but free was better.

Do you also get to skip the financial review? When I registered (for free) last year, I didn't have to give bank info, and get a letter of credit.
Good question, assuming that is the case because I have not heard different. It is half off the regular price but it was very nice getting those passes for free. I go to both BJ and Mecum and both have their good and so=so aspects.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Sam is one hell of a nice guy and one hell of a car guy. His family has 5 Ford dealerships in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, as well as a Chevy store and a Subaru store. I had the pleasure of meeting him 3 years ago when he opened up his collection to the general public for a few days. Most of his cars are stored in a climate controlled warehouse just south of his Carrollton dealership. When we met him that day at his warehouse "museum", my buddy and I were blown away at the quantity, quality, and diversity of his collection. It's not a Petersen's or a Jay Leno's garage, but it's damn near them.

We spoke with Sam for about 10 minutes, but didn't get the chance to ask him about the fleet of GT350's he was amassing. Why wasn't he selling any of his GT350's, while the other 35 local Ford stores were asking and getting ridiculous ADM's. So we wondered, WTF he was up to? Maybe he was going to give one to each of his grandchildren. I'll ask him next time I see him. He's only 83. I've got two Uncles over 90 that still drive almost daily. So watch out for speeding geriatrics if you're passing through on your way to The TX2K in Houston.
Thank you for confirming what I have been told numerous times before with respect to Mr. Pack and his passion for all things Ford as very much appreciated.

Over the years I have travelled many times to the Dallas/Forth Worth area and have typically stayed in the Grapevine area therefore when I had extra time I would visit Sam Pack's Five Star Ford and always enjoyed my time at his dealership.

When visiting his dealership I would often hear about his outstanding car collection which at the time was in the hundreds of cars and that his warehouse was not far from his dealership.

During one of my many conversations with certain individuals at his dealership I understood that he hired a personal assistant back in ~2005 with her coming directly from the Ford Motor Company after which time she takes care of much of his personal affairs which relate to his extensive car collection over the last ~15 years.

I have spoken to her on many occasions and she is just an outstanding person and very cordial which certainly reflects directly on how Mr. Pack conducts his business and his cool car collection.

As you so correctly mentioned the number of years on this earth has nothing to do with how you feel and conduct yourself therefore I wish Mr. Pack many more enthusiastic years down the road for all things Mustang/Ford.

:clap: :clap:

NDALLAS40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I bought my HEP R from them back in the fall. There was a small ADM but not near the price all the other DFW dealers were looking for.
Yeah Sam is one of the very few Ford dealers that gets it right. Plus they are a 40 year old co. and family owned. Even their service departments have a stellar reputation. Their employee turnover rate is way, way low. Your service writer will probably be Garrett Tidman who has worked there for many years and knows his shit. I wouldn't take my GT350 to any other dealer in the metroplex, should the need arise. My car just turned 5 yrs. old but has only been in the shop once- for a small recall item 4 years ago.

Sponsored

Speedfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
And I wonder why I don't post more often......

The cars at the auction had stickers on the from a dealer, and it did not say the one that you mentioned. I looked long and hard for for an "R" PRIOR to buying mine in 2017, and I haven't looked since.

And yes, two dealerships that I bought cars from before, called me and offered me their allocations for GT500's at MSRP. I guess that I was offered "golden tickets"

Thanks for your comments.

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350
I'd love to read more about the warranties, not sure how they kept them unless they never reported the initial sales.. I haven't worked for Ford yet in my career, but I have served over their competitors. No matter the make, the warranties start when the cars are reported sold. If they're not reporting them sold to the manufacturer but taking them off the property, I'd like to know what his floorplan bank has to say about that.. Interesting logistics if all true.

Regarding buying the vehicles, on a 70k MSRP he could pay something like 65k ++.. Not including any other manufacturer incentives they may have had on the shelf (coupons, vouchers, etc). If they hold them on the inventory long enough, I'm sure there's some dealer cash available to reduce the costs further, but not a %.. more like thousands.

OP
OP
72&18

72&18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
72 Mach 1, 72 F250 2wd, 18 GT350, 22 Bronco 2 Door
I'd love to read more about the warranties, not sure how they kept them unless they never reported the initial sales.. I haven't worked for Ford yet in my career, but I have served over their competitors. No matter the make, the warranties start when the cars are reported sold. If they're not reporting them sold to the manufacturer but taking them off the property, I'd like to know what his floorplan bank has to say about that.. Interesting logistics if all true.

Regarding buying the vehicles, on a 70k MSRP he could pay something like 65k ++.. Not including any other manufacturer incentives they may have had on the shelf (coupons, vouchers, etc). If they hold them on the inventory long enough, I'm sure there's some dealer cash available to reduce the costs further, but not a %.. more like thousands.
Thanks to PP001, I was able to google MSO (Manufacture's Statement of Origin). The cars were never titled, so warranties will start with these new owners.

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350
Thanks to PP001, I was able to google MSO (Manufacture's Statement of Origin). The cars were never titled, so warranties will start with these new owners.
Yes, MSO is used for titling. Warranties and titling are separate, cars can be sold outright and not titled if the buyer doesn't plan to use on legal roads (plate, etc). Rare, most dealerships won't do it.. but it's a thing.. Especially when you own the place.

The warranties are in the manufacturers domain, they start when the vehicle is reported sold.
Sponsored