OP

Whipped500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Wanting
If you have the disposable cash just buy now.

Life is non renewable.

Otherwise just wait it out, however prices may never drop, and if they do drop how long will it take.

My sense is most GT350 buyers don't "need" to sell and latest version upgrade motivation weak at best.
Life is what has me thinking lol
Sponsored

OP
OP

Whipped500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Wanting
Donā€™t buy the car for an investment, but by the car with the expectations you wonā€™t lose much money. If youā€™re looking for an investment youā€™re better off spending the $80,000 in the stock market.
That is better wording for what I was trying to say. I don't think any car is a good investment, I just want to set myself up to lose as little as possible if/when I were to sell.

OP
OP

Whipped500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Wanting
Who knows what power hungry marxist governments are capable of? In Australia for instance, they might end up confiscating your ICE automobile altogether. Especially if you didn't get your flu shot and aren't driving with a mask. But please remember, if it does happen, it will be for your own good.
You meant to say Driving with a mask on while you're by yourself I think

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
I have a guy I know that I see every few months. He show me picture of his new gt350 last week. He got it from a NJ dealer that had it listed for $10K over MSRP. Car sat. H e sent a letter to owner and spoke about him and his son wanting the car for it s purpose and they d be tracking it. He decided he wouldn't pay crazy ADM and told dealer. Long story... he got it for 2K over MSRP. That s a good buy IMO.
No one can predict the future market. some good guesses at best.

Last edited:

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Correct me if I am wrong but it seems you have made very clear you are not a GT350 enthusiast and want to use this car for what it was made for (DRIVING!!). Rather you are an investor who wants something of value like a nice painting hanging on a wall to eventually flip for something else. While there are those individuals on this forum, the vast majority are enthusiasts who use these cars, mostly don't give a damn about gas prices cause they are going to drive them anyway, and wouldn't look to buy a garage queen down the road for an exorbitant amount of money so they can take a ridiculously expensive car to the track or drive the hell out of in a couple of years, especially as other more capable cars will be built in the next 5-10 years for that purpose.
I therefore think you are asking the wrong crowd. You need to be on some type of investor forum with others having lots of disposable income they can feel good about making a buck on and brag about how well their investment turned out. And I mean no disrespect to you for having that intention, but you, just like ADMs, is what keeps these cars out of the hands of people who want them more affordable so the average or slightly more than average Joe can enjoy driving one.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Correct me if I am wrong but it seems you have made very clear you are not a GT350 enthusiast and want to use this car for what it was made for (DRIVING!!). Rather you are an investor who wants something of value like a nice painting hanging on a wall to eventually flip for something else. While there are those individuals on this forum, the vast majority are enthusiasts who use these cars, mostly don't give a damn about gas prices cause they are going to drive them anyway, and wouldn't look to buy a garage queen down the road for an exorbitant amount of money so they can take a ridiculously expensive car to the track or drive the hell out of in a couple of years, especially as other more capable cars will be built in the next 5-10 years for that purpose.
I therefore think you are asking the wrong crowd. You need to be on some type of investor forum with others having lots of disposable income they can feel good about making a buck on and brag about how well their investment turned out. And I mean no disrespect to you for having that intention, but you, just like ADMs, is what keeps these cars out of the hands of people who want them more affordable so the average or slightly more than average Joe can enjoy driving one.
I think current pricing does preclude the investment standpoint. If you bought the cars a while back when pricing was much more reasonable, then maybe.

How long will this crazy market keep going like this? I don't know, but I do think that (if) when the auto industry straightens itself out, there will be a correction. So with that said, I wouldn't buy now thinking I was going to turn a quick buck.

There is no doubt these cars will be long term collectable, but world events and their effects have skewed the market a bit. These kinds of numbers for these cars is too soon IMHO, but people will pay what they will and that drives the market.

There was just a base R on BaT that sold for $89,000. The sticker on my base R was about 66K IIRC. That's too much too soon. So to the OP, unless you want it to enjoy and drive, I wouldn't pay the premium.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Frankly I don't think this is a good time to buy a used car. They are all about 20-50% or more inflated right now. I just looked at a car the same as my 2017 GT and they want 50% more than I paid for it in 2020. But if you're going to buy a used car, I think a GT350 would be a good choice. They are awesome cars. I'd get a regular GT350 with higher miles so that the price isn't quite so high rather than trying to find low miles or an R. I don't think miles driven should really reduce the value as much as car dealers tend to. I would easily buy something with 30,000-60,000 miles on it as long as it's in good condition.

No I don't think that there is a high likelihood that gas will become illegal in the near future. There is a natural process where the older cars get weeded out over time and that will take care of getting gasoline cars off the road. However, the price of gas might double or triple in the next 5-10 years. Hopefully not, but it could happen. What happens beyond 10 years in the future is anybody's guess.

I think used car prices are going to come down, but I've been wrong many times before. If people keep buying them and new cars aren't preferred over used, then the prices will stay high. If the automakers make awesome new vehicles, then used prices will decline. I can say that I'm not really interested in a new Mustang right now, even though I saw that the new Mach 1 was faster than the GT350R around a track.

OP
OP

Whipped500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Wanting
I will correct you to an extent. No, I will not be tracking the car and NO I don't have the disposable income. I have enough to buy one near sticker or a little more and if I do, it will wipe out a lot of my savings which doesn't make me very comfortable. I was trying to ask this forum who more knowledge on these cars than I do if this inflated market is the cause of the prices or not because if it is not, I am better buying sooner than later.
I am not an investor, I am a blue collar worker without the collar! I am just trying get something unique. I look at this car as a piece of art. I know nothing about art/paintings, my walls are bare but this car is stunning to me...inside the motor and out. I already mentioned that if I were to get one, I would have it longterm and that's why I'm considering price/value. As I mentioned, if I were to get a regular GT and use it as I intend, I would be throwing money out the window!

You seem to be upset with what I want this car for and I'm very sorry about that but I can tell you the majority of people that buy special vehicles don't use them as they are marketed. I'm just and average Joe gear head that probably makes less than most but has been saving and trying to treat himself to something.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Post the link where a Mach 1 is faster around a track then a 350R.

Frankly I don't think this is a good time to buy a used car. They are all about 20-50% or more inflated right now. I just looked at a car the same as my 2017 GT and they want 50% more than I paid for it in 2020. But if you're going to buy a used car, I think a GT350 would be a good choice. They are awesome cars. I'd get a regular GT350 with higher miles so that the price isn't quite so high rather than trying to find low miles or an R. I don't think miles driven should really reduce the value as much as car dealers tend to. I would easily buy something with 30,000-60,000 miles on it as long as it's in good condition.

No I don't think that there is a high likelihood that gas will become illegal in the near future. There is a natural process where the older cars get weeded out over time and that will take care of getting gasoline cars off the road. However, the price of gas might double or triple in the next 5-10 years. Hopefully not, but it could happen. What happens beyond 10 years in the future is anybody's guess.

I think used car prices are going to come down, but I've been wrong many times before. If people keep buying them and new cars aren't preferred over used, then the prices will stay high. If the automakers make awesome new vehicles, then used prices will decline. I can say that I'm not really interested in a new Mustang right now, even though I saw that the new Mach 1 was faster than the GT350R around a track.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
No, I will not be tracking the car and NO I don't have the disposable income. I have enough to buy one near sticker or a little more and if I do, it will wipe out a lot of my savings which doesn't make me very comfortable.
Well maybe with the clarification of why you want the car and how it is going to be used it might be best for you to wait a bit. A regular GT350 most likely lose value after the bubble pops as there a a larger number of them. A GT350R will hold more of its value long term, but it will need to be a low mileage garage queen. Higher mileage cars will lose value faster and without a warranty can cost you a lot of repair/upkeep dollars.

passwords

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350R & ā€˜19 ZL1 1LE
I will correct you to an extent. No, I will not be tracking the car and NO I don't have the disposable income. I have enough to buy one near sticker or a little more and if I do, it will wipe out a lot of my savings which doesn't make me very comfortable. I was trying to ask this forum who more knowledge on these cars than I do if this inflated market is the cause of the prices or not because if it is not, I am better buying sooner than later.
I am not an investor, I am a blue collar worker without the collar! I am just trying get something unique. I look at this car as a piece of art. I know nothing about art/paintings, my walls are bare but this car is stunning to me...inside the motor and out. I already mentioned that if I were to get one, I would have it longterm and that's why I'm considering price/value. As I mentioned, if I were to get a regular GT and use it as I intend, I would be throwing money out the window!

You seem to be upset with what I want this car for and I'm very sorry about that but I can tell you the majority of people that buy special vehicles don't use them as they are marketed. I'm just and average Joe gear head that probably makes less than most but has been saving and trying to treat himself to something.
First, I think the better term to use is ā€œinvestment gradeā€ rather than ā€œinvestmentā€ because very few cars, extremely limited production and highly desirable, ever equate to a good investment. The assumption with an investment grade vehicle is that you will lose less than you would with a regular vehicle.

The video you discussed about car values on the verge of collapse is horribly incomplete, and is really mostly utoob click bait. That said, we will likely see some normalization of average used car pricing in the next year as the liquidity from the fed starts to dissipate (and a host of other reasons). BUT, people like me, who own an R, will not be willing to sell at lower prices. With about 3600 of them made, in total, what do you think will happen with R prices?

Buy one now if you can. Even if the car does not appreciate substantially from here, you will be glad you did.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
Maybe consider a 2022 Mach 1 at below invoice which you can still now order. That price reduction will help the overall cost if you decide to sell. Mach 1 is a limited run car also. It s got value I think. Save you a lot of money for a car that won t be much different as you mentioned your not a track junkie. As a daily driver or just a street cruiser it might also be more in line for that use. something to consider.

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Post the link where a Mach 1 is faster around a track then a 350R.
It may or may not actually be faster. It's just one car review group comparing a couple year old time to the current time on the same track. Different days - different years. It shows that the Mach 1 is fast, but that's about all.

Probably the reason why the Mach is fast is it has less cooling. So good for a couple hero laps, but my guess is it wouldn't be nearly as good for a full day outing. Who knows? I'm sure we will find out more over time.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Let me first off say I'm new and know very little so I am here to learn. One thing I do know for sure is that I want a GT350R!

I've been doing a lot of research and one thing sticks in the back of my mind and has me wondering...Are these values being skewed or inflated because the rest of market is as well? I am guessing yes, but my main question is when this bubble comes to an end, will the ht350/gt350r pull back a little? Maybe closer to MSRP? I'm pretty certain these will never go below MSRP.

Also, with the government moving everything to electric, is there any fear of the government forcing you out of these cars? An example of what I mean hypothetically is an outrageous tax to own a gas powered vehicle, huge fuel prices, etc...just anything to deter from owning one. Will this electric movement with fear of what I just mentioned hurt the value or is it speeding it up?

I've been watching the other value thread and after watching the video about the market bubble ready to pop but then also the heritage/gnx value having the heritage almost double already, really has me wondering?

I'm just trying to figure out if I should wait to buy? A good buddy of mine who runs a Ford dealership advised me to for sure wait...what do you folks think?

PS...I literally just discovered this car last week! I was into boats but decided I am keeping what I have and not upgrading so thought a sports car would be fun (never had one)! Now I wish I came to this decision 4 years ago had my buddy order me one new!

Thanks!
Reminder. We were energy independent as recently as a year ago. I don't see why the political winds cannot change back into that direction.
Sponsored