Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
So the dust begins to settle. Transportation has been arranged. I have a few things that need to be taken care of right away.

1. Buy the extended warranty or not. I've come to learn that there are several policies, all inclusive and a wrap. I'm leaning towards the wrap (which covers everything except the powertrain for 10yr/100K. Mostly, people buy the warranty in case they have problems with the engine. Ford's fix for an engine problem is replace with a long block. That is not an option for a numbers matching 1 of 135 car. So what's the point? I have a new transmission in the garage with plans on buying another Voodoo. I think it would make sense to swap the motor and transmission and drive/track without jeopardizing a numbers matching combo. As for a wheel warranty, I've come to find out that (at least for JR357's VIN), they will not offer a wheel warranty like I got for HR871 (gee, I wonder why).

2. Make room in the garage for the arrival. I'm going to have to head over to the other house and clean the garage out to get my wife's '97 cobra in there so JR357 can have a spot next to her sisters.

3. List HR361 for sale. I guess I'll start here on the forum. I'd like her to go to a good home. She has been good to me and is a great R.

4. Go buy a lottery ticket so that I don't have to do #3 above.

20190130_152005.jpg
Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
5. Professional photo shoot of all the cars together before selling HR361.

FAST FRED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 ROUSH,2019 GT350R,2021 GT500
Congrats Tom and thanks for posting pictures.

Fred

2011gt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt350
So the dust begins to settle. Transportation has been arranged. I have a few things that need to be taken care of right away.

1. Buy the extended warranty or not. I've come to learn that there are several policies, all inclusive and a wrap. I'm leaning towards the wrap (which covers everything except the powertrain for 10yr/100K. Mostly, people buy the warranty in case they have problems with the engine. Ford's fix for an engine problem is replace with a long block. That is not an option for a numbers matching 1 of 135 car. So what's the point? I have a new transmission in the garage with plans on buying another Voodoo. I think it would make sense to swap the motor and transmission and drive/track without jeopardizing a numbers matching combo. As for a wheel warranty, I've come to find out that (at least for JR357's VIN), they will not offer a wheel warranty like I got for HR871 (gee, I wonder why).

2. Make room in the garage for the arrival. I'm going to have to head over to the other house and clean the garage out to get my wife's '97 cobra in there so JR357 can have a spot next to her sisters.

3. List HR361 for sale. I guess I'll start here on the forum. I'd like her to go to a good home. She has been good to me and is a great R.

20190130_152005.jpg
Great problems to have! You got a great car and sounds like you have good plans in place. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Sponsored

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153

20190130_152005.jpg
Congrats!! Still buying a GT500? And if so, will you keep tracking the GT350 or will that be mostly a garage queen?

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Folks, despite the information I have been given by someone who works at Ford, I have discovered that my car was the second from last built base R. Ltcolton, who owns JR394, appears to have the last built base R. Not only did he get the last base R, but got it for $6140 under MSRP. This guy needs to buy a lottery ticket.... I am happy for him and I hope he realizes what he has and preserves this piece of automotive history.

Congrats, Ltcolton.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Congrats!! Still buying a GT500? And if so, will you keep tracking the GT350 or will that be mostly a garage queen?
Yes, I still plan to buy a 500. I will track it. I have a Tremic 3160 transmission in my garage and am in search of a Voodoo. If I can find one, why not swap out the engine and the tranny and track the base like it was meant to be driven. Despite it not being the last, it is still a rare car that deserves to be kept as a numbers matching car.

Sponsored

1Bad_ShelbyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350R
Today, I finalized the MSRP deal on JR357, which by the way, was communicated to me by Gotti that this was the last base R built. **edited to add, it has been discovered that ltcolton purchased JR394, and as it stands, he has the last base R** I am happy for him and hope he preserves this piece of automotive history.

A while back, there was a buzz about the window closing on the federal mandate for a rear view camera. Nearing that time, a friend ( @Muligan ) was trying to get a base R pushed through production and solicited the help of some movers and shakers to get it done. Well, he squeaked through. Somehow, there was a dealership down in Orlando Florida (Sun state Ford) that accidentally ordered 3 of these vehicles in the base configuration. Well, cars without AC dont sell well in florida and the dealer wound up trading them off around the country. I was interested, but life and events got in the way.

Fast forward to about a week ago. Jon ( @galaxy ) posted a thread about this strange R in a Saint Lous MO showroom that didnt have a radio and nav. I was there on a layover and had no transportation, so I didnt go out to see it. Like a splinter in my mind, I knew something was up with that car. I took a look at the sticker and saw Sun state ford..... could this be, the holy grail sitting in a showroom not drawing much attention?

I made an offer of 3k below sticker. They were 3k ADM. DENIED. I let the day go by and near the end of business call again to meet in the middle at MSRP. I was told I would have an answer the next day in the morning.

The next day, no return call. I am rapidly approaching the point that if I am to go there in person and close the deal, I need to know if my offer was accepted. I shower, get ready, head out to the airport awaiting the final answer. I went through security and was handed a boarding pass. My phone rings, they want 1k over. I said no. I got up and started to walk towards the exit and then they said they would take MSRP.

Fly half the day, uber to the dealer, and then begin the painstaking process of going over every nook and cranny of the car. Once satisfied, the paperwork started. A pleasant surprise was that Jon stopped by and lended a helping hand going over the car. THANK YOU JON! I completed the paperwork and left JR357 in the showroom until the transport will arrive in about 10 days.

I spoke with so many people about this big step. @PP0001 @Muligan Gotti (who confirmed it was the last base) @galaxy @stanglife

Everyone pretty much came to the conclusion that this was a no brainer. As much as I am attached to HR361, it is not anywhere as near as rare as JR357. In a perfect world, I could keep them all, however HR361 has to go.

More to follow
20190130_153313.jpg
20190130_153335.jpg
20190130_153327.jpg
20190130_153351.jpg
20190130_153340.jpg

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Glad to see it worked out for you Tom.....enjoy her in good health !!!
Thank you. How have you been. I haven't see you around lately. Still working a lot?

1Bad_ShelbyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350R
Thank you. How have you been. I haven't see you around lately. Still working a lot?
Thanks for asking Tom always a pleasure to hear from you !!!

I visit from time to time, to keep up to date when I get a chance, see how you guys are behaving......:like:

Of course with the extreme cold temperatures up here in Montreal and being an HVAC contractor, my “me” time is definitely limited to say the least.

I’m also working on a stablemate for JR257...... hopefully I”ll be able to share it with you all in the coming days ( hint old school Boss)

Cheers........

Hawkspring

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 2017F450
Well done, and a pleasure to see an R in classic colors. Is this a bubble wrap buy or will it be unleashed on tarmac and track?
Sponsored