Sponsored

MCA Show?

• Thread starter stangray11
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

stangray11

A little birdie told me Ford will have a very big presence at the Mustang Club of America show on June 7th this year.. this is their National show "Unbridled Spirit" which will be in Reno. Something/someone tells me this is a week to watch closely re the 2015 model... take it for what it's worth. There's going to be a huge parade of several thousand cars en route to the show. Not saying it will happen, but it's going to be a big week for the Mustang ... timing makes sense to me. I'll take any good guesstimates at this point.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Krishna

Interesting.. which little bird is this?

I'm doubtful. A reveal as big as this one at the MCA event? Not enough media/coverage for them to do it there. They want the world watching.

OP
OP

Mriley

June?? That's 3 months from now. Have they ever revealed a new stang at one of these events?

OP
OP

KZStang

Interesting theory here. A camo'd debut makes sense IF it happens. My problem with it is the 2010 model could get away with that little dressup, but parading around a (presumably) totaly redesigned car from head to toe. Unless they are willing to show off more than the car than I think this far in advance of the NYIAS where everyone expects it, it's going to be a tricky balance between showing people enough to get excited about and hiding enough to keep 'em guessing.

Sponsored

OP
OP

stangray11

If.......and I guess it's a big IF........this were to happen, I'd imagine a highly camo'd mule to appear.

Remember when the 2010 mule made it's first public appearance?

http://blogs.mustang50magazine.com/...stang-led-the-kohler-international-challenge/
Yes. It's funny you say that, the little bird actually made reference to the Kohler Int'l event which he was a part of in 2010... which was around the same time (July) as the MCA event this year. I think it's more likely to happen at the procession to the show or at the show itself since I hear they're prepping for over 4k cars to be riding. When he said the week of this event, I think (and this is pure speculation on my part) that Ford will issue a press release before it to drum up media and get a ton of eyes on the show. This is what they did before Road America and I would guess that's what happens, IF it happens.

OP
OP

Melino

For a second there with that nose in camo, I thought I was looking at the SS teaser then realized it already debuted :p

I'm cool with them parading a mule here, should get to see plenty of the car including if its indeed a full fastback. If theyre going to leading the cars without crashing they gotta at least show the windshield LOL

OP
OP

crazyfastfreddy

Yes. Funny you say that Twin Turbo, the little bird actually made reference to the Kohler Int'l event which he was a part of in 2010... which was around the same time (July) as the MCA event this year. I think it's more likely to happen at the procession to the show or at the show itself since I hear they're prepping for over 4k cars to be riding. When he said the week of this event, I think (and this is pure speculation on my part) that Ford will issue a press release before it to drum up media and get a ton of eyes on the show. This is what they did before Road America and I would guess that's what happens, IF it happens.
4 thou?? the traffic alone would bring media out there..... how many were at the event with the 2010 mule? one thing is fo sure right now,, they can show the 2015 one anywhere and it would steal the show. they have there pick of the litter. this MCA event would be a great treeat for the enthusiasts tho.

OP
OP

Ted

Sooo wish I could make this. Just way too far of a drive for a broke graduate student. :( Will kill myself if they show a camo prototype or concept s550 there.

OP
OP

stangray11

The Pony Trail starts at 1pm that Fri. We shall see.

Only one other event that makes sense to me.. the Stars Stripes & Stangs event in Biltmore on 4th of July. My focus will be on MCA tho. Ford will not let this design just slip out in a spy photo. It'll be shown at a planned event for maximum impact.
Sponsored