2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I got a MBRP Street Cat Back and it's a great all around system. It opens up the Coyote with a great sound, no drone, looks great and was a breeze to install.
However it can be raspy as F#@l<... Sometimes when I rev it up it has a belligerent quality to it.

[ame]

Has anyone swapped out the H-pipe on their MBRP system with an X-pipe??? If so, what were your thoughts? Got any vid/sound clips?

@Daltron has tested both H and X pipes, (http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1397389&postcount=1) which is pretty useful but I am looking for some very specific feedback.
Sponsored

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Yes I did it yesterday, though I have the race version and not the street...vids coming later this week.

My first impression of this set-up is the drone was drastically reduced to the point that it's almost non-existence. Honestly I don't know what it would do for your set-up as the Street is raspy and the X has more of a rasp than the H's muscle car sound. I also installed catless headers w/the XL lead pipes and two race bullets after the X.

Power comes on like gang busters later in the RPM band but that has more to do w/the headers than just the X itself I would think. Overall I'm happy...

sloppymax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Adding a X pipe is likely to increase the rasp. I would either replace the louvered mufflers or add in some small perforated resonators.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Been wondering how this sounds. Rasp is ok as long as it's not tinny rasp.

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I like the H pipe sound on everything. they coyote is raspy in nature. Any X pipe is going to increase the rasp. Big reason I went with MBRP from the get go.
Sponsored