Sponsored

Master list of S550 Quality or Build issues found.

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
This thread is to consolidate a list of specific quality issues new Mustang owners have found either upon delivery or soon afterwards. The hope is that this information can inform you of what to be aware of prior to taking delivery of either your ordered or dealer stock Mustang. This is not making a statement of how widespread or not these issues are, just that they have been encountered by some (to many) on this forum. Issues listed here may or may not exist on any given car. I will try to update this first post as a master list as clarified by posters below and also issues I was not aware of at the time of initial writing.

This first shot at a list is just a few from the rough notes I have made over several weeks (that could mostly affect the car I ordered due in late March, a V6 Convertible 051A). So please do add issues you do not see listed. :thumbsup:

PLEASE post below:
• Any corrections and additions to issue or the model(s) they affect.
• Just the issue(s) and enough info to explain it fully, how it looks, sounds or feels and the degree of the problem. Lets keep this thread brief and include links to where further explanation and discussion. That way it is easier to navigate looking for specific issues. (Lets have further discussion on those other issue specific threads. Thanks)
• Say whether issue is likely engine/model specific or affects all Mustangs (ie GT vs EB vs V6 or Coupe vs Convertible)
• Include a link to further info on your issue and steps taken towards resolution & outcome

Issues Listed by Engine, Body, Model : (as best known)

All Mustang Models:
- Body Panel Fitment issues- Hood, trunk, doors, fenders, rear quarter panels, tail lights, front bumper
- Rear Window (coupes)- significantly lower on driver side
- Dash noise/vibration- From head light knob. Tach/Speedo gauges. Tend to revolve around the aluminum trim, I get it on both sides of the gauge clusters where the trim sits.
- Sqealing Brakes- Usually just first few times pedal pressed. Sometimes just slow when turning.

5.0 GT :

2.3 EcoBoost:

3.7 V6:
- Driveshaft- Vibration or rumbling felt (not noise). “If it is Drive Shaft related, the vibes will not go away in neutral at speed, but will reduce as you slow down. You feel it in the butt, not the hands.”

Convertible Specific:
- Back window- Lower on the left than the right, after you look at it for a while, you notice the top is also crooked.

Again, please post below any revisions or additions needed.

PS. If you have received your Mustang already and have not posted on MagneticA's "How was the quality of your car when you picked it up?" poll, go here to vote or view results.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17662&page=4
Sponsored

Last edited:

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The dash vibrations tend to revolve around the aluminum trim. I get it on both sides of the gauge clusters where the trim sits.

There can be a squeak (not a rattle) from the rear passenger side that results from the trunk lining/insulating material rubbing against something internally. It can be corrected by pulling it inward by reaching behind it from the trunk opening near the subwoofer enclosure.