Massive price hikes on used Mustang models

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Every now and then I look on WBAC to see how the Mustang value is doing, most recent was around a month ago.. 2017 with just over 1000 dry miles came back at just over £30k. Now they email me every other day to tell me they want my car.. now I know why.

My Mother is in the market for a new mini and wants one the same as she is trading in, same colour, spec etc.

The colour is Metallic white with black roof. Spec is "Comfort" I believe. She has been told she has to wait until at least August. She asked if they could find one in another dealership, (Lovetts), and was told, with a snigger.. "sorry, we have no stock"!!

Crazy times!!
The sad thing is just when dealers needed a really good summer to recover some lost business they are struggling to get new cars. There will be some big names go under unless the situation improves very soon - which it isn't going to do.

The knock on is second hand values will be firm too, as trade in cars are drying up.
Sponsored

V8 WUU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Ive just been offered £26K for my 2017 GT from a Ford dealer with 42K, which i thought was a good PX, since i paid £30K for it 2 years ago on 18K miles.

And buying this lovely brand new GT in Twister orange, Custom Pack 2 and Magna Ride for £46,600. Which i also thought was a decent deal, as its ready to go. Considering they are suggesting a new factory order, your unlikely to get it this year!

IMG_3176.JPG

IMG_3180.JPG

Can't wait now :)

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Ive just been offered £26K for my 2017 GT from a Ford dealer with 42K, which i thought was a good PX, since i paid £30K for it 2 years ago on 18K miles.

And buying this lovely brand new GT in Twister orange, Custom Pack 2 and Magna Ride for £46,600. Which i also thought was a decent deal, as its ready to go. Considering they are suggesting a new factory order, your unlikely to get it this year!

Can't wait now :)
Congratulations!! You did get a good deal!! My ‘17GT cost me £39k new and WBAC are offering 30k, but with 1000 miles.
Of course you do realise you have moved from a Gen2 to a Gen3, which is a step backwards if you ask me lol….
I’ll get my coat….

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
I’ve been offered 31k for my 68 plate 2017 model GT with 10k miles on it. Tempting, even more tempting to sell it privately for nearer 34k which is only £1000 less than I paid for it brand new 2.5 years ago.

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Valuation going up even more next month, difference of 3k between now and June :shock:

snapshot of the cap valuation site today for my car...

54D36C57-73BA-49C4-9BE6-0FCC949ABCF4.jpeg

Sponsored

andyturbo2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Convertible
It won’t last guys and it’s all relative. All used cars worth their salt are going up in value. Webuyanycar offered just under what I paid for mine 18 months ago…

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
It won’t last guys and it’s all relative. All used cars worth their salt are going up in value. Webuyanycar offered just under what I paid for mine 18 months ago…
Hence why I’m gonna move on now while trade in prices are high:like:

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I entered my details into Evans Halshaw and they have offered £41470 which is £2k more than I paid for the GT in December 2019.

WBAC £36k and Arnold Clarke 33k.

Personally think I've more chance of finding some rocking horse poo than Evans Halshaw actually handing over anywhere near that amount.

marzman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Grabber Blue GT
Yeah im thinking about putting mine up for sale imminently. I bought a 2014 Range Rover sport last month and i've only driven my stang once in the last 6 weeks.

...think its time for an R8...

Kylemacca01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I entered my details into Evans Halshaw and they have offered £41470 which is £2k more than I paid for the GT in December 2019.

WBAC £36k and Arnold Clarke 33k.

Personally think I've more chance of finding some rocking horse poo than Evans Halshaw actually handing over anywhere near that amount.
Evans Halshaw are offering crazy money on these! I just put my details in out of curiosity and have been offer 3k more than I paid for the car a few weeks ago. 6k more than WBAC

Sponsored

marzman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Grabber Blue GT
Jesus... i've just put my car in and Evans Halshaw say they're paying up to £36k?! 17k miles MY17.

Got to be worth a visit to see what they're really offering...

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Jesus... i've just put my car in and Evans Halshaw say they're paying up to £36k?! 17k miles MY17.

Got to be worth a visit to see what they're really offering...
It would be interesting. It won't do them any good in the long term if when you get there they offer people way less.

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Mines going on Monday, got an offer I couldn’t refuse. Will be a few parts for sale next week on the classifieds :like:

marzman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Grabber Blue GT
Mines going on Monday, got an offer I couldn’t refuse. Will be a few parts for sale next week on the classifieds :like:
Congrats - where'd you sell it bud? I've booked an appointment to see Evans Halshaw on Tuesday.

Will ask them about my wheels and a few other parts... if they're not paying me extra for them i'll be looking for some stock rims in a hurry!
Sponsored

Last edited: