Sponsored

Mecum Auction - Kissimmee

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Not sure where you got your information that these 18 cars were purchased from Ford dealerships by a private dealership and then held?

Each of these cars were allocated specifically to Sam Pack's Five Star Ford dealership with each allocation coming directly from the FP allocation team at Ford Performance in Dearborn after which time Sam Pack then proceeded to put into his private collection.

Obviously you did not take the time to look at the WS for each of these cars which clearly indicates who initially took delivery of these cars and were then kept on the MSO until yesterday.

If you have not been able to secure an R model at MSRP after 3 years of searching that is somewhat surprising as there have been a great deal of R's that have sold at MSRP to many of our members over the last few years with some of our members and many non members even purchasing under MSRP including the odd HEP R.

Lastly, if you have been approached by numerous dealerships offering to sell you a "Golden Ticket" and 2 seat CFTP GT500 at MSRP that is underheard of based on the demand and rarity for these Golden Ticket cars.

:sunglasses:
100%. I actually looked at the white 16 R while it was on the showroom floor for a short time when it arrived at Sam Packs Five Star Dealership and was immediately told it was NFS and going into his collection.

And to your other point, yes I was patient enough to secure a deal on an 18R for a hair under MSRP in late 18. Others have done ver ver well. Cough @lightrules cough cough...

CFTP GT500 locally are still $50k ADM. MSRP would be an anomaly.
Sponsored

Last edited:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
100%. I actually looked at the white 16 R while it was on the showroom floor for a short time when it arrived at Sam Packs Five Star Dealership and was immediately told it was NFS and going into his collection.

And to your other point, yes I was patient enough to secure a deal on an 18R for a hair under MSRP in late 18. Others have done ver ver well. Cough @lightrules cough cough...

CFTP GT500 locally are still $50k ADM. MSRP would be an anomaly.
This Ford dealership has been family owned for some ~40 years now and based on some of the very early allocation numbers such as the 2012 Boss 302 LS (LS004) along with an early chassis for the 2016 Mustang GT (0006) and of course the 2015 GT350R (F0016) it is obvious that his dealership carries a great deal of weight with Ford.

As you mentioned MSRP and under is possible for an R model such as yourself and in the case of @lightrules his purchase price was well below MSRP if I recall correctly?

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

PA_R_DUDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Performance Blue GT350R
Not sure what this private collector gain in terms of investment holding these cars for 4-5 years??? Better invest in the stock market.
Agreed, not exactly an apples to apples comparison but SPY (S&P 500 ETF) returned 120% since Jan 2016.

Odds are the collector is wealthy enough though to allocate some % of his overall portfolio to collector cars which more or less act like a really low yielding bond but are way more fun to own and look at :)

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Agreed, not exactly an apples to apples comparison but SPY (S&P 500 ETF) returned 120% since Jan 2016.

Odds are the collector is wealthy enough though to allocate some % of his overall portfolio to collector cars which more or less act like a really low yielding bond but are way more fun to own and look at :)
Well said with the key being that aside from the low yield return on these very cool cars how good is it to own and have a great deal of fun looking at your collection of outstanding HP Ford Mustangs and still understanding that your automotive investment is heading in the right direction!!

With Sam Pack being 83 years old I suggest that he is not so much concerned with his % of investment as he is with having a great deal of fun with his outstanding car collection!

:clap: :clap:

yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
That 1965 GT350 sold for $455,000.00.
I did the math... in 2077, my 2019 GT350 will be worth $7,406,000.00 !

How?
The sticker price for a 1965 GT350 was $4311.00.
My OEM sticker with tax was close to $70,000.00
It's a simple ratio of old vs. new:

455,000/4311 = X/70,000
X = 7,406,000

It took 56 years, so I'll buy a round for everyone when I'm 113 years old... drinks are on me my friends!!!!!
I’ll wait for that drink my friend! 😁🤣 🍻

Sponsored

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
Well said with the key being that aside from the low yield return on these very cool cars how good is it to own and have a great deal of fun looking at your collection of outstanding HP Ford Mustangs and still understanding that your automotive investment is heading in the right direction!!

With Sam Pack being 83 years old I suggest that he is not so much concerned with his % of investment as he is with having a great deal of fun with his outstanding car collection!

:clap: :clap:
IMO, this logic would apply to the collector who buy one of each car, having rare or car that one would like. However, in this case buying so many same cars indicates that it was an investment. He didn't hold all these cars long enough, which I think, he doesn't believe that these cars are going in value anytime soon. Being 83 years old he decided to sold all of them, hurting the overall resale price of each car as suppose to sell each car individually at the different action.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
IMO, this logic would apply to the collector who buy one of each car, having rare or car that one would like. However, in this case buying so many same cars indicates that it was an investment. He didn't hold all these cars long enough, which I think, he doesn't believe that these cars are going in value anytime soon. Being 83 years old he decided to sold all of them, hurting the overall resale price of each car as suppose to sell each car individually at the different action.
Who knows why rich people do what they do. The man is 83+ years old. Instead of sitting on them till he's 93, it's quite possible he decided to release them to those who would enjoy them...or resume collecting them.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Certainly don't disagree with your comments but keep in mind that these 18 cars were just a portion of his overall car collection.

Also, who knows what the owners motivation was to let these 18 cars go at this time but would suggest that after the smoke cleared Mr. Pack did just fine overall with his 4 most profitable cars being the 2003 Mach I, 2012 Boss 302 LS, 2015 Shelby GT350R and the 2020 GT500.

After some quick calculations which includes transport costs from Reliable Carriers and suggesting that his sellers fee was negotiated to ~5% I would not be surprised to see him realize an approximate profit of ~$100,000 for the above 4 cars.

I would also suggest that the most profitable vehicle sold was the 2015 Shelby GT350R of the 15 cars that sold.

:sunglasses:

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
And at 83 where money is likely not a primary motivator, he may be very hard to figure out. For all we know he wants to put 10 more cars in the space where these cars were. Or he's just not interested in having that many cars any more. Who knows.

I drove mine today. Sunny, 40* weather, but windy so cold feeling. But nice drive. Better than staring at them in the garage.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
And at 83 where money is likely not a primary motivator, he may be very hard to figure out. For all we know he wants to put 10 more cars in the space where these cars were. Or he's just not interested in having that many cars any more. Who knows.

I drove mine today. Sunny, 40* weather, but windy so cold feeling. But nice drive. Better than staring at them in the garage.
I don't know what would be more scarier. A 19 year old that just got his license on the road with a GT350 or a withering old man on the road in one at 83 lol.

I know I would probably die of a heart attack, because the car gives me an adrenaline rush whenever I go pedal to the metal lol

Last edited:

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I don't know what would be more scarier. A 19 year old that just got his license on the road with a GT350 or a withering old man on the road in one at 83 lol.

I know I would probably die of a heart attack, because the car gives me an adrenaline rush whenever I go pedal to the metal lol
Just so you know that withering 83 year old man continues to show up for work everyday at his very busy Carrollton, Texas Ford dealership.

:like::like:

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
83 years old and cars... reminds me of this:

"I want to die like John did, quietly in his sleep; not screaming with fear like his passengers."

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Bidding assistant? You mean the people running around who already have a job working for Dana Mecum?
Sponsored