Sponsored

Massive price hikes on used Mustang models

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Congrats - where'd you sell it bud? I've booked an appointment to see Evans Halshaw on Tuesday.

Will ask them about my wheels and a few other parts... if they're not paying me extra for them i'll be looking for some stock rims in a hurry!
generally they take money off for non original parts. I would ask the question then see where you go from there?
Sponsored

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Congrats - where'd you sell it bud? I've booked an appointment to see Evans Halshaw on Tuesday.

Will ask them about my wheels and a few other parts... if they're not paying me extra for them i'll be looking for some stock rims in a hurry!
Sold it to the Ford dealer in York, I did have two other Ford dealers competing for it though so clearly in demand for stock cars currently.
And yeah if there’s anything you can yank off then do so!

Liam O

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue Mustang GT Shadow Edition
Proper tricky decision for me. only had it just over a year, bought it a week before lockdown 1 and have only used it for one small road trip to Snowdonia and general day to day driving which is a massive shame given how long i've wanted one for! just approaching 10k miles in it too. WBAC are £32K, Evans Halsaw £35.8K. Does mean I have a sizable chunk of equity. Might do it and put it into the GT350 fund :crackup:

inky5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 5.0GT Fastback
Amazing offers Guys! I am (semi) tempted to sell mine. June 2018 (MY17) Auto GT fully serviced with 9,000 miles. Couple of useful mods - Roush axle backs, LED DRLs, Bonnet Struts. Plus cheap £155 RFL. However, even if I got my original purchase price of £36K back, what would I replace it with??? What a dilemma…

andyturbo2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Convertible
That’s the problem. What can you replace it with? I’m always looking for a convertible version of whatever I fancy that’s reasonably quick. Apart from
the typical German offer, what else is there?

Sponsored

s1ms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
That’s the problem. What can you replace it with? I’m always looking for a convertible version of whatever I fancy that’s reasonably quick. Apart from
V8 Mustang, V10 R8, 5.0 F-Type or Hellcat (non convertible obviously)

Last edited:

Tim_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning blue S550 Coyote convertible
Maybe swap to try the quicker V8 version if your mileage/fuel costs are now lower thanks to covid?

andyturbo2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
V8 Mustang, V10 R8, 5.0 F-Type or Hellcat (non convertible obviously)
can’t stretch to an R8. Had a TTS on long term loan when my S4 gearbox gave up. With the DSG it’d wipe the floor with GT and EB but just a bit girly in my view. F types have their problems as we know. I take a punt on a convertible GT on BOTB every week. Fingers crossed !

andyturbo2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Plenty of cars out there that can beat a mustang but very very few that give you the emotional attachment and smiles per gallon the Ford does especially in manual form.
I wish I could agree. The eight visit to the garage for repair in 18 months kinda taints the emotional attachment.

Sponsored

andyturbo2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
blimey, 8 visits:shock: What were they for?
bonnet corrosion
Boot corrosion
Reverse camera
Puddle light
Ac evap core
Rear calliper x2
Currently in for a month for a new starter motor (back order)

still not convinced of 2nd gear synchro being right although two Ford dealers say it’s a ‘character of the box’.

inky5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 5.0GT Fastback
bonnet corrosion
Boot corrosion
Reverse camera
Puddle light
Ac evap core
Rear calliper x2

still not convinced of 2nd gear synchro being right although two Ford dealers say it’s a ‘character of the box’.
Blimey Andy! You’ve been very unlucky!! Hope they get it sorted for you soon.

Tim_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning blue S550 Coyote convertible
bonnet corrosion
Boot corrosion
Reverse camera
Puddle light
Ac evap core
Rear calliper x2

The manuals are known to have poor shift quality and get worse, they're just not the usual Ford standard 'box. The rest are 'common' issues, so should be a good car once they're all fixed.

andyturbo2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
The manuals are known to have poor shift quality and get worse, they're just not the usual Ford standard 'box. The rest are 'common' issues, so should be a good car once they're all fixed.
I'm hoping for trouble free motoring now until my warranty runs out and I can justify shifting it. Although, I thought this after the 2nd caliper seized, but then the car wouldn't start after driving to work...
Sponsored