MBRP street exhaust Mustang GT

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Could you give more specifics on the issues with the clamps. Don't you reuse some of the factory clamps?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Pony15

Pony15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Could you give more specifics on the issues with the clamps. Don't you reuse some of the factory clamps?
The clamps that came with this catback does't work properly, I used some clamps from my magnaflow axleback.
You need them to hold de H pipe with the mofler pipes. They did not compress as they should.

OP
OP
Pony15

Pony15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Would strong worm clamps work?
I don't think so, you can get the clamps from summitracing.com they have good quality exhaust clamps. This problem could happend just to me. :shrug:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Pony15

Pony15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
OP
OP
Pony15

Pony15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015

Viperbluecobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base PP Recaros
just installed. Will do a video.

My first impressions mirror their own review. MBPR's video on youtube.

Great sound exterior wise. Nice tone and rumble.

Cabin sound barely increases. Which I like. Allows phone conversations without any issues. But you can then roll down the windows and hear it.

Great sounds, great price, easy install. Perfect for commuting type people in the mustangs. If you want raspy, crackling, loud exhaust, this is not that kit.

Only one hiccup, but it might just need me messing with it, but the tips are not coming out perfectly even for me. So I'll play with it some more and see if I can get it straight as I like.

Last edited:

101charley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charley
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Magnetic, 400A, 6AT, 3.55, MBRP Street
Great sounding exhaust for almost have the price of others! Now I know which one to order.
The low price may be related to the use of 16 gauge stainless steel T409. 409 is cheaper than 304. It has less chromium in the alloy. Chromium is what makes stainless steel resist rusting. I am not saying that MBRP will rust. I am just saying it is a cheaper grade of stainless steel.

Sponsored

101charley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charley
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Magnetic, 400A, 6AT, 3.55, MBRP Street
You should know that MBRP uses 409 stainless steel.

The following comes from the Stainless Works website description of stainless steel.

"Without getting into the specifics of metallurgical properties, 409 is what is typically used on OEM applications. It has fair corrosion resistance, is magnetic due to the high iron content, but is a less expensive material than 304 stainless steel. 409 is not an ideal material for a performance/restoration exhaust system because it will turn color (brownish/rust) from being exposed to the atmosphere without ever being run. For OEM’s who never care what the exhaust system looks like, it is a decent material that will last long enough to get past the warranty period. 304 stainless steel has much better corrosion resistance and a lower iron content and higher chromium content than 409. 304 will not turn color from sitting exposed to the atmosphere, and will only discolor slightly from getting extremely hot. The best thing about 304 is that you can maintain it with a scotch bright pad if you ever spill oil on it or have it discolor. Stainless Works only uses Everlast 304 stainless steel, which is a premium mil spec grade of stainless steel that is slightly more expensive than standard stainless steel, but is processed much more closely and is more consistent.

Viperbluecobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For those who own mbrp exhausts how raspy is it in person.
the street kit I have, is not that raspy. More hollow and deep sound.

Viperbluecobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you Viperbluecobra, everyday I waffle over the street and bassanis X-Muffler. Ahhh choices!
I had Bassanis on my 2012, and this is a close sound to those. I would think the bassani has a bit more higher pitch to them.
Sponsored