Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Now that it looks like a few people stateside are getting notice for the Recall fix of the Oil Cooler Lines...

I wanted to start this thread so we can keep each other informed on how MAS is going to accomplish this.

1) My Pass still shows that there is NO remedy for my recall.
2) Judging from the how I had to get my Owner's Supplement mailed stateside then to me, and that I did not receive a recall notice in the mail. I can expect that Ford will not contact me concerning the fix.

I will be talking to MAS this week concerning the Recall fix now that Ford seems to be fixing stateside vehicles.

Just want to know if anyone else is already getting info...
Sponsored

88mph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Hey lemers!

I'm importing mine to Chile as well, so I'm in a similar situation to yours. I've talked to Ford both in the US and in Chile, and according to them any Ford dealership should be able to receive your car and perform the recall fix free of charge. Financially it is not a problema for the dealership, since they will invoice all the associated costs back to Ford.

Most probably you will have to wait a little longer since the parts require an international shipping all the way to Germany and specifically for your vehicle.

Also, in the recall letter published yesterday there are two sentences that say that dealership should take any vehicles affected "wether or not the customer received a letter" (see attached image below).

I wish you the best of luck and let us know how it goes :)

Recall 2 side note.jpg

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Now that it looks like a few people stateside are getting notice for the Recall fix of the Oil Cooler Lines...

I wanted to start this thread so we can keep each other informed on how MAS is going to accomplish this.

1) My Pass still shows that there is NO remedy for my recall.
2) Judging from the how I had to get my Owner's Supplement mailed stateside then to me, and that I did not receive a recall notice in the mail. I can expect that Ford will not contact me concerning the fix.

I will be talking to MAS this week concerning the Recall fix now that Ford seems to be fixing stateside vehicles.

Just want to know if anyone else is already getting info...
Ford sent my Owner's supplement and the recall notice to my Stateside Address and nothing to me in Korea. They would more than likely have sent the recall notice to where they sent your Owner's supplement?

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Hey lemers!

I'm importing mine to Chile as well, so I'm in a similar situation to yours. I've talked to Ford both in the US and in Chile, and according to them any Ford dealership should be able to receive your car and perform the recall fix free of charge. Financially it is not a problema for the dealership, since they will invoice all the associated costs back to Ford.

Most probably you will have to wait a little longer since the parts require an international shipping all the way to Germany and specifically for your vehicle.

Also, in the recall letter published yesterday there are two sentences that say that dealership should take any vehicles affected "wether or not the customer received a letter" (see attached image below).

I wish you the best of luck and let us know how it goes :)

Recall 2 side note.jpg

So what I am gathering from the Image is that if the dealer has the repair parts in stock, They can only repair the cars they sold and have a sales contract for and any vehicle that is brought in by the owner. Meaning a dealer can't take the repair parts and put them on all their cars they have in inventory.

88mph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
So what I am gathering from the Image is that if the dealer has the repair parts in stock, They can only repair the cars they sold and have a sales contract for and any vehicle that is brought in by the owner. Meaning a dealer can't take the repair parts and put them on all their cars they have in inventory.
To be honest, that part of the letter is a little open ended, so yeah what you say could be it.

But anyway for us, with a GT350 outside the US/Canada, we will most likely have to wait until mid-march so that our local dealerships can order the parts, then wait international shipping, then getting the job done. Seems like our cars should be fixed by mid-April or so?

Sponsored

rfcs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Track Pak Triple Yellow
I never received the recall notice, though my dealer is aware from the system and my car's VIN is on the recall.

Have owners of "export" cars (non domestic) received recall notices?

OP
OP
lemers

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Ford sent my Owner's supplement and the recall notice to my Stateside Address and nothing to me in Korea. They would more than likely have sent the recall notice to where they sent your Owner's supplement?

I only got the Supplement because I tracked it down and had Ford send it to a stateside address. I never received any notice of recall other than this site and My Ford Pass. I don't expect a notice to fix the recall either.

88mph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I never received the recall notice, though my dealer is aware from the system and my car's VIN is on the recall.

Have owners of "export" cars (non domestic) received recall notices?
I haven't and probably never will. Not optimal, I know. However, I believe that if you are willing to go through all the hassle that involves importing a car then most likely you are an enthusiast and probably you will keep youself updated of all news regarding the car (by forums, etc) even when you do not receive notifications.

OP
OP
lemers

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Just for clarification sake:

MAJ stands for Military Auto Source. And is technically an American auto dealer that provides American spec vehicles to authorised people overseas. It comes with ano American warranty that I must take to the Ford dealer that MASaturday tells me to.

It's NOT a gray import vehicle in the same way that other people are importing them.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Whatever address you have in Ford system is where they send it--APO or Stateside. You have to manually enter it. If nothing shows, it's best to call FP.

MAS does not handle post-purchase service. You have to deal directly with the dealer. MAS may have a relationship with a particular dealer nearby, and can point you toward them...but maybe not.

I just made an appointment with a dealer near Cologne that was referred to me. Talked to them on the phone today, and they seem great. Even called me back after the call to get some more info.
Sponsored