Sponsored

MBRP Race/Street Exhaust

YellowMelo28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Ruby Red
Anyone happen hear both and know how much louder the MBRP race edition is compared to the street edition? Also if the drone is as bad as some say on the race? Currently leaning towards the race because of the deeper sound, but don't want something too loud. :shrug:
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
The race edition has less rasp,,, sounds better then the street. Streets are insanely raspy..

cwrx82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I had the race and I have the PP with 3.73 gears, it droned from about 1700-2000 rpm. Outside of that range it sounded great and had a nice deep tone.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Race is def loud. But we love it. Hit us up for our mbrp coupon code

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
race drones bad and is louder per all reviews. street is raspy, but i like it and its what i have. click build link in sig for videos.

Sponsored

sstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 J1955
Race is the way to go in my book. Nice, deep tone and loud as all hell from the outside, even with no LTH. Drone from about 1800-2100, but I have the 3.73s and rarely am in that area.

OP
OP

YellowMelo28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Ruby Red
Is the race loud enough to wake the whole neighbourhood at cold start? Thats what i want to avoid :headbonk: Also I tend to do quite a bit of highway driving, will playing music cancel out most of the drone?

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Is the race loud enough to wake the whole neighbourhood at cold start? Thats what i want to avoid :headbonk: Also I tend to do quite a bit of highway driving, will playing music cancel out most of the drone?
Not the whole neighborhood but your neighbors...yes

sstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 J1955
My girlfriend wouldn't let me park behind her apartment on days that I had to get up before her, so yes, they're loud. Not wake-the-neighborhood, but they're certainly noticeable.

Playing music cancels out the drone, but moreso than that, you'll probably rarely find yourself cruising in the drone zone unless you routinely cruise around 1800-2100 rpm in sixth and/or do 56-61 on the highway ;)

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
The street is also pretty loud at startup when the engine idles higher, certainly I presume less than the race but it's still pretty loud at startup. I sometimes keep my garage door closed when I hit it @ 6AM.

Sponsored
OP
OP

YellowMelo28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Ruby Red
The street is also pretty loud at startup when the engine idles higher, certainly I presume less than the race but it's still pretty loud at startup. I sometimes keep my garage door closed when I hit it @ 6AM.
On a scale of Prius to garbage truck (1-10), how loud would you say the street is? If the race isnt too much louder than street, i might just go with the race for that deeper tone.

mynameissean123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I have the race. It's more deep then loud. Drone is bad from 1800-2000, just go faster! Pretty loud when you live in a development and it's a cold start. Tell your neighbors to live with it. When you're hauling ass it'a loud from inside, but not as loud as you would think from the outside.

Never heard the street-but the race sounds nice!

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I have the Street and Kook's headers. When I first start it up in the morning, it's pretty d*mn loud!!!" Driving it sounds pretty good. I don't have many houses around me, but I still keep the garage door closed for a little out of respect for my neighbors. The two houses across the street have a Vette in each garage, so they're car guys, too. The guy and his son next to me smoke so much weed that they're too laid back to say anything, and I get along with them pretty well anyway

OP
OP

YellowMelo28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Ruby Red
Also which option do you guys suggest getting? Stainless steel, aluminum, or the black coating?

sstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 J1955
Also which option do you guys suggest getting? Stainless steel, aluminum, or the black coating?
I have the aluminized steel, which isn't a problem for me at all. Looks great, and the pipes still look good after 16k miles when I put the car up on a lift.

Just a note, though. I live in Socal, so rain/sleet/snow isn't a problem. If you're somewhere where that might be an issue, stainless may be the way to go for you.
Sponsored