Sponsored

May I introduce you to JR357, the second to last base R

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Hey Cory,

How have you been? I hope you are still enjoying that beautiful LG. I'm probably not going to make it only because I just ordered a set of SV902 wheels and they will take 5 weeks to get. I have to set up Xpel, and to pay for that, so...… I am probably going to have to pick up an extra trip. I guess what that means is I am probably not going to be doing any R driving anytime soon. Call me fussy, but it would kill me to get a bunch of rock chips in a very rare base R.

I remember my first 350. I couldn't stay away from it. However just like driving it, not driving it is an exercise in self control. I don't know what those people in the great white north do for many months on end without driving these beauties.

Don't be a stranger. I hope all is going well.
People up north like me put snow tires on and keep driving it everyday. I have 40,500 miles on mine, no issues driving it in snow or salt. In fact, when it snows, I go out just to have fun and prove to people who believe SUVs are a must have are wrong:)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Tomster what color did you go with? Those 902's are a really good looking wheel.
Rex, I am going to get gloss black. Whether I get the titanium lugs or not depends on pricing. If they are really expensive, then I'll have to pass.

Im between black lugs or chrome. Im going to finalize my decision today.

1Bad_ShelbyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350R
Rex, I am going to get gloss black. Whether I get the titanium lugs or not depends on pricing. If they are really expensive, then I'll have to pass.

Im between black lugs or chrome. Im going to finalize my decision today.

Hey Tom......... you got me wondering about those mags, do you have a link for them ?

Which ones exactly are you thinking of getting for your new JR357 .......... Cheers

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Hey Tom......... you got me wondering about those mags, do you have a link for them ?

Which ones exactly are you thinking of getting for your new JR357 .......... Cheers
I'm going with Signature SV902 in gloss black (post #342) . I just decided to get the titanium lug nuts from @50 Deep as well. The wheel is a fully forged CNC machined wheel that has the most caliper clearance available. These wheels are of similar quality to forgestar, but at a fraction of the price. They are guaranteed for track use, but honestly, I would use the CF wheel on the track to fully realize the potential of the weight savings that CF offers. However, the SV902s come in very close to the CF weight.

As many of you know, caliper clearance is a problem with aftermarket wheels. Many manufacturers have stepped up thier game since, but as far as I know, nobody has caliper clearance like the signature wheels do.

I'll be reporting back about my experience with the order, shipping, quality of the products as they arrive, along with overall customer service later in the thread when they are delivered. Of course, I will do a full writeup with photos once they are mounted.

The whole reason for going this route is as follows......

Ford won't sell a wheel warranty for the CF wheels for JR357, there is no choice other than to get a set of street wheels or to take my chances and deal with repairs down the road. Speaking of which, one of the CF front wheels on HR361 had a small score in the ceramic coating of the wheel barrel due to caliper clearance. The damage didnt make it into the carbon fiber.... thank god. So no matter how careful you are, it is a matter of when, not if this will happen.

The CF wheels can be repaired, but logistics and expense are an issue. How do you ship a $4200 wheel across the country without incurring further damage? I bought a pelican 1640 case on eBay for $180 shipped (buy it now).... and that's cheap, have a look at the list price and comparable street price. Anyone who has CF wheels ought to grab one of these surplus cases off ebay while you can in case you have to send it off for repair. I would never throw a $4200 CF wheel into a cardboard box and say a hail Mary and hope for the best.

43A2C446-CB1E-48BC-862B-BA0EC24034AC.jpeg

Below is a photo of the SV902 in matte black with black lugs. I'm going with gloss black wheels (above photo) with titanium lugs
C260D0B4-3786-487A-BD0E-852C75C97E65.jpeg

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Look what came in the mail today...... a third key fob complete with a Shelby emblem on it for JR357. I just got done reprogramming it tonight.

You all know how particular I am with keeping things original to the car. HR361's key fobs are still in the original sealed plastic wrapper.

One of the worst beat up things with use is a key fob. With this, I can still have the cool Shelby logo and preserve the originals for my nephew or whoever winds up with this car when I croak.

20190218_222418.jpg

20190218_222405.jpg
Can I volunteer to be your nephew?!?!?!

JR

Sponsored

1Bad_ShelbyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350R
Really good points you bring up there Tom ........... appreciate your input and I can’t wait to see

those “Gloss Black” beauties on your new ShelbyR.........

Nice Choice........ Cheers !!!

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
Gorgeous car.

But if I am reading this thread correctly, you are planning to swap out the engine and transmission of this brand new car, with a used powertrain to eliminate the possibility of blowing the original numbers matching engine?

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Gorgeous car.

But if I am reading this thread correctly, you are planning to swap out the engine and transmission of this brand new car, with a used powertrain to eliminate the possibility of blowing the original numbers matching engine?
Nothing is set in stone, however I am considering it. I have the spare transmission. However I'm still on the hunt for a spare voodoo, so.......

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I'm going with Signature SV902 in gloss black (post #342) . I just decided to get the titanium lug nuts from @50 Deep as well. The wheel is a fully forged CNC machined wheel that has the most caliper clearance available. These wheels are of similar quality to forgestar, but at a fraction of the price. They are guaranteed for track use, but honestly, I would use the CF wheel on the track to fully realize the potential of the weight savings that CF offers. However, the SV902s come in very close to the CF weight.

As many of you know, caliper clearance is a problem with aftermarket wheels. Many manufacturers have stepped up thier game since, but as far as I know, nobody has caliper clearance like the signature wheels do.

I'll be reporting back about my experience with the order, shipping, quality of the products as they arrive, along with overall customer service later in the thread when they are delivered. Of course, I will do a full writeup with photos once they are mounted.

The whole reason for going this route is as follows......

Ford won't sell a wheel warranty for the CF wheels for JR357, there is no choice other than to get a set of street wheels or to take my chances and deal with repairs down the road. Speaking of which, one of the CF front wheels on HR361 had a small score in the ceramic coating of the wheel barrel due to caliper clearance. The damage didnt make it into the carbon fiber.... thank god. So no matter how careful you are, it is a matter of when, not if this will happen.

The CF wheels can be repaired, but logistics and expense are an issue. How do you ship a $4200 wheel across the country without incurring further damage? I bought a pelican 1640 case on eBay for $180 shipped (buy it now).... and that's cheap, have a look at the list price and comparable street price. Anyone who has CF wheels ought to grab one of these surplus cases off ebay while you can in case you have to send it off for repair. I would never throw a $4200 CF wheel into a cardboard box and say a hail Mary and hope for the best.

43A2C446-CB1E-48BC-862B-BA0EC24034AC.jpeg

Below is a photo of the SV902 in matte black with black lugs. I'm going with gloss black wheels (above photo) with titanium lugs
C260D0B4-3786-487A-BD0E-852C75C97E65.jpeg
Believe me when I saw you will be more than pleased with the final outcome. Cant wait to see your reaction and get a solid review of the setup.
Sponsored