March Mustang Club (MMC)

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
I said what I meant. There is a reason orders are getting pushed and cars (like mine) should have been built but (most likely) wont during this cycle. I wish I could get more into it.
Tom is back to his cryptic ways, can you just confirm that all 5,000 2020s will be built or should some us start planning on getting a 2021?
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Tom is back to his cryptic ways, can you just confirm that all 5,000 2020s will be built or should some us start planning on getting a 2021?
Sorry about that, but I cant get into details. Yes, everyone who ordered one will get it eventually. Those with VINs and build dates should be ok for this cycle, but due to the issue, the schedule is moving quite a bit (as you can see).

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
Sorry about that, but I cant get into details. Yes, everyone who ordered one will get it eventually. Those with VINs and build dates should be ok for this cycle, but due to the issue, the schedule is moving quite a bit (as you can see).
If there is a supply or quality issue then I prefer to wait to get exactly what I want without quality issues. This is way to expensive of a car to recieve rushed. I am fine with waiting. Even where I live in Southern California it rains and gets cold enough in December, January and February where it wouldn't be the best idea to drive a CFTP Shelby GT500.

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
Tom,
I have not seen any new post for people getting VINs and build dates so I agree with you looks like those of us that got a VIN and build date will be ok this cycle but I would not expect to see any new people added to the list for this cycle.

Jeff

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
You got pushed a 2nd time? You started late September? Now what is build day? I called Friday and was holding in at build day of Oct 30th but that was after getting bumped from oct 9th, a 3 week push

yes, w9-23/d 9-24, to w10-7/d10-9 now 10/21
Things are not going well in flat rock...…………….
lol

I said what I meant. There is a reason orders are getting pushed and cars (like mine) should have been built but (most likely) wont during this cycle. I wish I could get more into it.
my PMs are open :)

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
i know.. just reaaaaallllly wanted it for the cold great DA us eastcoasters enjoy to set records at the dragstrips.. a Hero run if you will
Yea, I had big plans too.

ParsonsWV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2002 C5
Parsons: I'm the fella who ginned up that graphic and yes, you could have the shirt made locally. That is, if you can find a local shirt print shop that will use your .JPG file. If you have a place like that I can send you or them the graphic in whatever size (actual on the shirt) that you want.

You could also have your car in the image if you send me the same view using the Configurator. Right click, Save Image As, then give it a filename xxxxxxxx.jpg. Send that to me and PM me for the email address.
I wasn't sure if ford would try to say something about using a car without permission.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
If Ford keeps rescheduling the build dates, your going to need a bigger meeting place.

Sponsored

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I’m guessing that its an supplier issue for a part across the board of base and CFTP.
Tom I have to assume you have an insight to what’s going on, an inside voice. Obviously the problem isn’t the Aviator/Explorer? It must be an issue across the board with the 500, CFTP and base model, but nothing to do with the 2020 GT 350’s as I’ve seen a few of those have been delivered. So we’re down to front clip parts or drivetrain? I’m sure a few of the 500’s have rolled across the line we seen the Barrett Jackson car. I’m still in disbelief that no one has been able to pull a window sticker? That’s really not a good sign. I was told as of Friday that October 30th build date “should” be the last push back I received,,,, but!!!? I’ll call Friday again to see. My only glimmer of hope is I’m such a short distance from FRAP that it’s an over the road delivery only, my 350 only took 3 days from ready to ship to me driving it out the door. Although when I asked if I’d see similar results, Noah said delivery’s were going to be handled differently this time??

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I wasn't sure if ford would try to say something about using a car without permission.
Brandon: Ford can't say a thing if the image is from the Web and they'r'e the ones who provided the Configurator. Besides, it's free marketing for them so I am quite certain they couldn't care less.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I’m guessing that its an supplier issue for a part across the board of base and CFTP.

Tom I have to assume you have an insight to what’s going on, an inside voice. Obviously the problem isn’t the Aviator/Explorer? It must be an issue across the board with the 500, CFTP and base model, but nothing to do with the 2020 GT 350’s as I’ve seen a few of those have been delivered. So we’re down to front clip parts or drivetrain? I’m sure a few of the 500’s have rolled across the line we seen the Barrett Jackson car. I’m still in disbelief that no one has been able to pull a window sticker? That’s really not a good sign. I was told as of Friday that October 30th build date “should” be the last push back I received,,,, but!!!? I’ll call Friday again to see. My only glimmer of hope is I’m such a short distance from FRAP that it’s an over the road delivery only, my 350 only took 3 days from ready to ship to me driving it out the door. Although when I asked if I’d see similar results, Noah said delivery’s were going to be handled differently this time??
I'm not an insider like you think. I do know some folks in the know, but I don't comment on specifics when I shouldn't. This information is not news and what I have said is reinforced by what you are seeing. It is unfolding right before your eyes and the reasons for this schedule push is unimportant. It is something that you cant control and you would be just raising your blood pressure if you tried to (ask me how I know). Furthermore, my crystal ball is in the shop so I don't know what is going to happen to everyone. At this point, I'm not sure even Ford knows exactly who is going to get built when. I am confident that people who had early build dates will get their cars, but at a point later in time than expected. There are many reasons for the push in the schedule, but that doesn't matter. If I had a later build, I would be concerned. I just hope that the people at Ford don't do what they have done in the past with GT350R's and build one of these cars only for them to sit on the lot all winter buried under feet of snow. I would not want a car that sat out in the snow and ice and if that were to occur, I probably would pass on it.

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
What is the "penalty" to refuse your car? Just a loss of deposit and burning the dealer?
Sponsored