Meastro AR1 and Kenwood XR6006

Smrbb6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ashton
Vehicle(s)
C300
Anyone have experience with this set? seems to be a very simply direct plug and play amp and DSP setup. I upgraded all my speakers already and the oem amp is useless.
Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Anyone have experience with this set? seems to be a very simply direct plug and play amp and DSP setup. I upgraded all my speakers already and the oem amp is useless.
What do you have for a stock stereo system? Some people have had issue with the Maestro system. If you have the B&O or 12-speaker system your other options are the PAC Amp Pro or you can use one of the Maestro AF02 or AF03 wire bundles and connect it to a better DSP like an Audio Control or JL Audio Fix 86.

OP
OP

Smrbb6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ashton
Vehicle(s)
C300
What do you have for a stock stereo system? Some people have had issue with the Maestro system. If you have the B&O or 12-speaker system your other options are the PAC Amp Pro or you can use one of the Maestro AF02 or AF03 wire bundles and connect it to a better DSP like an Audio Control or JL Audio Fix 86.
I have the 9 speaker system. I got the AF02 harness already and the kenwood is on sale for cheap so i figure I could save some work.

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
If you have the B&O system only the harness will not work as the signal is fixed line level in this case, so you got no volume control anymore. Volume control and any other controls i done via CAN-bus and A2B-bus in this case.
So in case of the B&O you need the Pac-Audio AmpPro or the Maestro AR/DSR1 or any other A2B-interface that's compatible with the Mustang to get a variable line output signal or you heavily modify your ACM configuration via ForScan.
If you got the pre-B&O 12 or 9-speaker system (aka Shaker) then your only option is a T-harness or the aFO3 harness (with or without the DSR1 or AR) as there is no other integration device available.

To the OP... the Kenwood amp you mentioned only has two inputs and the EQ is severely limited in the Kenwood DSP. I recommend to get another compatible AR amplifier like one from Audison (Forza 8.9bit) or ARC Audio which both have a much more capable DSP.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
If you have the B&O system only the harness will not work as the signal is fixed line level in this case, so you got no volume control anymore. Volume control and any other controls i done via CAN-bus and A2B-bus in this case.
So in case of the B&O you need the Pac-Audio AmpPro or the Maestro AR/DSR1 or any other A2B-interface that's compatible with the Mustang to get a variable line output signal or you heavily modify your ACM configuration via ForScan.
If you got the pre-B&O 12 or 9-speaker system (aka Shaker) then your only option is a T-harness or the aFO3 harness (with or without the DSR1 or AR) as there is no other integration device available.

To the OP... the Kenwood amp you mentioned only has two inputs and the EQ is severely limited in the Kenwood DSP. I recommend to get another compatible AR amplifier like one from Audison (Forza 8.9bit) or ARC Audio which both have a much more capable DSP.
The AF03 does not have the right connectors to work with the B&O amp, you need the AF02. I just found this out myself. And with the Twk 86 you can use the DRC-205 remote knob as a master volume. But as you said, a PAC Amp Pro would be the better option for the B&O system.

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I have the 9 speaker system. I got the AF02 harness already and the kenwood is on sale for cheap so i figure I could save some work.
If you have the 9-speaker system you need the AF03 according to iDatalink’s website. Check the plugs on your stock amp. If you have a tan/brown colored, and a gray plug that’s the AF03. If it has a blue one and gray one that’s the AF02.

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
The AF03 does not have the right connectors to work with the B&O amp, you need the AF02. I just found this out myself. And with the Twk 86 you can use the DRC-205 remote knob as a master volume. But as you said, a PAC Amp Pro would be the better option for the B&O system.
I know, that's why i specifically wrote " If you got the pre-B&O 12 or 9-speaker system (aka Shaker) then your only option is a T-harness or the aFO3 harness (with or without the DSR1 or AR) as there is no other integration device available. "
And that you need the AF02 harness for the DSR1 or Maestro AR with the B&O system is something i wrote in your other thread. :p
But no matter what, i totally agree that the Pac AmpPro is the best option for a B&O system as you can use Toslink digital output this way in your Mustang.

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
It is on sale for cheap as it's a cheap amp regarding it's DSP and people know this already.
Don't go cheap on the DSP amp. You will regret it afterwards.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I know, that's why i specifically wrote " If you got the pre-B&O 12 or 9-speaker system (aka Shaker) then your only option is a T-harness or the aFO3 harness (with or without the DSR1 or AR) as there is no other integration device available. "
And that you need the AF02 harness for the DSR1 or Maestro AR with the B&O system is something i wrote in your other thread. :p
But no matter what, i totally agree that the Pac AmpPro is the best option for a B&O system as you can use Toslink digital output this way in your Mustang.
Yeah I think we were both repeating each other lol. I appreciate your help in my build as well.

OP
OP

Smrbb6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ashton
Vehicle(s)
C300
Thanks for the response. I wasn't aware of the Amp pro device, i see it has a RCA out so that is do you know the part number? I already got the AFo3 harness and I do have a old Zapco dc650.6 but i just don't want to deal with its old software.

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Thanks for the response. I wasn't aware of the Amp pro device, i see it has a RCA out so that is do you know the part number? I already got the AFo3 harness and I do have a old Zapco dc650.6 but i just don't want to deal with its old software.
The Amp Pro only works with the 12-speaker system for 2019-2021 models that have this amp:
BDC42627-A64E-4563-9DDD-185210355A84.jpeg

Unfortunately they do not have a solution for the 9 speaker setup as it’s not a databus controlled system.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Have a look here if you have the AF03 harness. 9 or 12 speaker wiring with AF03 harness
You can follow the diagram I attached below. It's a complete active system with a DSP and 5 channel amp. It shows the AF03 wires and their colors. Some speakers are not shown because I didn't use the rear or the center channel, but those are identified with labels physically on the AF03 harness wires.

Also attached is a diagram for how to wire the signal cable for RCA jacks.

Attachments

OP
OP

Smrbb6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ashton
Vehicle(s)
C300
Have a look here if you have the AF03 harness. 9 or 12 speaker wiring with AF03 harness
You can follow the diagram I attached below. It's a complete active system with a DSP and 5 channel amp. It shows the AF03 wires and their colors. Some speakers are not shown because I didn't use the rear or the center channel, but those are identified with labels physically on the AF03 harness wires.

Also attached is a diagram for how to wire the signal cable for RCA jacks.
Thanks Stangtime, I've been reading your post thoroughly and bought the AFO3 based on your setup with the RJ45, and the conductor cables lol... I am just getting lazy here and see if there is an easier way. The zapco amp I was planning to use seems to be a nightmare to get it setup, so I was in the market for a new amp and DSP then came across the Kenwood and AR1 PNP setup.
Sponsored