Sponsored

Massive price hikes on used Mustang models

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Well went ahead with the PX and picked up my new GT yesterday :)

Very pleased with it! As much as i loved Triple yellow, Twister Orange is Glorious!

Managed to get some pics of them both next to each other!

IMG_3224.JPG
and neither car having issues about being found in a car park! Man likes his bright colours :sunglasses:
Sponsored

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG manual/'65 289 Coupe
Well went ahead with the PX and picked up my new GT yesterday :)

Very pleased with it! As much as i loved Triple yellow, Twister Orange is Glorious!

Managed to get some pics of them both next to each other!

IMG_3224.JPG
very nice. the '19 is an improvement above the '16 in many ways, having owned both!

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG manual/'65 289 Coupe
Just got a quote from Evans for my '19 GT auto - £39300! I have an appointment next week. I had a WBAC offer of £38k, reduced to £37.5k at my appointment yesterday...

I'm due to swap to new car shortly, don't think Ford will match these prices based on what i've had mentioned to date £35.5k).

V8 WUU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
very nice. the '19 is an improvement above the '16 in many ways, having owned both!
Yes, it kind of feels a different car!, having gone from the auto to manual - its just feels that much more "raw" and defiantly feels faster!

I can feel the difference in handling with the magnaRide, it corners flatter, and does not hit bumps in the road as harshly.

The exhaust is fantastic, even in normal mode - it sounds far louder and better than the standard exhaust on my "17". And in track mode, i would say about the same loudness as the MBRP catback i had, however this sound deeper, and i think a better sound.
Plus i can start up in "good neighbour" mode and not piss off the neighbours!

The interior feels slightly nicer, and i love the dash board!

All in i feels its a good upgrade!

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
For anyone thats looking for an alternative you can get a pre-reg 10-50 mile on the clock V8 supercharged P450 F-type Jaguar for £59500, maybe less if they will haggle.

A fair few to choose from at Guy Salmon AUC starting at the above but most are £62kish.

Seems a bit of a bargain if the mileage is actually correct.

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
For anyone thats looking for an alternative you can get a pre-reg 10-50 mile on the clock V8 supercharged P450 F-type Jaguar for £59500, maybe less if they will haggle.

A fair few to choose from at Guy Salmon AUC starting at the above but most are £62kish.

Seems a bit of a bargain if the mileage is actually correct.
I did look at the F-Type when I bought the Mustang but the boot is tiny and there is no back seat which I / we do use.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Just got a quote from Evans for my '19 GT auto - £39300! I have an appointment next week. I had a WBAC offer of £38k, reduced to £37.5k at my appointment yesterday...

I'm due to swap to new car shortly, don't think Ford will match these prices based on what i've had mentioned to date £35.5k).
You may be surprised. Ford dealers like all of the others are desperately short of stock at the moment. Some used cars have increased in value by 20% in the last 6 weeks. New car supply has dried up (I know a dealer who has 5 new cars in the showroom and nothing else coming until October at best) No new car sales = no trade ins, which means the 2/3 year old market dries up too.

Really not a good time to be a car dealer!

Great time to sell a car mind you!

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I did look at the F-Type when I bought the Mustang but the boot is tiny and there is no back seat which I / we do use.
Yep the F-type has always been on my radar, never been in the V8 but have driven the V6 supercharged one which was great it sounded really good, they have 2 pre reg at GS one is £52k. When i looked around 2016-17 they came in a fair bit more £££ than my M2 so coupled with the impracticalities of the lack of seats and fairly small boot i never pursued it any further.

However at those prices I would find it difficult to ignore and realistically don't need 4 seats and a big boot. If they were doing 0% finance I would be paying them a visit.

V8 WUU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Well the dealer i PX'd my "17" with 43K miles, have just put it up for sale at £32K!

Which is nuts because i only paid £30K for it from a dealer 2 years ago with 18K miles!

But i bet they sell it if stock is so low?

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Well the dealer i PX'd my "17" with 43K miles, have just put it up for sale at £32K!

Which is nuts because i only paid £30K for it from a dealer 2 years ago with 18K miles!

But i bet they sell it if stock is so low?
Probably already sold !

When we traded in our Kuga recently it was sold before we even got it to the dealer!

Sponsored

marzman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Grabber Blue GT
Anyone actually been to evans halshaw to see if their online quotes are real?
I met with Evans Halshaw last week - they didnt even give the car a once over - they just took 3 or 4 pictures on their ipad and sent them to head office to confirm the quote - which came back 20 mins later - and they agreed to honour the £35,970 online valuation. Only caveat was the car needed to be returned to stock, so ive spent the last week sorting all that out. Took it back to them today and handed over the keys. They'll clear the outstanding finance with Ford and then pay me the remaining balance - told me to expect funds tomorrow. They didnt even look at the car to verify my removal of all the mods. I left the black wrap on the roof and black side 5.0 badges given they're available on some stock cars anyway and they didnt bat an eye.

So i'm left with a pile of mods which will be going up for sale shortly...

Wheels/Spoiler/Side scoops/Front wing vents/Front splitter/Tailpipes all coming soon!

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I am in a bit of a dilemma too. I have been offered and confirmed £500 more than I paid for my new GT in December 2019 and it now has 6000ish miles on it. Its also on 0% finance so basically its cost me pretty much nothing.

I've now also enquired about the f-type P450 basically after I throw in the GT's equity on the p450 I want I'm looking at £52k. For me I see that equity as money under normal circumstances I would not have so how can I turn my nose up at a P450 for £52k, stupidly cheap.

Phil_AVF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2198 Grabber Yellow
I am in a bit of a dilemma too. I have been offered and confirmed £500 more than I paid for my new GT in December 2019 and it now has 6000ish miles on it. Its also on 0% finance so basically its cost me pretty much nothing.

I've now also enquired about the f-type P450 basically after I throw in the GT's equity on the p450 I want I'm looking at £52k. For me I see that equity as money under normal circumstances I would not have so how can I turn my nose up at a P450 for £52k, stupidly cheap.
Go for it!

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Been onto Jag this morning and finance is utter crap making the p450 expensive per month even if I put in £20k and sourced a loan elsewhere the interest over 3 or 4 years is more than I'm willing to pay.
I paid cash for my M2 but then I moved house and the 0% on the Mustang meant I could pump the M2 money into the house and have a free loan for the GT, it made a lot.of sense at the time and also works out very cheap per month for what was a car with an RRP of £45k it's also made me realise how expensive PCPs can be when you're paying interest.

Oh well stuck with the GT which is far from a bad thing.

Last edited:

Tim_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning blue S550 Coyote convertible
Been onto Jag this morning and finance is utter crap making the p450 expensive per month even if I put in £20k and sourced a loan elsewhere the interest over 3 or 4 years is more than I'm willing to pay.
I paid cash for my M2 but then I moved house and the 0% on the Mustang meant I could pump the M2 money into the house and have a free loan for the GT, it made a lot.of sense at the time and also works out very cheap per month for what was a car with an RRP of £45k it's also made me realise how expensive PCPs can be when you're paying interest.

Oh well stuck with the GT which is far from a bad thing.
The Jag finance is always high, in the past I've worked out the dealer discount can sometimes offset the interest vs list price, so total payment with the interest takes you back to list price in the best case scenario. Most of the time your total outlay will exceed list; either way it's never any less than list price from Jag.

I think they do it so they can try and sort of sell it as equivalent of interest free but when everyone else is offering discounts on list price and interest free it doesn't really help.
Sponsored