Sponsored

May pick up a 2019 GT350 Tomorrow

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
Went to my local Ford dealer a few weeks back and was able to drive a beautiful well optioned 2019 GT350. I had driven a 2017 model a year or two back and while that felt really good this 19 just seems that much better in every way.

I haven't been able to get this 2019 off my mind, so decided to pick up the telephone and talk to the Manager. He is offering 3k off MSRP and a few other add-ons. Also giving me a really fair offer on my Boss 302 trade.

Deal is done should I decide to pick the car up tomorrow. The problem I have is I really love my Boss, and I am a bit worried I will regret giving it up.

Also any issues with the 2019 models?
Sponsored

Reactions: TDC

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Went to my local Ford dealer a few weeks back and was able to drive a beautiful well optioned 2019 GT350. I had driven a 2017 model a year or two back and while that felt really good this 19 just seems that much better in every way.

I haven't been able to get this 2019 off my mind, so decided to pick up the telephone and talk to the Manager. He is offering 3k off MSRP and a few other add-ons. Also giving me a really fair offer on my Boss 302 trade.

Deal is done should I decide to pick the car up tomorrow. The problem I have is I really love my Boss, and I am a bit worried I will regret giving it up.

I traded my 12 Boss for a 14 GT500. I to this day regret doing that. Mainly because I chased the horsepower number and didn't really think I would miss the other attributes the Boss brought to the table. The 500 was a beast but totally different drive. However, The GT350 will be a huge upgrade to the Boss in the ways that matter to road handling and power.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Some people who have owned Boss 302s have said they think the Boss is more fun than the GT350 on the street. One person on here said he never liked the Boss, but that was an exception. I think the Roadrunner engine might have more torque at lower RPMs than the Voodoo does. Or maybe it's how they are geared rather than engine output.

I haven't owned a Boss, but I owned a 2011 Brembo brake GT. That had stiffer springs and sways than the standard GTs at the time. When I went to the IRS Mustangs I was shocked at how much better they were. Much more compliant ride and better grip on rough pavement. If you drive on very smooth roads, this might not be a thing for you. For me living in MN, it was huge. For me the GT350 has nearly perfect compromise of body control and handling for both street and track without an overly harsh ride. The older stick axle cars always seemed to have the issue where the rear end would jump around on bumps. The IRS just continues to grip.

Then there is the interior. I'm not much into interior, but the GT350 is an enormous step up from the Boss in this respect.

If you're anything like me, you will by far prefer the GT350 over the Boss.

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
Solution: Sell a kidney and keep your Boss 302!!

I have a 2013 Boss LS and am contemplating buying a GT350R but the Boss is staying even if I have to start selling drugs or pimping myself out because it is such a special car.

If you get the 350, please keep updating on how you like it compared to your old Boss!

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
i was looking at a boss but decided I wanted something with modern tech to daily. i wanted a 19 but was a tad out of my price range.

Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350

did it have recaros? i noticed all my local 2019s have the sport seats.

OP
OP
newmoon

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
did it have recaros? i noticed all my local 2019s have the sport seats.
No Recaros, not sure that I would want them. While they were great for short trips in my Boss, anything over 2-hours I really needed to get out and walk around. Not sure how the Recaros are in the 350. Just took the Boss for a quick blast around the neighborhood she is a great car. In a perfect world I would keep them both.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
No Recaros, not sure that I would want them. While they were great for short trips in my Boss, anything over 2-hours I really needed to get out and walk around. Not sure how the Recaros are in the 350. Just took the Boss for a quick blast around the neighborhood she is a great car. In a perfect world I would keep them both.
i was curious why the 2019s recaros almost seem rare. i guess more people rather have the sport seats. Personally i want the recaro 100% i daily mine and have no issues.

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
i was curious why the 2019s recaros almost seem rare. i guess more people rather have the sport seats. Personally i want the recaro 100% i daily mine and have no issues.
i was toying with the thought of upgrading my 17 to a 19, and could hardly find any Recaro equipped 19s. Made me give up on the idea.

Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Pics!

tasman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
boss mustang
I love my Boss. Totally illogical but I do. Compared to GT350 ride is crappy, transmission crappy, interior is cheap. Love the engine sound on both. Had a 16 GT350. Better car in almost every way. Still have the boss and GT350 is gone. Thinking about getting an R. Boss is old school analogue and I really get a kick out of driving it. Go figure. Nothing wrong with GT350. It is a fantastic car but it is different. They make nice compliments to each other

Have a 18 manual GT3 and a 2011 GT3RS too. If I had to pick the 18 would go. In many/most ways 18 GT3 is better car. You gotta pick what works for you. New is "better" but not always more fun to drive. YMMV. Good luck with your decision

OP
OP
newmoon

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I love my Boss. Totally illogical but I do. Compared to GT350 ride is crappy, transmission crappy, interior is cheap. Love the engine sound on both. Had a 16 GT350. Better car in almost every way. Still have the boss and GT350 is gone. Thinking about getting an R. Boss is old school analogue and I really get a kick out of driving it. Go figure. Nothing wrong with GT350. It is a fantastic car but it is different. They make nice compliments to each other

Have a 18 manual GT3 and a 2011 GT3RS too. If I had to pick the 18 would go. In many/most ways 18 GT3 is better car. You gotta pick what works for you. New is "better" but not always more fun to drive. YMMV. Good luck with your decision
Only have about 200 miles on the 350 but here are my thoughts. I loved my Boss so much so this is the 1st car that convinced me to sell, in the past 2 years I've driven the ZL1, 17 GT350, 18 SS 1LE. None seemed fun enough on the street, I'm sure they were all track performers they just did have the excitement of the Boss at just normal aggressive driving.

After driving the 19 GT350 you could feel the updates over the prior 17 model I had previously driven. Loved the car and two weeks later I own her.

The Boss is an awesome car far more aggressive in the low RPMS compared to the Shelby, it just sounds nasty at all RPMs especially with the red key it just is exiting to drive, never boring.

The 350 seems tame under 3500 RPMs compared to the Boss after that the GT350 is magical a complete package addicting performance. The 350 is planted and inspires complete confidence the Cup 2s, are incredible.

My only wish is that Ford had a Red Key option for the 350 :)
Sponsored