MCcloud RXT or OEM clutch

WCKD350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sina
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 / tricky performance E85 tuned
Hey, My stock clutch has been having some serious issues lately. I have decided it’s time to get in there and do a replacement. Is getting a MCcloud RXT clutch with a light bolt on car a waste of money / overkill . Currently i’m only E85 tune, Cat deletes, Ford performance intake, Mickey thompson tires. My end goal is really only to get long tube headers and a Cobra Jet manifold. Would the OEM clutch be sufficient?
Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
are you drag racing the car,

for street driving, mcleod rst or vengeance stage 1

if you are doing clutch dumps or burnouts, then rxt or vengeance stage 2 is what you want

beef

OP
OP
WCKD350

WCKD350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sina
Vehicle(s)

if you are doing clutch dumps or burnouts, then rxt or vengeance stage 2 is what you want

beef
I am not doing any serious drag racing the 350 is mainly a roll race car for me. I called MCcloud this morning and apparently they don’t have an RST only an RXT for the GT350. But i think that vengeance stg 1 might be more fitting for my setup. My only question is would i be able to flat foot shift the vengeance clutch with a proper tune of course.
Thanks guys

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
The McLeod has an oem feel, but the engagement point is a little more to the top. Excellent on the street once you get use to the engagement point. I have one with 900 miles on it for sale in the member for sale transmission section.

Sponsored

Justgonna send it

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6spd
I am not doing any serious drag racing the 350 is mainly a roll race car for me. I called MCcloud this morning and apparently they don’t have an RST only an RXT for the GT350. But i think that vengeance stg 1 might be more fitting for my setup. My only question is would i be able to flat foot shift the vengeance clutch with a proper tune of course.
Thanks guys
I’m 800 miles in on the vengeance clutch. With steeda spring lets out around mid-top. Drive close to stock but grabs much Better. And that flywheel don’t get me started 🤩🤩🤩

OP
OP
WCKD350

WCKD350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sina
Vehicle(s)
I’m 800 miles in on the vengeance clutch. With steeda spring lets out around mid-top. Drive close to stock but grabs much Better. And that flywheel don’t get me started 🤩🤩🤩
I’ll be getting that stg 1 for sure beefcake got me hooked up 🙏

SCalla0490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
United States

beef
With the vengeance stg 1 clutch, will the clutch work okay for drag racing with drag radials (not dumping the clutch)? My previous coyote I had a mcleod RST (organic discs) and after a burnout, that clutch would not slip. Acted as an on/off switch. Bent an axle from not expecting it lol

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
With the vengeance stg 1 clutch, will the clutch work okay for drag racing with drag radials (not dumping the clutch)? My previous coyote I had a mcleod RST (organic discs) and after a burnout, that clutch would not slip. Acted as an on/off switch. Bent an axle from not expecting it lol
you need astage 2 or rxt for drag racing organic material does not hold up to burnouts or clutch dumps

Sponsored

SCalla0490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
United States
you need astage 2 or rxt for drag racing organic material does not hold up to burnouts or clutch dumps
The RXT I also had would do the same thing. Trying to slip the clutch at 5000rpm on drag radials, it would just engage. I then went to a spec 2+ (Kevlar/carbon ceramic) and that clutch was perfect. I could slip it at 5k rpm no problem.

MHW100

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Roush Stage 3
I just purchased a 2017 which has the rxt 1,200 in it. The previous owner had an issue with the oem and replaced it.

My concern is that not being stock the Ford ESP might be voided if the engine failed. Is that a possibility? I don’t really want to pay for an oem clutch and flywheel but better than a voided warranty $30k.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I highly doubt you have anything to worry about. I’d be surprised actually if a tech even actually looked twice at the clutch if your engine went south.

I just purchased a 2017 which has the rxt 1,200 in it. The previous owner had an issue with the oem and replaced it.

My concern is that not being stock the Ford ESP might be voided if the engine failed. Is that a possibility? I don’t really want to pay for an oem clutch and flywheel but better than a voided warranty $30k.

Turbolag87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My18 gt
My RST is a nice clutch, but it slipped on my first race on e85 on 10psi... should of bought and rxt. Selling my clutch if interested lol... it has 1400 km

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
My RST is a nice clutch, but it slipped on my first race on e85 on 10psi... should of bought and rxt. Selling my clutch if interested lol... it has 1400 km
The RXT definitely holds up to the heat better, especially if you go to the strip

Feel free to DM me and I’ll help you out on a replacement
Sponsored