Max speed on the GT350

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I can’t speak to stock but can to fi’d. And its considerably north of whats been discussed here.

was this ever resolved? it’s been more than a hot minute maybe someone did something like rent an airport and go balls-to-the-wall to avoid all that side loading hooplah…

…askin for a friend 😎
Sponsored

TeamGomez

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.centripetalsolutions.com
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'18 350, 996 GT-3, 330 ZHP, E46 M3, SQ5, Tundra
Just about 175. The car had a little more, but real estate was the issue. I'll call it..... the car can do 175+. I didn't because I didn't want to go screaming into NASCAR turn 3 at those speeds. Despite the banks, there is still a large sideload that was very uncomfortable.

As for the 6th gear nonsense, I found the car will hold its own at high speeds in 6th gear. Although it is not a pulling gear, you can get to speed and instead of winding the piss out of your motor near red line, 6th gear will maintain.

Driving Daytona

Screenshot_20190101-102441.png

Damn. That's an impressive effort and new to these parts so I'm not familiar with your car setup WRT safety features. Not sure I'd have the gorilla balls to dive into NASCAR 3 in a production car with a hoop roll bar. I've done a lot of time on the west coast tracks but we always ran the infields at Vegas and Fontana for the very fact that you mentioned: banked ovals demand 10/10ths car setup.

One of the guys who ran with us was at Colorado in his 911 Cup Car and had very minor fender contact with another driver btwn turns 1 and 2. His car immediately went airborne and struck the wall, roof first. I was watching it live and thought Chris was dead. No way he could survive that shunt. But his car had a full cage, it held up, and saved his life.

I sure would feel more comfortable on a Yokohama or Goodyear slick at Daytona. Kudos for doing the homework and gettin' er done.

Bullitt40

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350/track pak
If you have stock 3:73 rear gear....175
gt350-Shiftpoints.PNG
mph is your top speed.