Sponsored

MARYLAND SPEED - BUYER BEWARE!!!

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
But I will most likely never use this company again. I could have paid $30 more on Amazon and had it in 2 days. I try and give my business to mom-and-pop shops instead of the big guys like Amazon, but this kind of shit is ridiculous. If you can't beat Amazon's price and shipping speeds, at the very least match their customer service...which, by the way, is absolutely outstanding.
Many mom & pop shops actually use Amazon for distribution, because it makes sense, financially, and they have to carry less stock on hand. Just because you're buying 'from Amazon' doesn't mean you're buying from Amazon.

JR
Sponsored

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear about your issues.

Got my Corsa sport catback from them no problems. Took a little longer then a normal vendor but I expected that from what I read about them. Slower shipping for much better pricing at least in my case.

Hope it all gets worked out

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
How are these guys still a forum sponsor? Seems like many members here are being screwed over.

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
Yup. I would have been perfectly fine if I was told "hey, this is going to be a long lead time due to our low pricing. are you okay with that?" and if I hadn't been charged until the item shipped.
But nope. Like 2 months without either my money or my product.

brady281

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
How are these guys still a forum sponsor? Seems like many members here are being screwed over.

Same issue with me when I ordered my Kooks Headers from Maryland Speed.

Placed the order in March and didn't receive the exhaust until August. I was charged when the order was placed and played the waiting game with back and forth phone calls for the better part of the year.

Sponsored

Cxmoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
still havent gotten my stuff after being told repeatedly week after week "itll be here next week on a restocking order". its been over 2 months now. maryland speed is absolute shit. please dont ever deal with them unless you are willing to wait several months for your order.

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Yep, they still haven't resolved my incorrect item issue either. Got a reply weeks ago saying 'I am working on getting you the correct Kooks lead pipes that you ordered' ... and complete silence since then.

COStang777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT
I wish I would of come across this thread before placing an order from Maryland Speed for a set of headers. It's been 2 months since placing the order and still nothing. Just as others have said on this thread, every time you email them you get the run around saying..next week, next week (and that's if you even get a response in the first place).

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I wish I would of come across this thread before placing an order from Maryland Speed for a set of headers. It's been 2 months since placing the order and still nothing. Just as others have said on this thread, every time you email them you get the run around saying..next week, next week (and that's if you even get a response in the first place).

Call the bank, file a reverse charge whilst you are still within the 90 day window.

Apply some pressure through that route and you will get your goods.

Sponsored

Cxmoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
same exact thing happened with me with a roush diffuser. got it with a 5% off coupon for a sale and waited 3 months, and still had nothing. everytime i called or emailed them they gave me the same exact response as you, "itll ship next week" or "its set to arrive here next week, as soon as we get it we will ship it out. should be shipped by the end of next week". after the 3rd time them telling me it was supposed to ship, i said screw it and asked for a refund. they refused since it is a special order and i used a 5% coupon. i waited one more week(it was now the end of the 3rd month at this point), called and got the same answer, "itll be shipped next week". i called my bank and filed a dispute. explained everything to them. had my money back within 24 hours.

needless to say ill never deal with maryland speed ever again. absolute terrible company unless youre willing to wait half a year or more for your parts.

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
well at least they aint a vendor anymore. sucks they got over on so many people though

Matte Black

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
You know its bad when Kooks has to post an announcement on the homepage of their own site saying 'Maryland Speed is NOT an authorized Vendor'.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I originally ordered a Corsa Sport catback from them with black tips. Took over a month and a half to get.... Glad I didn't have my Mustang GT by then and it was still on order, but I would have cancelled the order otherwise. Stay clear of these guys. Poor service, awful ship times.

Stick with the other reputable guys on here, Beefcake, RDP, Lethal, Hypermotive, and many more I can name.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
You know its bad when Kooks has to post an announcement on the homepage of their own site saying 'Maryland Speed is NOT an authorized Vendor'.
Yeah wow, that is bad. The part in bold down there has me wondering if something else is going on too.

https://www.kooksheaders.com/news/important-maryland-speed-not-authorized-kooks-distributor.html

As of November 22, 2017, Maryland Speed is no longer an approved distributor of Kooks Headers and Exhaust and we cannot assist with orders placed with that company. Please forward inquiries on orders placed with Maryland Speed to the Maryland Speed contact information listed on their website.
Kooks and our authorized dealers emphasize customer service and satisfaction, and we encourage you to place your order(s) through one of our authorized dealers listed on this website.

*Products purchased through Maryland Speed will not be accepted under Kooks Warranty.
Sponsored