Sponsored

May be entering the fray again. M1 available for '23 MY ?

koplebob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord V6, 2023 Ford Mustang GT

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
woah this is only like 30min from me, didn't know we had mach's sitting around here
cool!! still waiting for mine though, and i definitely dont want a 10 speed mach 1!
It’s less than 5 minutes from my house. Where in the burbs are you? They’ve had a couple Mach’s come through but they didn’t last long.

koplebob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s less than 5 minutes from my house. Where in the burbs are you? They’ve had a couple Mach’s come through but they didn’t last long.
Glendale Heights! I used to live in Naperville actually much much closer to that, but I placed my Mach 1 order at Roesch Ford who gave me a signed sheet saying they'd honor X-Plan pricing when the car comes in and wouldn't add any dumb stickers or plate frames. Local dealer, X-plan, $500 refundable deposit? Sounds like a win to me!

Edit: Nice color choice, a man of taste as well :rockon:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Glendale Heights! I used to live in Naperville actually much much closer to that, but I placed my Mach 1 order at Roesch Ford who gave me a signed sheet saying they'd honor X-Plan pricing when the car comes in and wouldn't add any dumb stickers or plate frames. Local dealer, X-plan, $500 refundable deposit? Sounds like a win to me!

Edit: Nice color choice, a man of taste as well :rockon:
That’s a good deal! I like your taste in color as well! I was going to order thru Gerald but my sales guy left and I wasn’t thrilled with the other folks they have in sales so I went with Hawk in St.Charles. Maybe I’ll see you around sometime, can’t imagine there will be too many Grabber Blue’s around

koplebob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s a good deal! I like your taste in color as well! I was going to order thru Gerald but my sales guy left and I wasn’t thrilled with the other folks they have in sales so I went with Hawk in St.Charles. Maybe I’ll see you around sometime, can’t imagine there will be too many Grabber Blue’s around
Yeah I think I called the closest 5-10 dealers around and most of them either didn't take X-Plan or were asking for non refundable deposits, or weren't taking orders at all. Roesch's only restriction was no Handling Package, but for $4500 and a car that may only see the track once or twice a year I didn't really want it anyway. Harsher street ride, but I will absolutely be adding the HP spoiler at the minimum

Sponsored

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Yeah I think I called the closest 5-10 dealers around and most of them either didn't take X-Plan or were asking for non refundable deposits, or weren't taking orders at all. Roesch's only restriction was no Handling Package, but for $4500 and a car that may only see the track once or twice a year I didn't really want it anyway. Harsher street ride, but I will absolutely be adding the HP spoiler at the minimum
XPlan says the Mach 1 is not elegible.

ACF43FCA-8128-4B47-942F-667BC4A85C0C.png

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Been away from Mustang ownership for a few years and am interested in a M1. Are these as hard to get as the S550 Shelbys were as far as allocations and ADM is concerned? And is Ford producing them for the '23 model year? Not liking the S650 renders so far, but I have to say that the interior spy shots look good.
Talked to someone I know inside Ford Engineering. I asked if the Mach 1 would be around for 2023 or if 2024 was bringing something I should look at for a track car. He said, "I would pay special attention to the Detroit Auto Show next month if I were you." I believe that means I should wait and see what's coming. Hopefully it won't be $100K Mustang :D. I almost paid the money to get a GT350/GT350R but thought that was a lot to put out for a Mustang. Now I kind of regret it which is why I was considering a Mach 1.

OP
OP
Rated R

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
Talked to someone I know inside Ford Engineering. I asked if the Mach 1 would be around for 2023 or if 2024 was bringing something I should look at for a track car. He said, "I would pay special attention to the Detroit Auto Show next month if I were you." I believe that means I should wait and see what's coming. Hopefully it won't be $100K Mustang :D. I almost paid the money to get a GT350/GT350R but thought that was a lot to put out for a Mustang. Now I kind of regret it which is why I was considering a Mach 1.
Interesting, my dealer told me to hold off as well. He doesn't currently have a Mach1 to sell but he's never steered me wrong. The interior looks updated for sure. And if I do wait, and the reveal has positive feedback in general, then it'll be much easier to find a dealer who will bargain on their current inventory.

Last edited:

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
There will be always a better, faster, more powerful car.

Considering a base mach1 is 55k before options, I think they are getting too expensive for the average consumer.

I hope Ford doesn’t blew it up with 650. I’m excited to see the next gen, even when I made peace with staying in the 550 platform with the Mach1.

Sponsored

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There will be always a better, faster, more powerful car.

Considering a base mach1 is 55k before options, I think they are getting too expensive for the average consumer.

I hope Ford doesn’t blew it up with 650. I’m excited to see the next gen, even when I made peace with staying in the 550 platform with the Mach1.
Oh of course. I'm not concerned about the most powerful (or I'd be figuring out how to afford a GT500) or the fastest in general. However, I know this guy from some track events so he knows I want a good track car (road course). I really like my PP2 but it does have a few glaring weaknesses. I was pleasantly surprised this past weekend though when the temps were in the mid 90's - 100 and the car (and I) held up pretty good overall. Diff warning never came on. I usually try to avoid the track in the hotter months for both the cars and my sake :).

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A note on the links to cars.com. I was told once that not all dealers are going to show up on there. Wouldn't it be a good idea to call Ford customer service and have them search for you as well?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Let‘s be real, the Mach 1 is hardly a car for the “average” consumer. And in todays world $55k is hardly exorbitant. Sad but true.

OP
OP
Rated R

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
Let‘s be real, the Mach 1 is hardly a car for the “average” consumer. And in todays world $55k is hardly exorbitant. Sad but true.
All depends on one's means and perspective. Some people think a bus ticket is spendy and can't rub two nickels together. Others wouldn't scoff at spending a mil or more on a Veyron.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
All depends on one's means and perspective. Some people think a bus ticket is spendy and can't rub two nickels together. Others wouldn't scoff at spending a mil or more on a Veyron.
I understand and agree with your point but you said average. The average consumer is not buying two door sport coupes with 400+ HP engines. There is only a small subset of consumers that buy our type of car.

By the way the average price of a new car is over $47k.

New-vehicle average transaction prices (ATPs) increased to $47,148 in May 2022, according to new data released by Kelley Blue Book, a Cox Automotive company. Prices rose 1% ($472) month over month and remain elevated compared to one year ago, up 13.5% ($5,613) from May 2021.Jun 9, 2022
Sponsored