Sponsored

Maverick pickup compact truck leaked image from factory line!

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I’d drive that for the right price.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I wonder if this will replace the Ranger? I was going to buy a Ranger, i thought the engine and trans was great but the rest of the truck was a pile. Ended up buying a 2021 Tacoma TRD off road. I wouldn't mind getting a Bronco in a couple years, especially if it gets the 2.7tt.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I wonder if this will replace the Ranger? I was going to buy a Ranger, i thought the engine and trans was great but the rest of the truck was a pile. Ended up buying a 2021 Tacoma TRD off road. I wouldn't mind getting a Bronco in a couple years, especially if it gets the 2.7tt.
What a friend was talking about is its going to be smaller then the Ranger and FWD. Just a small truck for those that dont need but some light truck work. Im surprised, i didnt think the market was there. I thought the older Ranger was discontinued due to how small it was and the market moved to medium sized trucks.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
What a friend was talking about is its going to be smaller then the Ranger and FWD. Just a small truck for those that dont need but some light truck work. Im surprised, i didnt think the market was there. I thought the older Ranger was discontinued due to how small it was and the market moved to medium sized trucks.
Interesting.

Probably a smart move, really. I'd wager that a large percentage of truck buyers that have 1/2 ton pickups never come close to using their capability. I'm guilty most of the time, although I've hauled as much as 1,080 pounds of scrap lumber in mine.

I've always thought the Honda Ridgeline is a great fit for most folks, yet they aren't crazy popular. If they offered a 2-door variant with a 6.5' bed, I'd consider one.

Being a former owner of a restored Ranchero, I think a modern one with AWD would be appealing.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
I bought a ranger this year. I like the truck. Good power & 10 speed trans. I put a little lift and bigger tires on it. I really like the mid sized trucks. Full size have just gotten to big and expensive.

916FF054-2705-4966-8C8D-2935040E0DDE.jpeg

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
@bluebeastsrt I agree full size is way too big and expensive. I wanted to like the Ranger but just didn't. The Tacoma works out for me alot better. It pulls the s550 no problem. I added a Redarc trailer brake controller, it works great.

IMG_20201206_141411.jpg

IMG_20201205_131658.jpg

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Different strokes. These little trucks have a lot of grunt. 7500 pound tow capacity is plenty for most race cars.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Different strokes. These little trucks have a lot of grunt. 7500 pound tow capacity is plenty for most race cars.
Agreed, 6400 capacity on the Taco. Car is 3800, trailer is 1400 so it works out well.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
My family is one of those "you're not a man if you don't own a truck" types. i am NOT a truck person at all, the 1-2 times a year I may need one I rent from uhaul. My brother beats his trucks, he needs them on the land he has. daily he uses them beyond what they are meant for. My father... a duffle bag may be the biggest thing ever put in the bed (ok honestly its wood for the fire once a year he buys from the store) but his truck owning experience is like that of most the people I know. its just a nice big comfy cruiser, its not used as a truck. My best friend just bought a 2020 RAM 1500 with the ecodiesel and getting amazing fuel mileage and will never ever use it as a truck. So I'm guessing Ford is trying to tap into those peoples pocket?

Not going to lie the 2021 RAM limited is stupid nice and on my short list of the next vehicle, but ill never use it for what its made for.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Not really smaller than the Ranger much, just lighter duty/better mileage. Perfect for pest control, and light deliveries like auto parts.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
The shortest Ranger you can buy in the states is 210in. What I want is a new 2011 Ranger...

20210114_150244.jpg
Those days are over. Buy a nice used one.
Sponsored