Vehicle Showcase

RichGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
In about 20-30 minutes, Mecum will have 8 R's and 1 350 from years 15-19 roll across the block. The interesting part of this to me is they are being offered by the original dealership who acquired them. So a dealership sat on a 2015 for 5 years and are trying to sell at auction. I will be very interested in how these do. All have a reserve of some kind.

https://www.mecum.com/auctions/kissimmee-2021/live/
Some were decent deals, I just wonder if they are being sold as new? It was a Ford Dealer Selling his collection.. if not, I wonder if you can get an extended warranty..

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Year
Reserve
Hammer Price
Color
2016​
60​
62​
Yellow​
2016R​
67​
67​
Red​
2017R​
67,500​
67,500​
Black​
2015R​
90​
105​
Black​
2017R​
67,500​
70​
Black​
2016R​
67,500​
69​
White​
2017R​
67,500​
67,500​
Blue​
2018R​
67,500​
73​
Black​
2018R​
67,500​
70​
White​
2018R​
67,500​
74​
GrAy​
I love that the Lead Foot Gray sold for the most money, not counting the 2015 of course. (Announcer got the color wrong as far as I can tell.) Good love my one year only LFG color! 👍

Sponsored

Davesvt2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
I was only referring to the modern GT350's, if you were talking to me.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Some were decent deals, I just wonder if they are being sold as new? It was a Ford Dealer Selling his collection.. if not, I wonder if you can get an extended warranty..
Every one of these cars were sold on the MSO and came out of Sam Pack's private car collection that is in the Dallas area and had nothing to do with his dealership namely Sam Pack's Five Star Ford.

In addition to the Hammer Price each buyer had to paid either a 10% buyers premium if they were there in person or a 12% buyers premium if they purchased any of these cars via the telephone or internet.

Of the 18 cars consigned and of the 15 cars sold I would suggest that all of the new owners of these vehicles will receive full warranties from Ford for each of these vehicles based on them being the first titled owners.

I found it interesting that 2 of these R's (outside of the 2015 GT350R) sold for over $80,000 with the other 6 R's selling in the mid $70's range.

Also nice to see that the 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca held it's own and sold for $70,400 but suggest that it being chassis # LS 004 certainly may have helped it a little.

Sam Pack is an 83 year old automotive legend and obviously carries a great deal of weight within the ranks of Ford and in particular Dearborn.

A very big day for all sorts of Ford models at Kissimmee today and more to come tomorrow with a 1965 GT350 Drag Car being of special interest to me as this car was brought down to the Mecum Kissimmee auction from my old stopping grounds in Alberta, Canada!

Could be wrong but suggest that this car could break the $1 Million mark as 1 of only 9 GT350 Drag Cars built by Shelby American for the 1965 MY.

:clap::clap:

OP
OP
72&18

72&18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
72 Mach 1, 72 F250 2wd, 18 GT350, 22 Bronco 2 Door
Every one of these cars were sold on the MSO and came out of Sam Pack's private car collection that is in the Dallas area and had nothing to do with his dealership namely Sam Pack's Five Star Ford.

In addition to the Hammer Price each buyer had to paid either a 10% buyers premium if they were there in person or a 12% buyers premium if they purchased any of these cars via the telephone or internet.

Of the 18 cars consigned and of the 15 cars sold I would suggest that all of the new owners of these vehicles will receive full warranties from Ford for each of these vehicles based on them being the first titled owners.

I found it interesting that 2 of these R's (outside of the 2015 GT350R) sold for over $80,000 with the other 6 R's selling in the mid $70's range.

Also nice to see that the 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca held it's own and sold for $70,400 but suggest that it being chassis # LS 004 certainly may have helped it a little.

Sam Pack is an 83 year old automotive legend and obviously carries a great deal of weight within the ranks of Ford and in particular Dearborn.

A very big day for all sorts of Ford models at Kissimmee today and more to come tomorrow with a 1965 GT350 Drag Car being of special interest to me as this car was brought down to the Mecum Kissimmee auction from my old stopping grounds in Alberta, Canada!

Could be wrong but suggest that this car could break the $1 Million mark as 1 of only 9 GT350 Drag Cars built by Shelby American for the 1965 MY.

:clap::clap:
Thanks for the back story.

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
You must have skipped post #9 on page 1
I actually would have expected more for this car, given that the first Cobra went for twice this amount. This one was his personal 427 until he died. Of course this one is restored whereas the other was original.

When I went to the Shelby factory tour a few years ago they talked about how Carroll drove that 427 automatic from CA to Vegas, quickly. He liked the auto, plus his knees were getting old. Legend has it he once came upon a Ferrari and "blew him off" as he would say, topping 150 in the process. I believe it.

I have a FFR replica, and despite the modern suspension, every time I drive it I gain new respect for anyone who raced them in the 60s. Back when men were REALLY men! Wow

Sponsored

Speedfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I was at the auction last Friday. These cars were not held by a Ford dealership. They were all purchased from Ford dealerships by a private dealer and held. They kind of pissed me off, since in early 2017, I searched very hard for an R at MSRP or a very low admin since I am going to track the crap out of the car. Then there are people that just grabbed as many of these cars as possible to flip down the line leaving us track guys with less options. That dealer had at least 15 total mustangs at the auction, including the GT500. I thought that the GT500 was odd at the auction, since I have been approached by some dealerships offering me MSRP for at least three different allocations for GT500's. During these times and a little searching, one can just go to a Ford dealership and pick up one cheaper.

Just my 2 cents....

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
I was at the auction last Friday. These cars were not held by a Ford dealership. They were all purchased from Ford dealerships by a private dealer and held. They kind of pissed me off, since in early 2017, I searched very hard for an R at MSRP or a very low admin since I am going to track the crap out of the car. Then there are people that just grabbed as many of these cars as possible to flip down the line leaving us track guys with less options. That dealer had at least 15 total mustangs at the auction, including the GT500. I thought that the GT500 was odd at the auction, since I have been approached by some dealerships offering me MSRP for at least three different allocations for GT500's. During these times and a little searching, one can just go to a Ford dealership and pick up one cheaper.

Just my 2 cents....
Yeah that seems pretty scummy. Being buddy buddy with a dealership, getting the hot new car for MSRP and then immediately throwing it in storage and sell it years later.

I've heard of similar stuff like that happening with the FORD GTs, people get on the VIP list and then just sell it immediately after the no sell contract expires.

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
The Ford GT thing was a different scenario because Ford made buyers sign a contract not to resell the car and in fact sued a few people for breach of contract when they did. And of course it was Ford corporate who screened buyers. Ferrari does something similar with many cars. Buyers have to work their way up the buyer's ladder by buying "cheap" Ferraris first before they grant you the privilege of buying the higher end models.

I still get mad at a dealer's ability to charge above MSRP for any car. Period! Didn't Chrysler have an edict that dealers couldn't do that with the Demon? They wanted it to get into the hands of enthusiasts (more or less).

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

Just my 2 cents....
Not sure where you got your information that these 18 cars were purchased from Ford dealerships by a private dealership and then held?

Each of these cars were allocated specifically to Sam Pack's Five Star Ford dealership with each allocation coming directly from the FP allocation team at Ford Performance in Dearborn after which time Sam Pack then proceeded to put into his private collection.

Obviously you did not take the time to look at the WS for each of these cars which clearly indicates who initially took delivery of these cars and were then kept on the MSO until yesterday.

If you have not been able to secure an R model at MSRP after 3 years of searching that is somewhat surprising as there have been a great deal of R's that have sold at MSRP to many of our members over the last few years with some of our members and many non members even purchasing under MSRP including the odd HEP R.

Lastly, if you have been approached by numerous dealerships offering to sell you a "Golden Ticket" and 2 seat CFTP GT500 at MSRP that is underheard of based on the demand and rarity for these Golden Ticket cars.

:sunglasses:
Sponsored