Mcloed rst clutch hard vibration while reversing

Nate malchin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp2
Hey guys, I recently installed a McLeod RST twin disk clutch with the aluminum fly wheel in my 2018 mustang GT performance pack. The clutch has about 600 miles on it and was installed by a Ford dealership but something just doesn’t seem right about it. Every time I try to reverse the car it just vibrates harshly. I can’t even get it into my garage without feeling like the whole car is going to fall apart. I’ve tried to give it more gas, I’ve tried not engage the clutch as much and even with doing that the vibration definitely tames out a little bit but I can tell that I’m just roasting the clutch as I can smell it when I get out of the car. I don’t know if this is normal but it definitely does not seem like it. The only time when the vibration doesn’t happen is when the bite point just catches, and for a split second it’s smooth, and as the car starts to gain a little bit of speed no matter what I do the vibration occurs. If anybody knows anything or has had experience with the same thing, any help is appreciated.
Sponsored