Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
So Garret turbochargers can be fitted with my MAP DP and exh manifold! Cool

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Not yet, we have to test it. They might be off by a little bit as the housings aren't exactly the same.

Gotboost91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost mustang mt
So living in cali, could I get away was just doing the Cobb tuner for now without upgrading my intercooler? I might get it next summer but I'm not sure if it will harm my turbo without it??

wmsky33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 6MT Competition Orange
So living in cali, could I get away was just doing the Cobb tuner for now without upgrading my intercooler? I might get it next summer but I'm not sure if it will harm my turbo without it??
No, IC comes after the turbo, so IC doesn't affect the turbo at all. Keeping the stock IC simply means that if you do repeated pulls in boost, you may notice a temporary slight loss of power as the IC becomes heat soaked and can't cool the incoming air as well as it could for the first few pulls. For daily driving I think the stock IC is adequate - not good, but adequate; unless you spend most of your driving in boost.

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

Sponsored

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
No, IC comes after the turbo, so IC doesn't affect the turbo at all. Keeping the stock IC simply means that if you do repeated pulls in boost, you may notice a temporary slight loss of power as the IC becomes heat soaked and can't cool the incoming air as well as it could for the first few pulls. For daily driving I think the stock IC is adequate - not good, but adequate; unless you spend most of your driving in boost.

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk
Slight? If he did a 2nd gear pull from 2000rpms, by the time he hit top of 3rd gear he would of already sacrificed about 30hp, by middle of 4th it would be completely heatsoaked and will lose about 40-45hp.

I lost 30hp just doing back to back dyno pulls.

Tune is ok on stock car, but don't expect to make consistent power until you get an intercooler.

wmsky33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Slight? If he did a 2nd gear pull from 2000rpms, by the time he hit top of 3rd gear he would of already sacrificed about 30hp, by middle of 4th it would be completely heatsoaked and will lose about 40-45hp.

I lost 30hp just doing back to back dyno pulls.

Tune is ok on stock car, but don't expect to make consistent power until you get an intercooler.
Yeah, and by the time he got to top of 3rd he'd be going well over the speed that's legal on just about any road in the US. If I wasn't clear, I was talking strictly about daily driving where you rarely have your foot in it for more than about 3 seconds. At least, I rarely do, because by that time I'm going fast enough to be really dangerous if there is any kind of traffic on the roads.

I will eventually get an intercooler, because I do want consistent power, but it's probably going to be sometime middle of next year or so, most likely before next summer. I've watched my charge air temps while I'm driving, and even in the Texas 95 degree heat, they don't usually go over 145, and when they do, they typically drop 25 degrees in about 20 seconds after I'm out of boost. So, I know I'm losing power, but I don't think I'm losing much.

Bomicino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
15 ecoboost
So if you're more interested in ***** footing around with BATs of 50 over ambient, why are you giving poor advice in MAPs thread? Not to be argumentive, but just leave it to Adam to answer questions in his thread, and maybe not go against the grain after he speaks his ECOBOOST GOSPEL.

KazyMedic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RX-8 and Toyota 86
Yeah, and by the time he got to top of 3rd he'd be going well over the speed that's legal on just about any road in the US. If I wasn't clear, I was talking strictly about daily driving where you rarely have your foot in it for more than about 3 seconds. At least, I rarely do, because by that time I'm going fast enough to be really dangerous if there is any kind of traffic on the roads.

I will eventually get an intercooler, because I do want consistent power, but it's probably going to be sometime middle of next year or so, most likely before next summer. I've watched my charge air temps while I'm driving, and even in the Texas 95 degree heat, they don't usually go over 145, and when they do, they typically drop 25 degrees in about 20 seconds after I'm out of boost. So, I know I'm losing power, but I don't think I'm losing much.
Less heat is longer life. Give your baby that chance. 150 bats are crazy.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
and an upgraded intercooler doesn't heat soak as badly sitting in traffic, and then accelerating...

Sponsored

wmsky33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
So if you're more interested in ***** footing around with BATs of 50 over ambient, why are you giving poor advice in MAPs thread? Not to be argumentive, but just leave it to Adam to answer questions in his thread, and maybe not go against the grain after he speaks his ECOBOOST GOSPEL.
Less heat is longer life. Give your baby that chance. 150 bats are crazy.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Sorry guys, I don't consider 145 degree air temps for 20-30 seconds at a time every once in a while to be a problem in a daily driver. Normally the temps are 125 or less. If you're telling me that's a problem, then any time anyone gets stuck in stop and go traffic they're in trouble. If I tracked my car, or even if I lived somewhere where there was less traffic and I could open it up more frequently, that would be a different story. I know Adam knows his sh*t. I know he takes great pride in extracting every safe horse he can from the EB engine. He's just coming at it from a different perspective, not so much from a basic daily driving perspective, but more of a performance perspective. And yes Kazy, I feel bad that I'm blowing hot air into my baby, but money is tight and I just can't get the intercooler yet. As to giving poor advice, I don't consider it that. It's still my opinion that for a low-key daily driver, a new intercooler is not critical. If Adam can convince me that I'm wrong and it is critical, I still won't get the intercooler any time soon, unless Adam wants to give me one, heh, but I will stop posting that I think it's not necessary.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I think it's not necessary.
You think that because it is not necessary... unless you are tracking the car.

And then you should really have (read: want) a turbo/blower V8 sitting under that hood.

Don't worry about the negative remarks... the Intercooler Fan Club (IFC) is strong on here!

gte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS
No you weren't, this is a ridiculous attempt at justifying diarrhea of the mouth. The second post is even more ridiculous.

Speak about what you know.

wmsky33 said:
Sorry guys, I don't consider 145 degree air temps for 20-30 seconds at a time every once in a while to be a problem in a daily driver. Normally the temps are 125 or less. If you're telling me that's a problem, then any time anyone gets stuck in stop and go traffic they're in trouble. If I tracked my car, or even if I lived somewhere where there was less traffic and I could open it up more frequently, that would be a different story. I know Adam knows his sh*t. I know he takes great pride in extracting every safe horse he can from the EB engine. He's just coming at it from a different perspective, not so much from a basic daily driving perspective, but more of a performance perspective. And yes Kazy, I feel bad that I'm blowing hot air into my baby, but money is tight and I just can't get the intercooler yet. As to giving poor advice, I don't consider it that. It's still my opinion that for a low-key daily driver, a new intercooler is not critical. If Adam can convince me that I'm wrong and it is critical, I still won't get the intercooler any time soon, unless Adam wants to give me one, heh, but I will stop posting that I think it's not necessary.

wmsky33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
No you weren't, this is a ridiculous attempt at justifying diarrhea of the mouth. The second post is even more ridiculous.

Speak about what you know.
And this is a beautiful example of a totally useless post. I am speaking about what I know. Put up or shut up. Tell me where I'm wrong.

bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2020 Explorer ST, 1990 Mustang GT turbo
And this is a beautiful example of a totally useless post. I am speaking about what I know. Put up or shut up. Tell me where I'm wrong.
So what do you know, and what data do you have to back it up?

You think that because it is not necessary... unless you are tracking the car
So spirited driving on a mountain road with multiple back to back 2nd and 3rd gear pulls will have not result in heat soak with the stock intercooler? You are saying a lot about performance enhancements while self identifying as the "cruiser".

Why are you in a vendor's thread proclaiming that upgraded intercoolers are not necessary outside of track focused vehicles? Why not hop in a thread asking for opinions on whether an intercooler is needed or not, or if you really want to talk to someone that bad about "what you know", simply walk up from your parents basement and talk to them about it?

:threadjacked:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.